1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros Off Season

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Nov 7, 2022.

1. Yordan The Great

They will.

2. Yordan The Great

Miguel Tejada, ROFL.

If I had a nickel for every time I heard "Tejada couldn't quite get to the ball....".

Oh man, good times, good times.

3. Yordan The Great

They won 101 games.

No Worries, panamamyers and Elienator like this.
  4. Landry's Tooth

I think Verlander is slow walking the process to get the biggest number possible to take back to Crane to get him to match.

I also wonder how much patience teams will have as other guys are coming off the board.

I think Crane sucking it up for 2 years to keep JV and pay tax buys him 10+ more years of trust by the fans.

He's been frugal in the past and said he would save that money for later when it's needed.

His spending this offseason may yet be more frugality if he's just shifting the JV money elsewhere.

It's baseball, but I would put a 3peat at better than 50-50 if they add JV, Nimmo, Yuli, and Brantley. To me, 2 years of tax is worth it... perpetually in the tax like the Mets, Dodgers, and Yankees would not be to me...

J_Hunter_1977 and Madmanmetz like this.
  5. Landry's Tooth

F Tejada... he cost us Luke Scott and Troy Patton who went on to be ruined by Baltimore.

6. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

Can HEB help cover the remainder of JV's Salary with a commercial deal?

7. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

I want him back as our GM so bad.

8. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

It’s just really hard to see enough playing time for Yuli if they add both a catcher and a left handed outfielder, especially if they add Contreras who would eat up the backup time at 1B and DH (and LF). That would only leave ~40 games for Yuli at 2B and 3B where he would likely be a below average defender. Hard to see Yuli signing up for that unless the only other offers he’s getting are minor league deals.

9. Jeremy Williams

Daniels was just fired in August. Too soon to tell.

10. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I wonder if the Astros have ever considered trying Yordan in right field when we play in parks with a short porch over there, he has the requisite arm strength. I know Tucker is entrenched, but if he misses time for any reason it would be nice to have the option of putting the faster outfielder in the corner with more ground to cover instead of always being in the MMP alignment regardless of park.

Jeremy Williams likes this.
  11. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

Patton is a great guy. My son was working with him at a Woodland's restaurant. He has some good life advice for my son (that didn't need it). But it's always good to hear from another source.

12. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

FWIW, Tejada was a fine defensive shortstop, just not by the time he got to Houston.

13. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He was such a bundle of (nervous) energy!

raining threes likes this.
  14. Buck Turgidson

Bregman's from New Mexico and has his salsa...maybe HEB can hook up Verlander Brand Belgian fries and mayo

whiskeyred likes this.
  15. raining threes

Didn't now this,

Who's the Rangers new GM?

16. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Former pitcher… tall dude.

raining threes likes this.
  17. raining threes

Chris Young?

The pitcher, not the OF.

18. texans1095

texans1095 Member

I’ll give you Nate Lowe, but Jung has not done a single thing yet to prove he’s a good major leaguer. If anything his major league debut was a bit of a disappointment. That’s not to say his major league career is already determined, but it’s way too early to say that he’s a good major leaguer. Their starters are just so weak outside of deGrom and Perez. And even Perez likely won’t be nearly as good as he was last year. It’s certainly not impossible for them to be WC contenders, but I would be very very surprised if they were playing meaningful baseball games come September and especially October.

19. Buck Turgidson

Chris Young

Jeremy Williams likes this.
  20. Jeremy Williams

They arent done yet.

texans1095 likes this.