1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Silas 2.0

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatboyPhuong, Oct 21, 2022.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Could try the triangle with Bruno.

Rolliepollie likes this.
  2. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Or brainless incompetent fouling on defense Sengun gives us. Low basketball IQ?

3. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Yes, that's what you have. Can probably strike the "basketball" in that sentence as well.

Ankara1923 likes this.
  4. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

I’ve completely lost interest in the Rockets because of him. He ruined my fandom!

5. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Any chance you could lose interest in posting?

6. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

I'm not out there picking up idiotic fouls like Sengun. Is it Silas's fault he can't move his feet fast enough?

maj21 likes this.
  7. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Apparently you’re not the only one judging by all the empty seats at Toyota Center.

8. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Silas is a pond and a fall guy. The stuff coach does has no philosophy no principle. Everything looks like a struggle. I just cant see this is anything other than tanking. He is doing the job the Rox want him to do. I would imagine if he is successful a new coach will emerge.

9. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

I can see this. It's probably meant for Hollins to take over. The ONLY thing is if we see it, I know Silas sees it. Why would he agree to a situation where he's paid to lose games?

bj3175 and Ancient Moabite like this.
  10. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

He wouldn’t and is doing the best he can which is 35-143.

persian hoopa and Rolliepollie like this.
  11. Rolliepollie

Rolliepollie Member

Exactly. I agree. I wish other posters would quit saying silas is tanking. Or that stone told silas to tank . It's about 1/3 of the posters and they are dead wrong. Silas is just dumb. It's that simple. Dumb on rotations, and spotting the hot hand and even x's and o's. The guy is in over his head. Plus mentally he is to passive and to emotionally attached to players. The reason they won't fire him is not because stone wants to lose or tank, it's because either or both Tillman doesn't want to pay for two coaches and also God forbid stone actually likes the job silas is doing with such young players. I would bet money that stone is probably saying "well silas is doing the best job anyone can do with such a young team"

I say that because the beginning of the year Tillman said we would win more games, meaning he does not want to tank. And all of them have said we are going to give every team maximum effort on both sides of the ball. That means as long as it's close at the end of games they are all happy. Even though we have the worst record we have been in almost all the games. Plus had the hardest schedule in the entire nba so far. That's why I believe they all love silas and he is safe. We as fans are spinning our wheels he isn't going to be fired. Plus like I said he isn't tanking. If he was tanking ,ie. Losing on purpose we would be blown out nightly, we aren't.

We came very close to beating gsw and clippers twice. When you see something dumb from silas it's not because he's trying to lose its just because he believes his ideas are the best toward winning the game even though as fans on the outside we can tell he doesn't know what he's doing. But in silas head he thinks he's smart. Its kinda sad for him that he is actually trying his best in coaching and to win games but most of the fans think he's so dumb that he must be tanking but he actually isn't lol.

12. Ancient Moabite

Because it would go on his resume as HC after being an assistant for decades, all those coaches have egos and money talks

If Silas is being told or advised by upper management on who and how to play then he is not worried at all, he is just doing his job according to the architect of the rebuild which is Stone and his sponsor(owner)

Silas is a yes man coach which a infant gm/owner loves to keep around because those type of coaches don't demand or expect much other than what is given to them to coach(roster wise)

Silas is just happy to be listed as a HC and is like a kid in a candy store just throwing candy(rotations) around making a mess

DeBeards likes this.
  13. Newlin

Newlin Member

Other Rocket coaches Clutchfans have wanted fired:
    Mike D’Antoni
    J B Bickerstaff
    Kevin McHale
    Rick Adelman
    Jeff Van Gundy
    Rudy Tomjanovich

14. bj3175

bj3175 Member

I think the Hollins call is 100%

15. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Yeah but that record isn't indicative of his performance. No coach in the league could win games with a roster this young

txtodd likes this.
  16. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Wrong. They have lots of talent. It's ok this year since we might as well tank for Wemby or Scoot, but next year, we must have a real coach.

17. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Games this seasons have been so close despite Silas's coaching. With a real coach our record could have been easily over .500.

Ankara1923 likes this.
  18. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

What is indicative of his performance is his rotations, momentum management (timeouts), and in game adjustments. All which he is piss poor at which I am sure you recognize. Also there are things that show he isn't holding his players accountable, you see it a lot on the defense.

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

B2B wins is it still Silas' fault?

rocketchamp and No Worries like this.
  20. roslolian

roslolian Member

Lol so games being close is not due to Silas but the losses are somehow due to Silas?

How can Silas be both responsible and not responsible for the same result?