1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chapter 2: Welcome to The Jalen Green Experience

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Feb 27, 2022.

1. Ancient Moabite

Black is a colonial political legal status and when applied to a nation of people is a misnomer / color of law.

He's Moro / Mauri-an

[​IMG]

bmelo likes this.
  2. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

My biggest concern with him was his ball handling. Looks much improved

Ancient Moabite and bmelo like this.
  3. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

It’s a shame Jalen won’t be an above average starter this year. :rolleyes:

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  4. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

If the definition of above average starter is for Jalen Green to be considered one of the 15 best SGs or one of the 30 best among all guards I would say it’s unlikely he makes that cut next year. Possible, but unlikely.

I think this season he has a good chance to crack the list of top 30 best pure scorers at either guard position, but I think his playmaking and defense won’t likely have advanced enough to consider his all around game as an above average starter. Still only 20 years old.

Year 3 would be where I put my money on him breaking through that barrier.

5. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

His jump shot looks really good. Very quick now.

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  6. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Enjoy the show and don’t forget to clap.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://theathletic.com/3697751/2022/10/17/nba-season-predictions-2022-23/

Most Improved Player
    Anthony Edwards, Timberwolves — 6
    Tyrese Maxey, 76ers — 5
    Zion Williamson, Pelicans — 4
    Tyrese Haliburton, Pacers — 4
    Jalen Green, Rockets — 3
    Cade Cunningham, Pistons — 3
    Cameron Johnson, Suns — 2
    Others receiving votes: Precious Achiuwa, Raptors; RJ Barrett, Knicks; Jalen Brunson, Knicks; Wendell Carter Jr., Magic; Josh Giddey, Thunder; Bones Hyland, Nuggets; Jaren Jackson Jr., Grizzlies; Michael Porter Jr., Nuggets; Alperen Şengün, Rockets; Ben Simmons, Nets; Anfernee Simons, Trail Blazers; Patrick Williams, Bulls

Anthony Edwards, Timberwolves: A scout told me early last season that Edwards was one of the best scorers he’s ever evaluated and thought he was only scratching the surface of what he could be. He remained healthy for the first two seasons of his career, but his numbers only jumped marginally between his freshman and sophomore seasons. Now, he gets more help with Rudy Gobert and Kyle Anderson among other new additions plus another year under Chris Finch. I expect Edwards to crack the 25-points-per-game plateau on even better percentages. — Alex Schiffer

Tyrese Maxey, 76ers: In the modern NBA, two things kill: speed and shiftiness, Maxey is a top one-percenter in both categories. He surges downhill with such ferocity even with just a sliver of daylight, yet he’s also creative enough with his footwork and off-balanced finishes to elude any obstacles that dare get in his way. Yes, he made a big jump already last season in emerging as a budding perimeter scorer alongside Joel Embiid amid the odd Ben Simmons situation, but I expect another quantum leap this year. With James Harden around all season to handle the playmaking, a renewed teamwide emphasis on pushing the pace and a new set of tough-minded defensive teammates to hide his deficiencies, Maxey will be free to do what he does best: score often and quickly. With defenses already paying so much attention to Harden and Embiid, Maxey’s ability to turbocharge through the gaps in the defense will be too much to overcome. — Mike Prada

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  8. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

If the most improved player award keeps going to young superstars following their natural career trajectory they might as well start calling it the under 24 MVP. No reason Green,Zion,Ant or Cunningham should even be in consideration.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  9. MystikArkitect

All of these awards are ridiculous anyway. Russ' MVP season proved that. The reality is that before Jokic' MVPs, there were two guys that shouldve been MVP every year. Harden and Lebron. That's it. But it's just an award they keep on moving around to the "next guy" instead of giving it to the actual most valuable player. MIP player should be for a player who's gone from relatively unknown to borderline star. Jalen and Cade? The #1 and #2 overall picks are improved? Shocking.

Magicsaint and Ancient Moabite like this.
  10. a time to chill

Gamblers are turning on Green

[​IMG]

11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

12. apollo33

apollo33 Member

While Green has some pretty bad shooting slumps this season, I feel like every other sophomore has had their struggles.

Raptor fans are calling into question of Barnes overall attitude and effort on defense. Giddey still has zero scoring abilities. Mobley is very consistently good, but basically the same player last year and made no clear strides in his jump shots. Cade is still inefficient and now injured.

I think I can say now with confidence we made the right pick. Green has shown he can straight up take over the offense and win us games against contenders like the suns and bucks. His improvement in passing is also a pleasant surprise.

13. xaos

xaos Member

Yup Green has superstar potential and has shown enough flashes to believe it

14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Look at Green's home and road splits and then know we have played the most road games in league history in the first 25 games of the season.

Green's scoring efficiency will normalize by the end of the season.

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Seeing him be timid and scared of Jevon Carter the first game against the Bucks from his pressing defense and talking ****. And then this game he made Carter spin around in circles when getting pressed by him at the end of the game and blew by him to finish on Lopez.

16. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

He’s black and Moro?

Didn’t know Jalen was Muslim.

17. xaos

xaos Member

18. Ancient Moabite

No he is not pale(black), he is Moro who is copper colored

Where did you get from my post that he was pale(black) and Moro

Black and White are legal status ranks in society and has nothing to do with complexion as advertised to the sleepy headed masses in the USA

Look up Free White Persons in law dictionary
    And also Black in the etymology dictionary for further clarity

19. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I can't wait for the experience to stop.