1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What if we trade Gordon for Mike Conley?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CHAMPBOY, Nov 22, 2022.

?

Would you trade Gordon and The Milwaukee Pick for Mike Conley?

1. Yes, this would move our Franchise Forward

28 vote(s)
    51.9%
  2. No, we should let Porter stay at Point and keep our goofy lower Milwaukee Pick?

26 vote(s)
    48.1%
  1. Garner

Garner Member

Utah traded both of their stars and left Conley on a team w scrubs. They didn’t expect to be good.

2. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

depends...
    if Conley is cool with the low key tank while developing the kids this year - knowing next year we're lookin to explode - sure, id pull the trigger on it...

We gots tons of space and arent gonna be the greatest draw... so id do it...

he'd be a good guy to set to the table - and help develop the kids... mentor kpj while hes in the 6th man role...

not the greatest 'value contract' for a 35 yo... but i think he'd be beneficial...

and Ego and the Mil pick are mid level commodities... a good expenditure for what i believe the potential benefit would be... heck, if Conley was into it - i may even add a couple for toss-ins... lol

imo

3. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

I would not trade Gordon for Jae Crowder, we need a point guard and everybody knows Utah traded their big two stars to tank. Utah are going wholesale trading soon and we need to get our hands on Conley before someone else does.

Carpe82 likes this.
  4. TimDuncanDonaut

A good piece like a Conley can let you really know what you have in Green, Jabari and others. In a few years, there can be another Conley type; but that also means you didn't waste the formative Freshman/Sophomore year of your #2 and #3 pick. This team can also run some actual PnR.

Sexton and Lauri's numbers go up when they play with connectors like Olynyk and more importantly Conley. On the Jazz, we see Sexton goes derp without Mike. Without Conley, Jazz just lost to a Cade-less Pistons team.

I would give KPJ for Mike Conley, because I don't think Jazz need a Gordon. Ainge might bite on 'potential'. That and Utah getting KPJ means Jazz can properly tank.

#64 TimDuncanDonaut, Nov 25, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2022
    theDude likes this.
  5. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Wall was a much better facilitator than Westbrook ever was. But I get what you're saying.

6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Their career AST% and TOV% are basically indistinguishable

7. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Twenty five years from now, our grandchildren will be on clutchfans, discussing possible Eric Gordon trade scenarios, and we will remind them how much harder we all had it.