1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Scoot Henderson Tank Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Nov 12, 2022.

?

I like Wemby, but we need a PG.

Poll closed Jun 22, 2023.
  1. Yes

65 vote(s)
    23.6%
  2. Nah, we need Wemby.

131 vote(s)
    47.5%
  3. Nah, draft Wemby & get a PG with Bucks pick.

46 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. Nah, we can find a PG in free agency.

34 vote(s)
    12.3%
  1. Rokman

Rokman Member

If Rockets end up with the second pick next year they should be happy. Just got to move KPJ to make room.

2. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Draft Wemby, trade for Scoot + assets, profit?

3. i3artow i3aller

4. xaos

xaos Member

Yeah his mentality is one of the things that keeps me intrigued by him. He isn't just a super athletic dude. He wants to be great as orh every cell in his body.

OkayAyeReloaded likes this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Why should a team select you as the face of their franchise?

SH: First of all, my face is precious. I’m good-looking. I think that’s one reason. Who wouldn’t want me as the face of their franchise? Other than that, my skills, I’m a good person. I try to encourage others, my peers.

Victor Wembanyama said he felt he should be the No. 1 pick. Does that matter to you?

SH: I’m blessed to be in the position I am for sure. I want to be No. 1. It’s my competitive spirit. I’m itching to be No. 1 in whatever I do, whether it’s badminton, pickleball, or whatever it is, I want to win. Second is great as well, but No. 1 is the goal.

People write scouting reports on you, so I’ll ask you, what’s your scouting report on your strengths?

SH: I feel like my best strength is to drive and kick, to go 100 miles per hour and still be able to see the whole court and make quick decisions. I feel like I can damn near do it all at this point. I’m still working on my game, my three-point shot and my mid-range shot, still perfecting getting to the cup. I’m watching film to try and be a smarter player and be a better defender. I’m getting better on defense. Coaches Jason Hart and CJ Williams have been helping me.

What other parts of your game do you want to work on in your development?

SH:
    I want to work on being vocal. I feel like, during adversity, I still want to keep bringing along my teammates. If we’re down a couple of points, I still want to have that same energy I’d have if we were up 20 points. I want to perfect that part of my game and my leadership.

Who would you compare your game to now, and who do you hope to become one day?

SH: Right now, probably who people say over and over again, Russell Westbrook. I want to be like Andre Miller with the pace and the ability to see the floor. Pass like Chris Paul and be smart. On a skillset level, I want to be like Damian Lillard. I want to be a clash of all those guys. On defense, be like Jrue Holiday. I watch all of their film and try to be that one whole player.

I was trying to meet Andre. I was watching film of him before the game. Miller was going slow as heck, but he was getting whatever he wanted. I feel I have the ability to go slow and fast and still get what I want.

Who did you grow up watching?

SH:
    I grew up watching Kobe Bryant. He was my favorite player of all time.

Was there anyone you tried to model your game after?

SH: I used to watch Russell Westbrook highlights before games. His aggressiveness is like that dog in you that you’ve got to have. I try to not mimic it, but see how I can bring that out of myself.

What motivates you day to day?

SH: My family. My little sister, my mom, and dad. I want to be a household name. I want everyone to know the name Scoot Henderson. I want to be great. I looked up to Kobe. Everything he talked about was like the whole aspect of being great is it’s not just the people around you or the work you put in, but it’s playing for the fans.

One day you’ll hang up your sneakers after a long career. In that time, what would you like to accomplish?

SH:
    At least one championship. A ring or two, hopefully. Whatever path God takes me on. As long as I continue to work hard, I feel like it’ll all come.

Is there any adversity you’ve overcome to get you where you are now and where you want to go?

SH:
    Last year, I was in a slump during the season. Teams started to figure out the scouting report on me. I felt things weren’t going my way at one point, so I started worrying about too many things. I feel like I overcame that and asked Dame Lillard for advice. During that time, I was in the hotel room frustrated, so I just decided to bust my a**. I forgot about it, went on to the next practice and game, and continued to build.

What’s something people may not know about you?

SH:
    I’m into fashion. I like reading self-development and self-enhancement books. I’m a simple person. I play video games like every other teenager. I’ve got two dogs, two American bulldogs, Brandon and Xero. I spelled it that way for something different. I have a big family and support group.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

7. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Seems like a smart and thoughtful kid. I would be happy to have him as a Rocket. This would allow us to put KPJ in a 6th man type role.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

9. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

So Scoot see's himself as Russel Westbrook type player!?!? :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

10. MystikArkitect

Give the #1 or #2 pick and I'd be happy as a clam. Everyone after has questions marks.

Y2JT likes this.
  11. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

And TyTy can run PG in the 2nd team with KPJ as SG.

I really reaaaaaaaaally want to see a Scoot H/Jalen/Tari/Sengun/Jabari starting lineup. With a capable coach unlike Silas, this team can start going places.

larry cook and CHAMPBOY like this.
  12. Rockets34Legend

SH: I used to watch Russell Westbrook highlights before games. His aggressiveness is like that dog in you that you’ve got to have. I try to not mimic it, but see how I can bring that out of myself.

I think he wants to take away some aspects of his game... not the craziness that Russ does at times to ruin games.

13. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Sure thats fair. For as much grief as Westbrook gets here and elsewhere im just surprised Scoot would use him as a figure to emulate being that most casuals like to say Westbrook is the most inefficient player in NBA history - or something to that effect.

jim1961 likes this.
  14. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Casuals? It is irrefutable fact that among high volume shooters he was one of the most inefficient to ever do it.

Henderson would do fine to emulate Westbrook in every way other than his shooting ability and decision making.

15. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Makes the comment even that more outlandish if its an indisputable fact! So basically just rebound like Westbrook in this comparison? At least Henderson has that sexy TS% and Ast/TO ratio right! It does make me wonder if this guy is going to be another high usage "hero ball" player in the NBA? Sure hope not - this place has already figured out what ails the team and pass first defensive PG seems to be the obvious course of action for a return to contention. Where can "Got dat Dog in him" be found on the stat sheet?

16. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Very odd comment:
    Who would you have picked at #3 over Jabari? I literally don't recall a single person on the planet that suggested otherwise. Revisionist history?

Regarding 2021:
    Cunningham was off the board but his production is about the same as Jalen, however he's only played 12 games this season (and only 64 last season)
    Mobley? He's avg <15ppg
    You wanted Jalen Suggs?

I guess you wanted our rookie to make the all-star team the first year?

There are tons of Steve Nash examples (picked at #15) or Draymont Green in the 2nd round. The draft is a crap shoot.

gfab-babyboi and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  17. Ancient Moabite

I see what you did there

18. Rockets34Legend

19. xaos

xaos Member

Finally got a chance to watch that game. Scoot has a very unique ability to hit very tough shots at the rim and/or around the paint. He has this explosiveness that gets him there then he hits the defenders with a combo of either few post-like moves, euro step, or just absorbs the contact.

#119 xaos, Jan 2, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2023
    BaselineFade likes this.
  20. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

We need some with a compete level that is off the charts and who is mean as hell. Is Scoot that guy? Possibly

xaos likes this.