1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Breaking news: Correa to the Mets!

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by DaBeard, Dec 21, 2022.

1. awc713

awc713 Member

i think this of how I’m going to start all sentences on this forum now

2. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

Regardless of POLICY, there is, and always have been, leaks. Some are desirable or even planted and some not. Leaks are the currency of spies, politicians, reporters and financial insiders.

#342 Marshall Bryant, Dec 28, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2022
  3. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

That's Scott Boras for you. He also had Conforto reject 18 mil extension with the Mets. He ended up sitting out the entire year with no contract and ultimately signed for 11 mil/year with the Giants.

vince likes this.
  4. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

Huh?
    He signed 2/36- that’s 18 per- with an opt out after the first year. That’s a much better deal for him. Guaranteed him an extra 18M if he hurts or sucks.

5. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

I’m an illiterate jackass apparently. I misread what he said. Mea culpa.

Buck Turgidson and Major like this.
  6. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

My bad, I thought it was 2/22 for some reason. He still lost out and got $0 last year when he could've gotten 18 mil with the Mets.

vince likes this.
  7. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

I mean- he injured himself in January staying in shape. That could have happened to anyone. I'm as down for Boras hate as anyone but I wouldn't put that on him.

8. jayfree

jayfree Member

This Correa ordeal is like a person in a relationship for years but when they're ready to settle down long term they find out they have a benign cancer that can spring up at any moment. Is it right for the other person to call of the wedding? No, but it's hard to blame them for thinking about it.

9. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

There’s no such thing as a benign cancer.

maybe you meant to say cancer in remission?

Either way… not the best analogy.

I’d use a slightly simpler one of a house inspection that revealed the roof may have less than 5-6 years before needing to be replaced. Do you not buy the house? Or do you negotiate a reduced price.

jayfree likes this.
  10. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Technically, there are benign tumors but oncologists and doctors don't consider those cancers. However, the general population often use those words interchangeably which can lead to confusion.

11. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Yes.

Cancers can metastasize. Benign tumors don't. Benign cancers don't exist.

Anyways, remember back when the original concern for Correa's delayed press conference with the Giants was the concern they may have found something cancer related? good times!