1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Time to fire Stone

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by my time to shine, Oct 30, 2022.

1. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

but idiots won’t read this or any other interviews and scream fire Silas

jim1961 likes this.
  2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

3. ExTxGS

ExTxGS Member

There are 346 coaches in NBA history. And Silas is 307. W/L % :rolleyes:(and there are lots of coaches under 10 games, if u don't count them, it will be worse)

rocketchampsdad and hakeem94 like this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Additionally you have promising assistant coaches, coach material, that are becoming better and better than their predecessors.

Step it up, Stephen.

5. gfab-babyboi

Supporting Member

Silas is doing what Tilman and Stone wants - develop players and be competive in losses..Everyone agrees the Rockets are ahead of schedule

Folks complaining about not making the playin with the type of players in upcoming draft are complaining just to complain

6. ExTxGS

ExTxGS Member

Do u really think, our young core developing well under Silas's managament?

Where is Jaygup? KJ wants to exit, Sengun doesn't get enough minutes, Jalen has a superstar potential but not showing too much, Nix plays but TyTy sits, EG and Mathews steals Tari's minutes.

Look man, i know u think i am a SOF but not. I watched nearly %80 of Rockets games in last 25 years. (Now i am 37 years old) Also watched old games in history. I am a real fan of Rockets. I get up 4 o'clock (AM) to watch games. Anyway...My opinion is, Silas is the worst coach in Rockets history. We as a fan, deserve better coaching.

7. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Going into this season, I saw three outcomes (in order of preference).

1) Bottom 3 team, high draft pick
    2) Make playin
    3) No playin or high draft pick

Right now, 3) seems the most likely :(

Is that on Stone?

8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

10. gfab-babyboi

Supporting Member

I feel like I have to explain this to you once a week - JC screwed up in summer league, Silas tried to give him the backup PG job and he went full Kobe and then had a attitude to start the season which got him benched

KJ no longer wants to leave that clickbait was news from before season started

Sengun controls his minutes for the most part…either he going to step up and improve on more than drop defense and stop fouling and complaining

Jalen is way ahead of schedule he’s playing better than RJ Barrett and he’s more on par with Anthony Edwards and following same path as Devin Booker while playing with a selfish KPJ

Nix is playing because that’s the only way for Silas to prove Stone wrong about Nix talent level …because Nix looked great in G League

EG is going to get minutes til Stone trades him, Silas can’t bench EG if Stone is trying to get a 1st rounder for him … that’s on the front office

I’m 42, I watch every Rockets game (every) if not live I rewatch - Silas isn’t the issue .. it’s a youth, strength, talent issue. His offense creates open looks as I’ve shared the data with you before. It takes the talent to make them.

You can’t truly judge Silas coaching until the Rockets are actually trying to make playin and that won’t be til next year (listen to Tilman and Stone)

Corrosion likes this.
  11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

12. DominantBig

DominantBig Member

you’re either Silas himself or making as many assumptions as anyone. His system looks like garbage iso and PnR only without adjustments. He doesn’t put players like Jabari in off ball movement, sengun in enough post ups with cut options, KPJ in enough off ball movement, or Green in enough pin down looks. Areas each player excels in. I say fire Silas cause his offensive schemes and systems have looked horrible.

rocketchampsdad and ExTxGS like this.
  13. gfab-babyboi

Supporting Member

Attached Files:

Corrosion likes this.
  14. DominantBig

DominantBig Member

Ya you posted that before but ignore the other stats and the actual game. 7th in iso and last in assisted fgs

and the game itself, terrible system is pretty clear, our offense not in transition is not pretty to watch

rocketchampsdad likes this.
  15. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

do these people not want any players to play? always complaining

hakeem94 and gfab-babyboi like this.
  16. gfab-babyboi

Supporting Member

The Rockets don’t iso as much as folks like to pretend they do, majority of the offense is dribble handoff / pick and roll …KPJ will come down and iso a lot and EG…Green rarely iso…he uses high PnR to get switch he wants.

For as much as y’all want to play through Sengun look where Denver ranks

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/what-nba-team-gets-the-most-open-shots

The Rockets lose games because of turnovers and horrible 3pt shooting… turnovers can be cut down with experience (true PG) and 3pt shooting can improve as the talent improves.

but keep crying… Tilman, Stone and Silas will keep smiling

Corrosion likes this.
  17. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

15th in FGA, 9th in three point attempts. We get enough shots to win. Last in FG percentage doesn't help

Corrosion and gfab-babyboi like this.
  18. gfab-babyboi

Supporting Member

They want Sengun to play 40 min a game, with 60 touches and 30 shots, then they will complain Silas is playing him too many minutes and it’s hurting his passing creativity because he’s only avg. 4 assist a game

19. DominantBig

DominantBig Member

you ignored the numbers. How come the board should think all of your assumptions are true? Is all the info you post insider info? Curious.

20. DominantBig

DominantBig Member

Genuinely not sure what your point was addressing? (Seriously I’m high not 100% sure I understood)

but my point is just we’re an offense that is stagnant, unpleasant to watch, minimal movement, lots of iso.