1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 12/3/2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 2, 2022.

1. WestendMassive

[​IMG]

2. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

A Chinese story to Silas:
    ————————————
    One day, Ji Liang went to see the King of Wei and reported:

"When I was coming here, I saw a man on the road driving a horse carage north in great haste."

"I asked him: ‘Where are you going in such haste?’"

"He replied: ‘I am going to the State of Chu.'

"I said: ‘If you want to go to the State of Chu, you should go south. Why are you going north? You are going the wrong way!’

"He said: ‘My horse is big and strong. It can run as fast as flying. It doesn't matter to run a little more.'

"I told him: ‘Though your horse is good, you are going in the wrong direction.'

"He said: ‘It doesn't matter. I have lots of money.'

"I told him again: ‘Though you have lots of money, this is not the road to the State of Chu.'

"He said: ‘It doesn't matter. My driver is good and strong.'

"Finally I told him: ‘Though your driver is good and strong, this is not the road to the State of Chu."

The King of Wei blurted out: "Alas, this man is too obstinate. He doesn't realize that if his direction is wrong, the better he is equipped, the farther he would be away from his destination."

aaquaa, hakeem94 and Ankara1923 like this.
  3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

BEAUTIFUL
    but what if the earth is a globe? then hell get there anyway!

PeterKingX likes this.
  4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

6. PeppermintCandy

Sengun played most of his minutes in the first half, when the entire team dug themselves in a hole.
    The other players' +/- stats were a** too, but I believe they brought it back up in the second half, while Sengun sat out for most of that time.

Anyway, I thought Sengun played a pretty solid and gritty game. He and the entire team battled and hustled and got their best win of the season.

Below are Sengun's highlights from the game. The big guy put in some work, and he even made some great defensive plays.
    He may not have played a lot of minutes in the second half, but his contributions down the stretch was pivotal. For example, he stopped and blocked a crucial drive by Booker.

Hippieloser, aaquaa and cmoak1982 like this.
  7. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

If we are tanking every season until we draft another Lebron James who doesn’t need any coaching or development , Silas will make success.

aaquaa and hakeem94 like this.
  8. DominantBig

DominantBig Member

Rewatching this game, score is 17-4. Sengun has both scores from the low block. On defense, he's responsible for 5 of the 17. It's not the player or the players in general, this team lacks a system. Plays that work our coaches stop calling. Off ball movement? Severely lacking. Defensive accountability? inconsistent. Defensive. adjustments? zero.

aaquaa, Ankara1923 and cmoak1982 like this.
  9. Ancient Moabite

stop using euro stage show character pics/quotes, it won't make Sengun minutes per game increase

Hakeem(not-the)Dream94 Petition for Sengun to get more minutes:

Tilman/Stone and Silas miss the event due to personal reasons

President of Sengun fan club sues for 'defamation and minutes restriction'

case dismissed due to the President of the fan club being incompetent ie. contempt of court

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

LOL and this is what pro tank people like @HP3 and entire rockets twitter hope
    btw i dont think even lebron james or any other goat tier player can win without a very good coach

PeterKingX and aaquaa like this.
  12. aaquaa

aaquaa Member

My post wasn't directed to you.
    I was making a joke.
    A SOF is a specific player-only fan, a person who only cares for the good and success of his favorite player, i.e. Alperen Sengun.
    Those who claim not to be a player-only fan, Sengun in this case, naturally say they root for the team; Rockets fans.
    (To be a S,L&TBOF e.g. (Sengun, Lucas and the Towel Boy Only Fan) would be extreme discrimination, even an abomination, so we accept their claim.)
    I tried to put a little twist on the Sengun-Only Fan thing by playing on various people, subjects, phenomena etc of which one can be a fan.
    As I said, it was a joke.

13. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

14. Ancient Moabite

Not at all, you took my reply out of context

There isn't nothing on these stage shows of entertainment that bother me, just the troll farm agents and presidents of their fan clubs seem to be the only ones bugged out, but if the shoe fits you know how to wear it quite well

And this latest reply still won't get Sengun the Wilt / Oscar / AI minutes that you are so hard picketing for, but hopefully it pays off because I mentioned that Sengun is part of the core going forward rather they play him 17 minutes or 47, which the former seems to have you super bugged out for some very odd reason, sincerely

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  16. Ancient Moabite

Sengun is feeling the same way about you taking the air out of his possible 40 mpg plan

He is planning to hold a board meeting and removing you from your over fanatical position as president, sincerely

17. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member