1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros Off Season

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Nov 7, 2022.

1. Buck Turgidson

Who?

cmoak1982 likes this.
  2. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

Didn't he date Joyce Meyers a while back? Teamed up as Bristol-Meyers?

Buck Turgidson and Nook like this.
  3. J_Hunter_1977

J_Hunter_1977 Member

I don't get the obsession with Click. He is a solid Gm, but he is as important as Fredo was in the Godfather universe.

HTown2017Champs likes this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

It isn’t about Click, it’s about anything to tweak Jim Crane and the Astros… they were doing it before he ever bought the team. There were articles about him being sued for racial discrimination years ago…. What they didn’t tell you is he was in charge of a major company and companies that size are routinely sued for discrimination and it doesn’t mean if the allegations are true or not true. They claimed Crane didn’t have the financing… then the major media blamed him for the move to the AL… then they laughed at him for hiring someone with no traditional baseball background to run his team.

It’s always something.

5. SKYGODZ187

SKYGODZ187 Member

@Nook I just heard we could be on the verge of signing Contreras.

Salvy likes this.
  6. Jeremy Williams

Heyman:

Word is, the Astros and Justin Verlander are “far apart” in talks. Verlander seeks $130 million for three years (the Max Scherzer deal), and the Astros, with their deep rotation, seem pessimistic on Verlander, which may open things up for the Dodgers, Mets and Yankees.

“Quietly, they prefer not to sign him for three years. Verlander was great in-season but they carried him in the postseason,” one person familiar with the Astros’ thinking said. “No one [in Houston] wants to go three [years],” another source adds.

7. Jeremy Williams

Heyman predicting Astros sign Contreras and Brantley.

8. J_Hunter_1977

J_Hunter_1977 Member

If we do sign Contreras and bring back Brantley, on the days Contreras does catch the lineup would be balls to the wall thermonuclear.

2b Altuve
    Ss Pena
    Lf Alvarez
    3b Bregman
    Rf Tucker
    1b Abreu
    C Contreras
    Dh Brantley
    Cf Mccormick

9. Screaming Fist

No problem at all passing on that deal.

10. J_Hunter_1977

J_Hunter_1977 Member

Not sure about his sources, but anyway.

Jose Cuervo and Snake Diggit like this.
  11. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Seriously

I want Verlander back, really I do. But paying any pitcher 40 million per year would concern me. Paying one that much at age 40...no thanks. Too much else to improve the team can be done with less risk.

12. SKYGODZ187

SKYGODZ187 Member

Like I said JV will JV. Does he really wanna be in Houston? Or are they going to Cali? Or NY? I think Judge goes to the Giants. CORREA follows. And maybe two SPs aswell.
    Thought Taillion wouldn't be a bad add to the Astros. Maybe he would like to come home and pitch? I think the word on Brantley is when he is healthy and can show he is healthy that's when a decision can be made. Bit not until late Feb or early March. He has a road and a half to cross yet. And I don't think the Astros wanna miss out on a LH OF. Benintendi would be the add. And then wait till March and see what Brantley does. If he is good another year and another title chase. If kot we are covered.
    Meyers should be trade bait it they love McCormick so much. And Leon should be ready to pounce at the first opertunity to the Bigs. Along with Diaz and Whitley if we don't trade him.
    Maybe there is a deal out there that we can package Maton and Meyers for a Pitching prospect?

13. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

My wife often times prefers quickies. When she’s ready for me to wrap it up this is the lineup I envision in my mind. Whoever said think of baseball to prolong the act must not have rooted for this baseball team.
    In my fantasy though Alvarez hits 2nd and Peña hits 8th. When my imagination runs wild it does so in a sabermetrically correct way.

14. SKYGODZ187

SKYGODZ187 Member

Someone else on Twitter was saying the same as Bonda

J_Hunter_1977 likes this.
  15. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Pass. Bye JV

Salvy likes this.
  16. Jeremy Williams

17. J_Hunter_1977

J_Hunter_1977 Member

A visual may help you peak. Lol

BHannes2BHonest, Kim, Salvy and 3 others like this.
  18. solid

solid Contributing Member

Too much information.

astros123, King1, robbie380 and 3 others like this.
  19. SKYGODZ187

SKYGODZ187 Member

I seen that they want Contreras so bad they might over pay alittle and if they do Verlander is for sure gone. And they still want a OFer no matter what.

20. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

Did I miss the part where they asked best lineup in baseball history?