1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green Disrespect

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lnchan, Dec 14, 2022.

1. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard
    Supporting Member

...Ringer has listed Jalen Green as 84th best player in the league behind... well a lot of scrubs and has beens. Clint Capela and Christian Wood rank higher.

https://nbarankings.theringer.com/

Stunning points machine capable of scoring above the rim, deep behind the line, and everywhere in between, though he must refine the edges of his game.

ANALYSIS
    Green is a nightly highlight reel who can pulverize the basket or hit breathtaking 3-pointers from deep behind the arc. He uses an explosive first step to attack the basket before going airborne for acrobatic finishes. From midrange, he clearly grew up studying artists from the past like Kobe Bryant with the way he plants hard then contorts his body as he elevates to launch jumpers. The key for Green is to improve his shooting consistency; he has great touch near the rim and from the free throw line, and his flashes of knockdown shooting offer encouragement for his future. Many players with Green’s torque aren’t able to match it with craft, but his advanced creativity has him on a path to becoming one of the game’s best shot creators.

Playing on a young team, Green is provided ample opportunities to work through mistakes and improve. Though he’s still a raw playmaker, he’s a willing passer who has already made significant progress by making skip reads and changing pace. With a thinner frame, he may always get targeted on defense, but the rest of his game more than makes up for it. While overshadowed as a rookie, the second overall pick in 2021 is on a trajectory to become one of the game’s best players. —Kevin O'Connor

burlesk, glynch and i3artow i3aller like this.
  2. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Jalen will be fine. This guy is just generating clicks.

3. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Don'y worry about that. C'mon. JG's good.

We have a fundamental lack of respect/appreciation for our own players right here.

4. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Being on a losing team hurts him on these types of lists, as does his short career that has been a little uneven.

5. TimDuncanDonaut

Even Dinwiddie? o_O

But speaking of losing teams: Paolo (#55), Wagner (#61), Wendell (#80), three magic players are ahead of him.

Magic 8-20
    Rockets 9-18

You're telling me if Magic can get a 1:1 swap between Wendell or Franz for Jalen Green, they wouldn't do it?

6. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Grading Jalen as a 2nd year 20 year old against current and past players of similar age and experience he’s been really good. When you disregard his age and experience and just judge him against everyone in the league this season so far, probably not that disrespectful.

7. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Jalen
    Sengun
    Smith Jr.
    Porter Jr
    Eason
    Martin Jr

Guys we got something special cooking, we just have to be patient. The national media are always the last to know!!!!

8. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

It’s clear Jalen is a rising star, but he’s still developing. If u watch him you see a guy who has pretty much no cap on his potential and is really starting to put it together. By the end of the year he’ll be a consensus top 2 player from his draft. Haters gonna hate.

9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Magic are REALLY high on Wagner. I don't think they would even do a Wanger for Green swap. They are happy with him like we are happy with Green.

red5rocket and napalm06 like this.
  10. TimDuncanDonaut

I know they are high on Wagner; but if you can trade for Green for Wagner straight up, that GM would do it.

11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Hmm. It's hard to say. Franchises often get a special attachment to the guys they draft who turn out great. Even if Green has the higher ceiling, it's difficult for me to see the Magic wanting to do that trade.

The Rockets wouldn't want to do that trade either obviously. It's just a situation where both teams are happy with who they have in both.

Ancient Moabite and red5rocket like this.
  12. Bo6

Bo6 Member

13. TimDuncanDonaut

Speaking of national media. ESPN's McMahon, (Mavs die-hard) is turning around on Green.

burlesk, red5rocket, Dredd and 2 others like this.
  14. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I think Green has the better future upside, but Wagner is one of my favorite young players in the league. He is really good.

15. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The Ringer/Bill Simmons have a history with crapping on the Rockets to provoke and get more clicks. He did it all the time when there was the Moreyball debate, and keeps milking that cow today. Don’t feed them clicks or get tweets trending if you know they are just trolling.

I love how KOC tries to have it both ways so he can say “hey don’t be mad at me I also said nice things!!”

The fact is, despite his flaws, no serious NBA analyst would say with a straight face that Christian Wood is a better player than Green.

Which is why we and the overall nba fanbase shouldn’t take them seriously. How many ex NBA players, coaches, etc. actually contribute to their nba content?? Why do you think Zach Lowe stays at ESPN? Yeah..

#15 dobro1229, Dec 14, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2022
  16. txtodd

txtodd Member

Home Jalen is a top 50 player, Road Jalen isn't a top 100 player, so it may average out.

17. Dredd

Dredd Member

Jalen is going to be the MVP of the league one day.

18. i3artow i3aller

The RInger is just Bill Simmons and his crew of flunkies.

Say Bill if you're out there somewhere...

[​IMG]

19. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

But is he ahead of Corey Brewer on that list? Asking for a friend.

burlesk, Ancient Moabite, Bo6 and 2 others like this.
  20. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I wouldn't swap Wagner for Green if I were the Magic, I also wouldn't swap Green for Wagner if I were the Rockets. they are about on par prospect wise

I also think Franz is better than Paolo