1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Fire Silas 2.0

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatboyPhuong, Oct 21, 2022.

1. DominantBig

DominantBig Member

Wow. What a compliment for Sengun.

Ankara1923 and Richie_Rich like this.
  2. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

If we fire Silas and fortunately we will never do so since Fertitta loves the guy, but if we EVER fire Silas it will be the LAST time I ever watch a game from this heartless organization. It would show that we are ugly Americans who put winning ahead of common decency.

PeterKingX and hakeem94 like this.
  3. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Hearing serious rumors that Jokic is going to be our next head coach in 2032 when they finally get rid of Silas……

PeterKingX, glimmertwins and hakeem94 like this.
  4. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

Wish we had a coach that was passionate

5. Bo6

Bo6 Member

everyone focuses on the offensive side of the ball but his defensive schemes are equally as bad

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

“Who should start at center?”
    “Is KPJ better off the ball/bench?”
    “Why is Eric Gordon still starting?”

The State of Silas’ Houston Rockets ↑

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Hell, I wish our coach was that involved coaching during games. Excellent post.

8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

bet you any money dumbalytics has some spreadsheets explaning why this isnt necessary

Ankara1923 likes this.
  9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lololololol!
    youre comedic genius sir i am a huge fan!

Ankara1923, Joe Rocket and PeterKingX like this.
  10. dmoneybangbang

Why?

So then we get a bunch of threads about the Rockets blowing the rebuild by being mediocre instead of terrible?

jiggyfly likes this.
  11. Rolliepollie

Rolliepollie Member

OK I had an epiphany this morning. I have figured out when exactly the rockets will fire silas. It won't happen from losses. It will only happen if MULTIPLE players demand trades to play more or play using their skills because silas is to vanilla to know how to incorporate them. And my eyes are on sengun,tari,Martin I feel these are the top choice candidates to ask for a trade because of silas. At that point stone will finally wake up and have a choice. Does he keep his friend silas or does he trade half the team? That is the only way I can see stone waking up. May take two more years. I see silas coming back next yr no matter how bad we are this year. Feels depressing and like a waste of a year of green and my life watching. But, I know how this will end which is firing silas after many players start tuning him out and I want to see it unfold because I hate silas and I will find it very very funny .

Ankara1923, Carpe82 and hakeem94 like this.
  12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ankara1923 likes this.
  13. Newlin

Newlin Member

Silas may not be any good. But, right now Tilman and Stone don’t want wins. Have they made any trades to produce more wins? Have we even heard a word come out of the mouths of Tilman or Stone? Those guys want to lose. Silas was probably on thin ice after winning two in a row. Do you think Tilman or Stone have told Silas they really want to see some wins? It kind of puts Silas in a weird position. Silas may suck as a coach, but he’s giving Tilman and Stone exactly what they want.

If you are a Rockets fan and want wins, maybe it’s time to turn your attention away from Silas and focus on Tilman.

Imanimal, AroundTheWorld and hakeem94 like this.
  14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

Ankara1923 likes this.
  15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

Ankara1923 likes this.
  16. DominantBig

DominantBig Member

This is a bad take. It's not about wins, it's about progress and seeing a future. That's on Silas. Unless you believe Stone and Tilman are telling Silas to specifically play certain rotations and to specifically make the team look as bad as possible. If that were true, then they should remove the entire staff and force Tilman to sell the team. Otherwise, Stone is just a terrible coach when he doesn't have the exact right fit of players he needs, and how minimal ability to adapt playstyle. Or at least, it takes him a long time to begin adapting. The losses aren't the issue, its the culture of losing and the horrid rotations that are the problem. Fans just want to see progress and see the young guys make improvements.

Ankara1923, harold bingo and hakeem94 like this.
  17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]
    do it stone, pull the damn trigger!
    and stop the suffering...
    [​IMG]

Ankara1923 likes this.
  18. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Wish we had a coach that won games…..

Ankara1923 likes this.
  19. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Question should be “Why is Eric Gordon still starting over KMJ???”

Ankara1923 likes this.
  20. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

What about Jokic and Tari Eason’s mom calling him out for bad coaching? I think you’re right that he’s here at least two more years. At this point he can’t do any worse and supposedly is best friends with Stone so we’ll just have to get used to this. On a positive note, I think his winning percentage is still better than his dad’s at this point in his career.

Ankara1923 likes this.