1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bauer is a monster

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Yordan The Great, Dec 24, 2022.

1. IdStrosfan

IdStrosfan Member

I'm sure I would be conflicted.

But there are facts and facets to look at.

I can't say how I would react until after ( of course praying never) it happened.

First thing - gotta look in the mirror. Most abusers have a history of experiencing or witnessing abuse.

But I would focus on getting all the facts of the act and situation then focus on helping my son not shunning him unless he showed no remorse or accountability.

juicystream likes this.
  2. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I may not disown my son, but I would never see him the same way again. What Bauer did is psychopath level and I'm friends with more than a few people that are into kink.

#22 rockbox, Dec 27, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2022
    HTown2017Champs and juicystream like this.
  3. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Bauer has shown no remorse.

HTown2017Champs likes this.
  4. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

5. IdStrosfan

IdStrosfan Member

I agree

My comment was regarding how I would react to my son in Bauer's situation.

Not about Bauer

rockbox and HTown2017Champs like this.
  6. vince

vince Member

I’m glad the Astros don’t have to worry about Bauer playing for them in 2023.

After the Osuna fiasco, I think the Astros Owner may have been looking for an excuse to rid himself of Luhnow who opened that can of worms. And unfortunately the sign stealing scandal was the tipping point.

Even though it was my understanding that Osuna merely restrained her hands from keeping her from pummeling him; but fellas, it seems lay no hand on her means under no situation can you use force even to stop an attack. Which was why the Astros were so confident he was going to be fine. But it turned out to be a completely different animal PR-wise than the Astros thought it was.

7. The Drake

The Drake Member

Crawfish Boxes getting roasted so badly on Twitter for their Bauer article they deleted it lol

conquistador#11 likes this.
  8. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Bauer made a stink about sticky stuff and got caught with it not long after. A true hypocrite.

clos4life, cbass and Fulgore like this.
  9. msn

msn Member

MLB will be a better place without Trevor Bauer.

cbass, King1 and Fulgore like this.
  10. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

You don’t even consider that he may have been set up? Nothing at all suggests that possibility?

11. msn

msn Member

Even without this story: the dude is a prick. Will anyone miss this arrogant twit's act? Not me.

12. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Fair enough

13. vince

vince Member

i missed that article, where they taking a position on what they thought about Bauer? Because he is for sure one heck of an amazing pitcher, talent wise.

Nevertheless He’s such a scumbag, and that even without his near felony kink stuff. But on top of being a slimy character, he’s not very bright to risk his career and livelihood on pursuit of groupie with perhaps felony level activities; even if she said it was consensual.

14. SamCassell

SamCassell Contributing Member

I'm not sure why you think that was the case with Osuna's situation. He was suspended by MLB for 75 games. The MLBPA did not appeal that. There was a restraining order (peace bond) issued in the criminal matter in Canada, although the victim was uncooperative and left the country, preventing the ability to proceed to prosecution.

Who knows what really happened, but I really doubt it was all self-defense. I think you've dramatically undersold the situation.

15. mightybosstone

Didn't other women come forward with similar allegations? Even if there was a possibility that one woman may have "set him up," it's unlikely three separate women filed similar allegations against the same man and are all lying.

And whether what happened was consensual or not, I think it takes a sick kind of person to want to get that physical during sex. I think that speaks to the man's character if he enjoys getting that physical with women under any circumstance.

Any team that adds him is taking on a huge risk from a PR standpoint, especially given the league's history with donestic abusers, and I sure as hell don't want it to be the Astros. But just personally, I don't want any part of the guy.

#35 mightybosstone, Dec 31, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2022
    No Worries and cbass like this.
  16. mightybosstone

That take completely ignores the fact that those with money and power are far more likely to get away with crime than the average person. Context is important, chief. Maybe you should consider including it when teaching?

And just because someone isn't proven guilty in a court of law doesn't mean they didn't commit a crime or do something wrong. The burden of proof is pretty strong in this country's justice system. To just say "he wasn't found guilty, therefore he didn't do anything wrong" is incredibly naive.

#36 mightybosstone, Dec 31, 2022
    cbass likes this.
  17. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

18. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

So the other women couldn’t possibly be trying to cash in on the opportunity? You’ve completely ruled this out?

19. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

You aren’t appalled by abuse any more than anyone else here. Taking the virtue signaling out of your argument, we are still left with zero proof of what you are accusing him of and it was laughed out of court. Oh, and don’t post the pictures. It’s likely that she did that herself.

Edit- I was actually replying to your previous post but this works too

#39 Tomstro, Dec 31, 2022
  20. cbass

cbass Member

“It’s likely she did that to herself”

Jesus, man. Do you hear yourself? I want to take a shower after reading your comments.

How vile and disgusting.

People like you are why many victims of sexual assault never even come forward.

I know you aren’t , but you should be ashamed of yourself.

Just vile.

I hope you don’t have daughters.

Also, it’s absurd that you’re STILL polluting an Astros board with your Bauer nonsense.

Yuck.

right1 and mightybosstone like this.