1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video Games] What are you playing? (Omikron Edition)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RC Cola, Jan 18, 2022.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Since I got my Steam Deck I've been sampling games almost daily.
    • Monster Train: Fairly good card battle game. Pleasing visuals, sound and gameplay. I'll probably put some real time in on this one.
    • Nitro Kid: Seems a little unfinished and it's hard to play on the Deck. Similar to Fights in Tight Spaces but stylistically 1980's. I love turn-based strategy so I'll revisit this after the game gets some QOL updates
    • Right & Down: Fun puzzle dungeon battler where you gradually level up. You can only move right or down which gives you some interesting strategic choices. I'll probably put some time into this one too.
    • Hexologic: Fun math puzzle game. My 7yo loves it.
    • Relic Hunters: This is surprisingly fun and works well on the Deck.
    • Vampire Savior, of course
    The Steam Deck is made for dual-stick shooters so I bought pretty much every game in the top 20 in ratings, so I'll be working my way through those.

RC Cola likes this.
  3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

IRL Gran Turismo.

4. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Haven't played much since finishing Elden Ring. But I did see this just got released on Steam:

Played a bit of the original on PS3. Pretty good game. A breakout style game. To be honest, I spent much more time with the soundtrack, which is amazing. The devs seem pretty cool, and I know they took a risk in remastering this, but they're trying to satisfy the many requests from fans of the original. And they only charged $10, which seems super cheap for a game these days.

Yung-T and Xerobull like this.
  5. Xerobull

I discovered RimWorld on Friday and lost Saturday-Monday.

Is this what addiction feels like?

RC Cola likes this.
  6. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Xerobull likes this.
  7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

https://www.gamesradar.com/michael-jacksons-lost-sega-game-rediscovered-at-a-flea-market/
    Michael Jackson's lost Sega game rediscovered at a flea market

Xerobull likes this.
  8. marky :)

marky :) Member

Finally got a ps5 and playing through Ghost of Tsushima. Haven't enjoyed a game like this in a long time.

Poloshirtbandit likes this.
  9. Xerobull

I played this game 8+ hours a day for a month.

I uninstalled it last week. It's crack and meth in digital form.

BTW, Hades is on sale for $12.50.

Also, this:

#269 Xerobull, Dec 12, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2022
    RC Cola likes this.
  10. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Even though I trashed it a lot, I did pick up CyberPunk 2077 on sale. Still pretty early, but I am enjoying it so far. Performance is all over the place, but I am using high end settings on PC (with RT), and this is an open-world game, so probably not that bad relatively speaking. It is probably much better than it was (and I think it was always better on PC?). A few glitches here and there, but again, think they fixed a lot of the egregious stuff.

I'm mostly trying to figure out if it is a game that will still be fun after 20 hours, when all the initial "wow" stuff wears off. Think I'll enjoy it quite a bit either way, but I am curious how they deal with that as I continue my playthrough. I'm already getting a bit tired of some basic scenarios. Also funny to me how a game can do such a great job with their crowds (relative to most games), and yet they still end up being too dumb/annoying/forgettable/etc.

Does seem like a greatly mismanaged project rather than a legit terrible game. Still annoyed by how CDPR handled it (and some of the content), but I'm willing to have them win me back. Their work with Witcher 3 also seems like good stuff.

REDengine seems pretty good relative to most engines, but might be a good thing if they migrate to UE5.

Xerobull likes this.
  11. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tried Dwarf Fortress yet?

12. Xerobull

It’s on my list but I need a solid stretch of productivity before I jump back in to life-sucking simulation.

13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I just saw that on Steam and may get it. I'm going to wait until around the 22nd in case it goes on sale (although it was just released on Steam). I've never played it, but apparently it influenced Minecraft and these guys have been at it for 20 years. I can support something like that.

14. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's actually free if you download it from the author's website, which looks like it hasn't been updated since they started the game:

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/

15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Oh, you're talking about the "O.G." version. I'd probably go blind trying to play that version. That version looks ancient even for the early 2000's. I'm more about game play than graphics, but damn, even I have my limits. The "new" version is what I was talking about :

Xerobull and Ottomaton like this.
  16. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Yeah, those hyper simulation micro manager games are such a chore to me now.

I need stuff I can pick up for 30 minutes, get a dopamine hit, and put down just as easily.

Xerobull and OkayAyeReloaded like this.
  17. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

Yeah, sim or world-building games take up too much of my time. I was developing people, doing admin work, thinking about finances, raising a family, I felt like I was paying to go to work and have real-life problems. I play games to have fun or blow off steam lol.

So strictly casual now with a focus on real-life priorities rather than virtual ones, quick enjoyable games pretty much.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  18. Xerobull

All I can say about Rimworld is that you can pause it and walk away. Then come back for a 30 minute session and then it’s next Tuesday.

19. Dark Rhino

Dark Rhino Contributing Member

Contemplating a Nintendo Switch purchase (yah...I know...late to the game but life has me busy). Currently playing Pokemon Go on my Google Pixel 7 Pro.

20. Xerobull

It’s worth it.

Dark Rhino likes this.