1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carlos Correa to the Twins - 3 Years, $105 Million

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by TheresTheDagger, Mar 19, 2022.

1. Kemahkeith

Kemahkeith Member
    Supporting Member

I opening myself up for criticism, but in my opinion if you leave the Astros for another team for 3 or 4 mil more a year when you are already almost guaranteed to get playoff share every year and you already make 20 million a year I got no love for you.

Don't ever want to wish injury on anyone, but I hope you fade away.

You are either with us or against us.

Just my opinion. Unless you are JJ Watt or Hakeem, or Earl Campbell

chievous minniefield likes this.
  2. Rvo384

Rvo384 Member

Morton leaving in no way destroyed the Astros.

jiggyfly and Rock Block like this.
  3. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

I think he was referring to h2h competition

HTown2017Champs likes this.
  4. jayfree

jayfree Member

[​IMG]

B-Bob likes this.
  5. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

but he was the difference maker in two series against us and probably would have helped us against the Nationals when we were running short on pitchers. He perceivably could have helped us to 3 more world series wins.

HatsForBats likes this.
  6. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

He definitely was a big loss… but people also forget how awful he was in his 2018 ALCS start and had been battling injuries that year. The Astros didn’t think he’d have more than 1 year of above average pitching. They were wrong.

7. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

there is no salary cap, and that 3-4M means a lot more as a % to the player than it does to the ownership group. If you get angry at a player leaving for a small amount, get angrier at the owner and his silent business partners for not paying.

Commodore and cbass like this.
  8. IdStrosfan

IdStrosfan Member

I address every situation differently.

Cole is the absolute worst for changing into a "Boras" hat while still in the locker room in 2019.

I actively root for him to give up 10 runs and lose every time he pitches. Being a Yankmee just adds fuel to that fire.

JV had every reason to return and by all accounts was given a reasonable offer to stay. So I certainly don't wish any ill on him but not rooting for success either.

Guys like Morton, or Springer both wanted to play close to home and they had earned that so I root for them everyday except against the Astros. In George's case he even had a legitimate beef against the Astros that Saddens me and likely fueled his wanting to leave.

Correa is a total mercenary but at the same time he earned it and the Astros didn't even make a serious offer to retain him. Furthermore by all accounts he was 100% all in on being a great Astro and teammate until the very second his contract expired. He will always be a favorite except vs the Astros.

My take is that players spend years in luxurious indentured servitude. The income they generate vs salary they earn is very out of whack compared to older veteran players who have 6+ yrs of service time.

Because of this I feel they earn the right to go wherever they want and make as much money as they can o ce they have completed their time.

However as a fan I hope my team makes a reasonable offer to keep them and they stay if that offer is made. But it's really hard to fault them if they don't. It takes a good reason.

#1948 IdStrosfan, Dec 27, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2022
  9. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Hmmmmm....a possible extra $500,000 in playoff shares or a guaranteed extra $4,000,000 in salary

jiggyfly likes this.
  10. cmlmel77

Fair all around. I couldn’t agree more on Cole. There is a difference between exploring options as a FA and declaring yourself a mercenary within hours and in the same room as your teammates after the biggest loss of the year.

IdStrosfan likes this.
  11. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Why is the player at fault and not the billionaire owner for failing to salary match in an uncapped league?

A person leaving a huge company that can easily afford it for more money..and the company is somehow the victim.

everyday eddie and cmlmel77 like this.
  12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So the Twins still have a chance?

13. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

Not a dime. Live with your "VALUES." Let the criminals have free reign to target working people.

Burn Loot Murder = then beg for a bailout.

The Twins only chance is to LEAVE.

#1953 Marshall Bryant, Dec 29, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2022
  14. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

Maybe he wants to still own the business in ten years. We have a billionaire owner and he's a pauper among owners.

15. cmlmel77

What are you trying to say across these sentence fragments and odd combination of cowardly and fear-mongering “equations” … and, more importantly, what does it have to do with baseball, the Astros, or Correa?

Snake Diggit and Bregatron like this.
  16. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

My comment was directed toward the Lake Street bailout and particularly the Values link to that link. I don't know what the Twins comment was directed at where the bailout is linked.

But back to baseball.

17. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

100%

18. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Are you on drugs?

19. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

**** you. Every ****ing time, you inject politically charged bullshit into the board, then try to brush it off with “oh well back to baseball”. **** you and **** you again. You are single-handedly ruining my favorite website on the internet. I have you on ignore and EVERY SINGLE PAGE of the most active threads on the board is filled with your nonsense (either political bullshit or idiotic baseball takes) so much that there aren’t any actual comments worth reading, it’s just your shitposting and people who don’t have you on ignore yet replying to your idiocy.

jiggyfly, cbass, NIKEstrad and 4 others like this.
  20. raj87

raj87 Member

ngl I had this poster on ignore for so long I forgot how lame and boring his whole act is. loser imo

Snake Diggit and IBTL like this.