1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

To extend KPJ or not?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lachard Binkley, Jul 29, 2022.

1. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Hypocrite at it finest. I'm sure u were enjoying green development so much Last year instead of whining about green and wanting to get rid of him.

Pffft look this guy trying to make everybody look bad.

Don't even have to bring up the recent post about u wanting to get trade green since he and kpj are basically the same player or to trade sengun since he doesn't fit with kpj/green system.

clutchdabear and King1 like this.
  2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

LOL at you trying so hard TROLL - playing hard to like again....poor baby.

I would no longer make that trade, though I do like Mobley, but we have Jabari who is our version and a better shooter though not nearly as athletic, so as our team dynamic changes, so do our needs.....that may be far too hard for you to understand though, back to your bridge, maybe someone will pay your troll....err....toll.

Maybe you should try supporting Clutchfans like most of us do, since you spend so much time gumming it up with your trolling.

DD

3. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I'm just calling out a hypocrite when I see one. If u think that's trolling so b it.

I ain't the one preaching patience for kpj development while pining for mobley and wanting to trade green last year.

He'll u even brought up trading sengun since he doesn't fit the kpj system instead of being patient and watch him develop. If folks really wanted to they could find the recent post on u wanting to trade green over kpj cause he has more trade value and they were basically the same players with similar ceiling

And I'm the one considered trolling.

clutchdabear likes this.
  4. DaDakota

Supporting Member

You certainly are - let's break down your last post - shall we....???

You took a post about Mobley over Green which at the time was a completely reasonable take, as we were extremely SHORT as a team and had a SG already in KPJ.

Now, with Green and KPJ beginning to thrive and us having drafted Jabari, that post has aged out of context......which is a TROLL MOVE....using it out of context.

Then you say, I called to TRADE SENGUN - when I NEVER said I wanted Sengun traded, but that the ORG might trade him because they don't think he fits......that is an observation by me, and yet you once again took it out of context - TROLL MOVE....

You certainly ARE a troll ....

Now please at least contribute to the site you are polluting with your trolling.....

DD

#3684 DaDakota, Nov 27, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2022
    jiggyfly likes this.
  5. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Sums it about up.

DD

jiggyfly likes this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

Who knew Cade was in year 4?

[​IMG]

gotta love these random accounts on Twitter who think they’re saying something

7. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Both have same experience in the NBA as primary ball handler - and both are about the same age.

Don't attack the messenger when the message is solid that is a weak minded move.

DD

jiggyfly likes this.
  8. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Kpj stans always want to compare kpj stats to greens draft class as if they are peers instead of him being a 4th year vet.

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

the usual weak attempt to try and make KPJ out to be some 2nd year player or compare him to 2nd year players so that we can all lower expectations

Cade is barely into his 2nd season…KPJ is in year 4

the messenger is some random person on Twitter, and the message is dumb

10. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

The idea that his first two seasons and first two offseasons straight up don’t count is truly mind blowing. Like how do you even argue with something THAT absurd?

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

that’s how we get dumb comparisons to Shai, De’Arron Fox, and OKC 6MOY James Harden on here

12. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

Even if Cade were in his 4th year, comparing raw stats like this does not say much anyway.

13. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Ah, the old weak minded labeling as a "Stan" so cute.....

I think we can all agree KPJ's first year and a half were a disaster in Cleveland and that he has grown up quite a bit since then, but he is in his 4th year, the 2nd year playing primary ball handler - and has certainly had ups and downs.....but the org likes him, Green and him work well together - something I personally was worried about.

And, he is playing fairly well, though he has too many turnovers and his something like 1-11 on 3pters these last 2 games have killed that shooting percentage.....I still believe he is the best option on the team at bringing it up, but then....it can be Sengun, or Green or KPJ getting the assist - that makes us a hard team to guard - it is akin to Golden State in an embryonic stage.....

So, yeah, I am a ROCKETS STAN for sure, and I like KPJ - I am BTW not sold on him completely - but I defend him because he gets so much unfair criticism by folks who just don't like him personally - like you....

When we should all just be enjoying the growth of him, Green, Sengun, KMJ and others.....hell here we are ARGUING on this board, after 2 straight Rox wins.....when we should be celebrating.....

Now, if you want me to be picky.....KPJ had far too many turnovers in 5 last night for his 6 assists......but the game before Jalen had what? 7 turnovers......here is the thing.....none of that matters other than we won.......Lebron had 9 turnovers last night against the Spurs....

Yet, people with AGENDAS want to come in b****ing about someone instead of enjoying the ride......so, yep, I got in the mud with the other pigs to b**** about the b****ers......

UGH.....or rather SNORT!

DD

14. King1

King1 Contributing Member

He's just not good. It's time to live in reality. You defend him a lot.

clutchdabear and Rockets34Legend like this.
  15. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Look - growth.

As someone I respect, and I know you don't like him....if you are the Rox, who else would you be playing right now?

DD

Y2JT and King1 like this.
  16. Reeko

Reeko Member

if Cade in his 4th year had similar stats to current KPJ, 99% of people would view him as a bust or at best incredibly disappointing

whoever wrote that tweet trying to compare 2nd year Cade to 4th year KPJ is a huge idiot, but that’s really all the KPJ fans got to try and make him look better

either bring up what he did in the last x amount of games when it’s just a hot streak, or compare him to guys who are rookies or in their 2nd season

i3artow i3aller and clutchdabear like this.
  17. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Comparing NBA players no matter what year is fine - especially when they are under 25.......

DD

18. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The message isn't solid though. Cade is just starting his second season, KPJ is in his fourth, you have to take that into account. I know, he was with Cleveland, played a different role, didn't play all 82 games, that's all valid. But the time still matters. You still have time acclimating to the NBA game, the NBA pace, the NBA schedule, you have multiple offseasons to work on your game. You can't just discount all of his time in the league. If Cade is still averaging 19/6/6 on ~50% TS in his fourth year then they probably should be giving up on him. They'd call him a bust.

19. DaDakota

Supporting Member

It won't matter to people that hate KPJ.

Posted again to show growth.

DD

King1 likes this.
  20. Reeko

Reeko Member

nope…KPJ has had several offseasons to work on his game/improve and get acclimated to the increased speed, strength, and athleticism of the NBA game compared to Cade who just started his 2nd year

we know why y’all love to do this tho…it’s the only way y’all can even attempt to make KPJ look better

u are the same one who will try to argue that current KPJ and 6MOY Harden are similar level players