1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Athletic: Bruno Fernando Will Start Over Sengun When He Returns

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sengun, Nov 11, 2022.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bruno played fantastic. KPJ is improving.

But a system built around a KPJ & Kelvin Cato pick and roll is about the most idiotic system one could build on a team with JG/Jabari/Sengun.

KPJ is limited as a creator, so he looks way better when he can go to the one play he knows. Those occasional lobs are fool’s gold.

All of that said, Bruno has the potential to be a fantastic backup C. I’d like to see some more stagger between the backcourt so we can mix in his hard rolls.

2. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

+/- does not tell any story for a player, other than 'the 5s the player was in won/lost by that much.' Who knows what the reason was. The fact that this is included along with the raw individual stats is a disaster.

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. maypk

maypk Member

Well, i guess if you'd have any idea about basketball you could tell that KJ and Tari's defensive efforts and Jalen's aggression on offensive end changed the game. But of course you're entitled to your dumb opinion.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  4. maypk

maypk Member

Are you ****ing for real? LMFAO

cmoak1982 likes this.
  5. maypk

maypk Member

Great point but i don't think it's peculiar at this point. The Rockets need a point guard.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  6. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Bruno had the highest +/-. Even with Jalen he had a few buckets. Dude you're so far up Sengun's crotch you can't give another big man props lol. Bruno opens up the floor for everyone out there

maj21 likes this.
  7. Alpifan

Alpifan Member

I have been noticing this in all games KPJ, Bruno and Sengun played. Except one super high lob pass today, I think Sengun could catch all of KPJ's passes as well. Don't understand why KPJ doesn't pass the ball to Sengun the same way. KPJ's passes to Sengun seem clunky.
    Also, I think KPJ tends to take more isolated shots when playing with Sengun vs playing with Bruno.

8. maypk

maypk Member

You seriously need to stop talking about basketball. "Bruno opens up the floor for everyone" might be the dumbest basketball related take i've ever heard in my entire life.

9. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

It's a really interesting take. A wrong one, of course. But an interesting one regardless.

Can you please explain to us how a guy who's offense is catching lobs, opens up the floor for everyone more than a guy who can work his man in the post, work his man from the perimeter, and find the open man out of the double team. (and just for fun might I add, run a fast break better than the team's 'PG')

Really interesting to hear the reasoning behind it.

maypk likes this.
  10. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Silas's offense is built for a lob threat. Once Bruno got his feet under him I knew we'd look different. If anything Sengun should be coming off the bench as the backup, the guys like Tari can compensate for his lack of defense

11. Downtown Sniper

You're on fire today.

Now you're claiming that Silas has an offense!!!!

It's time to shut down Clutchfans for the day my guy.

cmoak1982, AroundTheWorld and maypk like this.
  12. maypk

maypk Member

Jalen Green, Jabari Smith Jr. and Alperen Sengun trio are 400x more valuable to this franchise than Silas, KPJ and Bruno Fernando. If anyone's going to the bench, that's KPJ.

clutchdabear and AroundTheWorld like this.
  13. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

See Clint Capela

I know some of you don't really follow games closely, but the same issue happened years back when we traded Dwight because his post ups slowed the game down. Capela became thr starter and ended up having the best offense in nba history. Lob threats speed the game up. You're welcome

14. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Yes he does. The same offense that beat a team on a 6 game win streak & almost undefeated at home

15. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Lump in Sengun with Jabari & Jalen? That's like lumping Scola with Tmac lol

cmlmel77 likes this.
  16. maypk

maypk Member

I'm sure it has nothing to do with having the best offensive basketball player on earth with CP3 next to him. Honestly just stop embarrasing yourself. LMFAO.

Downtown Sniper likes this.
  17. maypk

maypk Member

He's the best player of the Rockets this season so?

18. Downtown Sniper

Wow. You're a whole new world of stupid.

How have you taken three posts, and made each more moronic than the last!?!

I generally block idiots, but you're good quality because you seem to actually believe what you're saying (unlike DD, who I'm sure is a schtick at this point doubling down on his stupid just to not admit he's wrong)

Please, carry on. This is great enjoyment.

+ I won't respond to your claim that the Rockets have an offense, because your evidence of that was just.. so bad if we're being honest. It's the NBA. Anyone can beat anyone on a given night. It's a damn shame this 'offense' doesn't show up 9 games out of 10 hey. I wonder why that is.

cmoak1982, clutchdabear and maypk like this.
  19. Downtown Sniper

I legit had to compose myself before typing a response.

Imagine using that as point to back up an asinine claim... on a Rockets forum... as if we're not all aware who the hell was on that team and the actual reason for it's greatness.

maypk likes this.
  20. maypk

maypk Member

I guess in his imaginary world all rim protector & lob catcher bigs are prime Hakeems, lol.

cmoak1982 likes this.