1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 12/3/2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 2, 2022.

1. Killatron 2000

Killatron 2000 Punk Rocket

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's all good man, I get how that could have looked from your perspective. You'll find that most of the time I'm just joking around even when I disagree with people.

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I think it is a combo of us still sucking and being young and Silas being incompetent. On top of that, we do seem to be intentional in our tanking.

For 2023-2024, we will have to decide about how we want to construct our lineup when trying to win. A serious coach is needed. Then we have to decide if we want to build around Sengun or not. I view Green and Sengun as compatible but not with KPJ.

cryout75 likes this.
  4. JW86

JW86 Member

At some point we also have to talk about our wing defense, all these guys getting career highs against us…

Ankara1923 and hakeem94 like this.
  5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

this is why tanking never works
    tanking folks think the time stops and they just continue from the point of 5 years ago where they started tanking..while in the meantime the entire world has moved on....

they assume other teams wont tank and or develop talents....injuries happen, disagreements and chemistry problems happen, new nba laws/rules happen...what you planned for 5 years ago doesnt even exist and the new seemingly surmountable problems arise....
    PANDEMICS AND WARS HAPPEN... for all we know NBA may not even exist 5 years from now and the best time to go all in and win it all IS NOW...

Ankara1923 likes this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That went as far back as to the Francis, Yao, Mac era but to a lesser degree.

7. Ancient Moabite

The team mascot, the Texans cheerleaders and the entire staff of Landrys

rocketchamp likes this.
  8. Ancient Moabite

Troglodyte on Troglodyte crime

9. bmelo

bmelo Member

Suns literally scored 120 points, same as GSW. Why didnt Sengun play? Defense? Haha

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

-Istanbul was named "New Rome" before Constantinopolis,
    -Ottomans are the third Rome,
    - Latin structurally similar to Turkish, example :
    Mulus silva spektat
    Katir/at ormani gozluyor.
    Exact same word order
    Thus, I guess average Turks' Latin understanding much way ahead of average Joe.

Please don't comment on subjects you have no clue. Please.

#1290 Ankara1923, Dec 4, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2022
    JW86 and hakeem94 like this.
  11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

Ankara1923 likes this.
  12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

so if steve kerr goes mad and plays steph curry only 17 minutes, its the mascot to blame and not the coach?
    sengun haters, defenders of the worst coach, back to your mouseholes!

#1292 hakeem94, Dec 4, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2022
    aaquaa likes this.
  13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Why would you assume that I didn't know any of that?

Also, you fail to realize the whole thing was a joke based upon the fact he incorrectly labeled something ad hominem.... so that makes this more odd

hakeem94 and aaquaa like this.
  14. aaquaa

aaquaa Member

Nah. Straight up observation.

15. aaquaa

aaquaa Member

@Ankara1923 Bobbooo's right. I wrote "ad hominem" instead of "straw man" and these bozos have been breaking my balls ever since. I know I won't hear the end of it soon. :) (In my defense, I still haven't slept. Being a freelancer has its ups and downs.)
    I overreacted to Bobbooo's joke and apologized. It seems the dust's settled and all's good now.
    Still, I didn't like what I wrote and have decided to watch my language till New Year's Day when addressing Bobbooo.
    (Maybe I'll throw him some meaningful stares from time to time, of which he doubtlessly and naturally will not be aware.)
    The coast is clear.
    Peace & love.

[​IMG]

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  16. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

Can be individual mistake but as a guy worked in Italy and attended both Italian and Latin courses I know the similarities between Turkish and Latin, it is more easy for a Turk to learn Latin than Germanic languages speaking (including English) folks.

You make mistake, settle with a certain individual. The other guy make an assumption in a topic where he is poorly equipped. I didn't defend you, I defended so-called SOFs.

17. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Forgot the staff at Laundrys, appreciate that bro!!

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  18. WestendMassive

Silas' decision to run with Bruno to close the game is still baffling to me.

Bruno checked back in with 8:22 remaining with the score 91-100.

The Rockets already had the momentum at that point, having cut the Warriors' lead in half, so to say that Bruno was integral to the comeback and deserved the time isn't accurate at all.

In the time from 8:22 left to 2:07, Bruno's only stats were a turnover and a foul. The Rockets got within 4 with 6:59 left, so Bruno was on the floor for only 1:22 of the comeback.

You could claim he was out there because he runs the PnR better with Kevin, but Kevin went hero ball and wasn't throwing a pass to any big, let alone a lob to Fernando.

I don't understand why Silas rewarded Bruno and Bruno only with more minutes than his usual allocation down the stretch. If anyone deserved burn with the starters to close the game it was Josh, he was electrifying in the Rockets' run.

Fernando did **** all with his time and had **** all to do with the comeback. Sengun shouldn't have been left on the pine.

Thanks for coming to my TED Talk.

aaquaa likes this.
  19. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Equating Curry to Sengun? Sengun a first ballot HOF now. Learn something new every day!!!

20. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

I didn't post because of odd correspondence between you and a "SOF". I posted because of your arrogance. Try to learn something first, comment later on. Latin, Japanese, Korean, Hungarian, Finnish are easy languages for Turks to learn due to same roots/structure. When learning a language the easiest thing is to learn new words, the most difficult parts are different alphabets and different structure. I try to improve my Chinese nowadays, grammar very easy, to learn words not difficult, sounds are Asian, easy for Turkic people than Indo-Europeans, alphabet difficult.

A Turk can learn Latin much quicker than Germanic language talking person.