1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Celtics 12/27/2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 27, 2022.

1. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

LOL he missed a pull up 3 and a dunk, big whoop. Also, GM did not sub in with Eason. Eason was there from the 3rd. What we should have done was keep KPJ in for a TyTy, Green, KPJ, Eason lineup and bring in Sengun and then sub in KJ and Bari when they could catch a breath. Under no circumstance should GM every be playing unless we are just injured. Keep defending the worst coach in Rockets history though.

hakeem94 and Nook like this.
  2. PeppermintCandy

Yeah, that's how I see it too. The better teams really try to beat up on Sengun in the paint, and it mostly works.

Not only Sengun, the Rockets are a young team that struggles against physical defense, and I expect they'll be taking their lumps for quite a while.

burlesk and Dobbizzle like this.
  3. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Check out old footage of his dad from his NBA days - I think he probably has his Dad’s frame and will be plenty strong..just going to take a few years for him to grow into his body. You can’t rush age.

hakeem94, burlesk and ThrillaNManilla like this.
  4. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yeah I already saw your posts don't need to read them again, would rather watch it again for myself

5. Amel

Amel Member

Man, Jabari had a real bad game. I expected him to show up but he seemed nervous...

6. Ancient Moabite

The elusive ruddy

burlesk likes this.
  7. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Sengun got a taste a of real defensive team tonight compared to the awful Bulls. Gotta scrap down there more.

HD729, Dobbizzle and harold bingo like this.
  8. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

This is bang on the money. It's small scale bully ball, and it's always going to work when a top team full of grown ass vets exerts a little pressure to dominate a bunch of youngsters. It definitely doesn't help when he's getting bullshit foul calls whilst the defender is allowed to manhandle him all game long (seriously, I saw plenty of occasions where Smart could've been called for off-ball fouls.) Combine that with them obviously planning for him and denying him the post as much as possible and I can understand why he'd struggle this early in his career. That won't fly in a couple of years.

Alpifan and PeppermintCandy like this.
  9. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

When that happens, I want to see the coaching staff pat him on the ass, send him back out, and tell them to make the Celtics regret it and then let him foul out if need be.

10. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

we could have if it was not the wrong half of a b2b

HD729 and maj21 like this.
  11. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Yeah I get that for sure, but I'm not gonna hold it against him that he had a rough game when he was being played rough and at the wrong end of some bad calls, **** happens. Could he have been more aggressive? Maybe, but in the same stroke he was trying to battle with Smart, he's just not as grown, has a lot less hours in the weight room and a lot less experience and craftiness in that fight. Maybe if Smart would've got pulled for some of the physicality it's a different story. I have every confidence this is just going to motivate him further, we've seen that competitive spirit since the day he was drafted.

12. larsv8

larsv8 Member

Night and day in the competition we faced, but some promising play from Green.

This is why its important to not get too high on wins and not too low on losses.

Good lesson for the Segun fanatic weirdos tonight...Despite laying an egg, you probably won't see 40 pages of tweets and craziness about him being a loser, choker or a bust. This is because the Imaginary "Hater Brigade" doesn't exist. Maybe take that into consideration before the next round of the obsessive posting.

HD729, apollo33, DreamR and 4 others like this.
  13. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

This team's offense has been reduced to a scoring contest between KPJ and JG.
    There is no ball’s movement, no cuts, no rotations. Pathetic.
    Some here continue to get excited about empty statistics.
    If our backcourt scores 50 points but our opponents' score 77, we are going to lose 99% of the games. As simple as that.

14. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Member
    Supporting Member

And that’s why you not the coach - GM actually helped the game stay close in the 1st half and one of the 2 players outside of Green who can run perimeter and catch and shoot off a screen…

But hey… you got it.. play Green whole second half of a back to back …when down 14-16 pts …lol

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If only we had a "real PG" that could have gotten 9 assists and 0 turnovers.

gfab-babyboi likes this.
  16. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

I mean you're right, but it was the forwards that cooked us tonight, not the guards...

17. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Member
    Supporting Member

How does KMJ score if there is no cuts? Eason? Bruno? Lol the Rockets are guard heavy because they are less talented at every other position at the moment

Bari is up and down

Tari is up and down

Etc etc .. majority of our team needs their shots created

Our offense looked a lot like Boston… they just older and more talented at the moment

rockets1995 and apollo33 like this.
  18. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

How can a team full of guards be this bad at entry passes? Thats my only gripe about tonight.. The outcome was expected.. I expected KPJ and Jalen to get up for this game.. I expected phuckery from the officials.. I even expected a low minutes game from Sengun ( though I ain't expect 0 points) because I thought Horford would eat him alive with the 3 ball.. Its the simple basketball stuff I don't get with this team.. Nor the ability of Silas to beat it into their brains..

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

#839 daywalker02, Dec 27, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2022
  20. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

If only we had Corey Brewer!

burlesk, Ancient Moabite and Roomba like this.