1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

To extend KPJ or not?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lachard Binkley, Jul 29, 2022.

1. Rolliepollie

Rolliepollie Member

Kp is just a bad all around player and I want him traded. Not small forward not 6th man and not sg. In the past week I've changed my tune. He is garbage. Terrible iq ,terrible defense and just plays with no idea of what he's doing. Francis part two. I blame silas also but I feel sorry for the next coach here because he won't win either with kp on this team. He's that bad. He is this years Christian wood. I had faith in stone because he drafts very very well but I lost almost all faith when he extended kp. Dumb organization from top to bottom, I'm still a fan but I know in reality I won't be proud of this team until stone and silas and kp are all gone. Might take yrs. Sheesh.

Carpe82 likes this.
  2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

That is called a hater.

:)

DD

3. DaDakota

They are both combo guards, and are both developing at different speeds.....sorry you can't handle truth.

Last 10 games Green 5.8 assists per 4.0 turnovers
    Last 10 games KPJ 7.1 assists per 4.1 turnovers

While they aren't equal they are comparable in their development. Both super young.....and super exciting for the org.

DD

Dobbizzle and Plowman like this.
  4. maj21

maj21 Member

Peace out then! We won’t miss ya :)

Plowman likes this.
  5. DaDakota

Just joined probably a banned person coming back.....lol.

DD

6. maj21

maj21 Member

Figured.. he was just talking crazy there lol

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I thought he was fine vs. Denver and didn't do a lot of dribbling into cul-de-sacs/let the clock run down - and did a good job deferring.

8. DaDakota

I think that is what Sengun does, makes it easier as we don't try to ISO as much....which leads to turnovers at times.

DD

conquistador#11 likes this.
  9. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Lol at 'we". Just like your fake vertical you have a new account

clutchdabear likes this.
  10. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

man, you REALLY need to start using rate stats (tunover %, TS%, etc.) and not these totals

Corrosion and clutchdabear like this.
  11. DaDakota

Why? Are you saying Green's turnovers are worse because he has a lower usage rate? I don't care.....

This is about seeing young guys develop - and not overeacting to stupid **** like usage rates on 20 and 22 year olds when we are letting them play through their mistakes.

DD

12. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

just in general, so you're more informed and your numbers actually mean something. For example this season KPJ turns it over on 17.5% of his possessions, and Green on 14.1%. This way it doesn't matter how many minutes they play or their usage rates or anything, it just gives you the pure unbiased number.

Mathloom, RudyTBag, Corrosion and 5 others like this.
  13. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Wrong. One is developing as a playmaker while the other has not.

14. DaDakota

WRONG - they are both COMBO scoring guards....get with the program.

We won't be playing a 1990s PG system, sorry Charlie!

DD

15. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

You are confusing what you and Silas want as factual. KPJ is not a combo guard no matter how much either of you wish for it.

16. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I really hope KPJ the combo guard starts scoring efficiently or at least starts exhibiting improvement in that specific extremely important area over a large sample. It really doesn’t matter what we title his role/position if that part of his game doesn’t come around.

Corrosion likes this.
  17. DaDakota

Yes he is, he is a scoring guard who also initiates offense, same as Green, and they are sharing bringing the ball up....

I agree, he needs to get more efficient at scoring the ball - and turning it over less - and playing D.

DD

18. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

For your sake DD, let's hope people don't dig up your posts about Jalen Green during his rookie season.

clutchdabear and RudyTBag like this.
  19. DaDakota

He sucked at the beginning of the year, but I didn't pound on him as bad as folks pounded on KPJ - It is fine to criticize, if you are fair to everyone and give the same criticism, but if you bully, it is not fine....and I feel many here are simply bullying because they don't like his history.

Not sure what they are going to do as he will be here probably 3-4 more years....hopefully they will come around at least as fast as I did on Green.

There is ZERO wrong with changing your mind as players grow......that is a growth mindset.....can't get stuck in when evidence is contrary......

DD

20. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

The mistake you are making is you are dogmatically implying that both Green and KPJ are of the same age, experience and situation. No matter how many mental hoops you want to jump over, they are not in remotely comparable situations. Green has barely any NBA experience, KPJ has 2 whole seasons over him. 2 seasons is the difference between Harden averaging 10 points on TS 55% and looking like a bust in the draft, to 6th man of the year averaging 17 points on an insane TS 66%.

And stop with the holier than thou attitude. This is a sample of a post you made of him last season of the 19 year old rookie, frankly speaking if you look up any old Jalen Green threads, you are practically everywhere making similar posts.

If we are being objective, if there's one player on this roster that deserved more patience last season, it would have been Jalen Green. Anyone looking at the roster construction and the coaching situation can see that. Of course, you certainly didn't afford any of that same patience for him then, as you did with KPJ now. Which would have been fine, if you weren't so religious on this forum defending KPJ now. It just looks comically hypocritical.

As a side now, KPJ played a good game against Denver.