1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Nuggets 11/30/2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 30, 2022.

1. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

starters should've been playing in the 3rd/4th last game when it wasn't a blowout. ****ing big brain silas thought he was so clever sitting them in a close game.

PeterKingX likes this.
  2. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Fixed it for you.

3. Salvy

Salvy Member

How can Silas be so happy? Bruh, leave him in Denver...

4. Rockets34Legend

He doesn't give a ****. He's been given a free pass by Stone and FernTits. He is the Tank Commander.

5. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

At least the starters and bench played with some energy in the second half. Better than losing by 40, I guess.

And Jabari had a beautiful block. Glad to see him shooting and playing with confidence now. It’s night and day from earlier in the season.

Now, we get a nice easy game against the *checks schedule* …Suns

It’s gonna be a loooong road trip

conquistador#11 and clutchdabear like this.
  6. Dopamine

Dopamine Member

That 2 game winning streak had me thinking this team might have turned the corner... BOY was I wrong. I need Jaygup to get NIx/Mathews mins ASAP but knowing Silas, he's gonna keep riding the bench unfortunately

7. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't know if you're misrepresenting my point on purpose just to be shitty or if I'm actually not being clear so I'll try to write out what I'm trying to say again. I think all minutes are valuable, I think playing time is valuable. More minutes is more practice, more in game experience, more opportunities to learn, etc etc.

If I'm wrong calling it garbage time, we can call it something else, but I don't like how early Silas gives up and stops playing the starters. It's not about when the game fits the standard definition, it's about the total sum of minutes that the players miss out on because Silas has decided the game is out of reach.

The rockets are probably going to lose like 60 games this year, and that's going to end up being a lot of missed minutes. I don't like that. I'm not saying it's a really big deal, and it's obviously not the inflection point to catapult us towards a championship. It is a relatively minor thing, all things considered. But if we accept that playing time is valuable, more minutes is good, and less minutes is bad, then playing our players for less minutes is a bad thing. And it bugs me.

Ancient Moabite, Boii and FarmerFish like this.
  8. Rockets34Legend

**** the winning streak. The tank rolls on.

9. Salvy

Salvy Member

Must be nice getting paid to be absolute $hit at your job...

Ankara1923 likes this.
  10. ExTxGS

ExTxGS Member

I really hate him. If u smile after losing everytime, how u can teach young guys to importance of winning?

Salvy, Joe Rocket, PeterKingX and 2 others like this.
  11. Rockets34Legend

That's that Texans hope at the beginning of every season. Just like watching that hot mess at NRG, you get numb as the Rockets season goes on.

Dopamine likes this.
  12. Rockets34Legend

Yep, where can I apply to do a shitty job every season and show off my pearly whites grinning like an idiot from ear to ear?

Salvy and Joe Rocket like this.
  13. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

lol, we got wrecked

14. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Great comeback... we just ran out of time is all... great game... more plz.

[​IMG]

Os Trigonum and RocketWalta like this.
  15. ExTxGS

ExTxGS Member

Silas has the best job in the world. He has a front seat in Rockets games. Watch the games, travel with team, and get paid for this. (Millions of dollars) Rockets lose everytime but he keeps his job. What a beautiful job.

PeterKingX and WestendMassive like this.
  16. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

Bad loss, want to vomit.

LeDakota and PeterKingX like this.
  17. Risingred

Risingred Member

Actually I should thank Stephen Silas. Originally I was thinking to place $100 bet for the Rockets to win over 24.5 games because we shouldn't be that bad this year at the beginning of the season. Then I saw Silas still our coach. I was like no thanks. Save $100. Actually, afterthought I should have placed in under.

Ankara1923 likes this.
  18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

[
    This has literally happened 2 or 3 times this year, at most. Tonight it didn't. The season is 1/4 over.

Your math just doesn't add up, the Rockets starters and top rotation players are all averaging career highs in minutes per game (save Gordon). The 2 rookies are playing a ton; Smith is 3d among all rookies at 30+ last time i looked

I mean, i don't think it moves the needle to move their MPG goes up a few .1s, which is what it would work out to - plus you're complaining about something happening tonight that ... did not happen so just take your W.

gfab-babyboi and harold bingo like this.
  19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Ironically, the players have those benefits, too. And more ... hmmm ...

Ankara1923 likes this.
  20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

WTF was that?

DD

conquistador#11 likes this.