1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Nuggets 11/28/2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 27, 2022.

1. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

It’s not we still suck, it’s Silas sucks!

hakeem94, DeBeards, LeDakota and 2 others like this.
  2. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]

hakeem94, DeBeards and Ankara1923 like this.
  3. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Camparazza(?) can give you that same 7 pts and 4 assists in 19 minutes that Nix had , but it'd be more impactful .. We need an irritant that gets opposing teams out of rhythm..

aaquaa and hakeem94 like this.
  4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Good first half - I hope Silas was teaching the starters a lesson and benching them in the 4th - as they didn't play hard or smart in the 3rd.

DD

hlmbasketball, hakeem94 and TAB like this.
  5. maj21

maj21 Member

This team sucks lol..

6. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

she sounds like a passive aggressive little league dad. Just come out and say it or keep it to yourself imo!

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

Post of the terrible night. Small relief,thanks.

hakeem94, Weewin and LeDakota like this.
  8. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

So I’ll make the Rockets one small excuse, and I deserve to be bullied for this because I can’t believe this is coming out of my mouth (hands?)

I’ve read online that the Rockets will have played only two games against teams under .500 their first 20 games or something to that effect, and the majority of those games were and will be on the road. Having a better record now than last year shows that we ARE improving, and the eye test is showing that as well. But I keep thinking we should be better still. Because that’s what being a fan is, I guess. Delusion comes with the territory.

This brutal schedule will only be good for our young core, though. I can already see their chemistry improving game by game.

Zen Tabak likes this.
  9. HP3

HP3 Member

I stubbed my toe after the game and all I could think was GODAMNIT SILAS WHY ARENNT YOU DOING MORE TO ASSURE MY SAFETY

10. DominantBig

DominantBig Member

He didn't put them in a position to succeed... That's the issue. How can a coach bench starters for not playing smart when he has allowed mental lapses all year and hasn't put the players in the best positions to compete?

aaquaa, hakeem94 and Ancient Moabite like this.
  11. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Silas has the DUMBEST lineups in the world. Silas saw the Nuggets Coach took out his older players when the game seems to be over. What do Silas do? I'm going to take out my young players WHO NEEDS THE MINUTES (NBA EXPERIENCE) and put in Boban, Mathew and Gordon. For What? We needed Jabari and Tari on the court for those valuable minutes and experience.... they could have work on their game. WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!
    Why is he, our Coach. WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

aaquaa, hakeem94, DeBeards and 5 others like this.
  12. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Member
    Supporting Member

Giannis is the leagues new Shaq / Bron just like Jokic gets away with a lot of Ish

Make enough of a fuss that when Green / Alpi hit their prime they get same treatment.

aaquaa likes this.
  13. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

Jabari+Alpi+Tari all have winning mentality. We will see lots of challenge coming from this trio in the future. Hope JGreen gets something from them.

14. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

Were u watching the game at all? At one point in the 3rd, we made a huge run with the starters off the back of two big Jabari 3s and cut the lead to a single possession. Silas pulled Alpi and Jabari out and put in Bruno and KJ and the lead ballooned up to double digits within a few mins.

That's not teaching the starters a lesson whatsoever. The starting 5 this game all played cohesively and with a sense of togetherness that we haven't seen all season and if not for the refs ****ing up our aggressiveness on defense early on with some horseshit calls, I would imagine our defense would have been much better this game as well. For once, KPJ played like a top-end playmaker and all the excuses that him, Jalen, Alpi can't work together were thrown out the window bc it was obvious to anybody watching the game that KPJ had way more room to operate with Alpi rather than Bruno, with the defense really focusing on Alpi on every action.

aaquaa, cryout75, King1 and 6 others like this.
  15. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Oh well atleast the Astros got a good hitter

16. Rockets34Legend

I think when they were getting close and making it competitive, Silas got a page on his beeper from Stone. It was to warn him that we need to move forward with the tanking process.

Plus, he had to flip it upside down to see this:
    [​IMG]

17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Tari's mom is a treasure. she has been so enthusiastic an positive. Silas just made her lash out.

18. DominantBig

DominantBig Member

This was the best KPJ has played all year, and I'm hopeful it helps him see how good playing off ball can be for him. Maybe Silas gets credit for this improvement. I hope so. But yes, this wasnt teaching a lesson, this was a coach being out of his league on what to do.

hakeem94 and clutchdabear like this.
  19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I watch the astros now. I know the hitter you're talking about.

hakeem94 and eliefor3 like this.
  20. Aruba77

Aruba77 Member

Really liked what I saw in the first half. Ball movement, hustle, folks were at least trying on defense. But 2nd half all that stopped. And we didn’t even adjust when it became clear. Then we just gave up with 10 min left. I’m not gonna blame everything on questionable Silas rotations, but tonight was totally skitzo. We went completely off the rails, it was obvious we needed to hit the reset, and no one could steady us out.

I guess we can’t let the tank get too far away from us lol.

aaquaa and Ankara1923 like this.