1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tech companies are bloated with leeches. Mass layoffs are necessary in many companies.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, Nov 7, 2022.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

There are people I vehemently disagree like stupid moniker who claim to be lawyers and others who claim to be engineers that I find credible.

ATW had the aura of a troll who makes up things as he goes a long. Every hot right wing subject for the past decade, he has direct relevant experience from Muslims, to Ron DeSantis and now the tech industry. This is someone who also in the past has explained his background that had nothing to do with the technology industry.

I don't know, maybe he has enough capital to buy some small start up and label himself a CEO. I can see unskilled people do that. But yes, I refuse to believe someone who dedicates so much useless time spamming "woke" content via Twitter is a CEO.

Or maybe CEOs are really that useless with little discernable skillsets?

Anyways, you aren't going to shame me into making me feel bad or stupid for not believing in someone's background story on a message board.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

*elon musk has entered the chat*

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

4. fchowd0311

I guess single handily he is showing how useless that label is. He has the time to be a troll and the lead manager of multiple major publicly traded corporations.

So I guess he is making it much more palpitable that a internet troll has time to be a CEO.

5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

6. fchowd0311

Damn Anything these days can be a NY times best seller.

7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

"John H. McWhorter teaches linguistics, American studies, and music history at Columbia University. He is a contributing editor at The Atlantic and host of the language podcast Lexicon Valley. His writing has been published in The New York Times, The New Yorker, The Wall Street Journal, Time, Daily Beast, New Republic, The Root, and many other venues. McWhorter is the author of over twenty books, including Nine Nasty Words: English in the Gutter—Then, Now and Forever, The Power of Babel, Losing the Race,and Our Magnificent b*stard Tongue."

Yung-T and AroundTheWorld like this.
  8. fchowd0311

So he's a dude who believes that wokeism is reasonable for this:https://www.taxpolicycenter.org/fiscal-fact/median-value-wealth-race-ff03112019

And he's a linguist. So no relevant training and experience in socioeconomic sciences or relevant experience in poor communities. This seems like the Jordan Peterson shtick. Express academic credentials in one area to express credibility in all areas.

For every 1 Black Academic who claims silly stuff like "wokeism" is responsible for suppressing the Black population, there are 10 Black academics who think that 1 Black Academic is silly and probably a grifter who knows how to get people like you to get sucked into their content.

9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

While she comes across as a dope, there's nothing in that video that shows she isn't working her ass off during work time.

11. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Both Vivek and McWhorter are must-read/watch/listens. Those guys are extremely sharp and insightful.

12. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I see the annual CFBBS Thanksgiving family fight has begun early this year.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone except those who criticize Elon Musk.

13. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

You knkw this BBS has been a around a long time when all the OG posters start complaining like a bunch of boomers. Also some memory loss, because many have forgotten what happen during the dotcom and bust. The correction lasted less than a year and it wasn't bad at all.

Invisible Fan and dmoneybangbang like this.
  14. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Vivek tried to buy my company once. In hindsight, I should have entertained the conversation more maybe. I ghosted them lol (I guess I was too busy posting on Clutchfans :cool:).

#114 AroundTheWorld, Nov 24, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2022
    Yung-T likes this.
  15. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Might be true but anyone that works white collar knows how important optics is.

16. fchowd0311

Is this the Vivick guy? The guy who equivocates election denialism as the same on both sides?

He seems like a reasonable person :confused:

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I doubt any 23 year old sharing on TikTok expects their dumb day-in-the-life video to become the optics for everything wrong with tech workers.

By the way, anyone else surprised by the fact that a 23 year old is a product manager?

Invisible Fan and fchowd0311 like this.
  18. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Yeah I wasn't a fan of that equivocation. However, I agree with his larger point about democracy goes beyond just voting and silencing or censoring people is generally unhealthy.

19. fchowd0311

This guy is a wolf in sheep's clothing. Moderates don't equivocate what the GOP has tried to do with election denialism with "both sides".

Also, in sorry but the right wing has for over a century claimed they have been censored:
    [​IMG]

American right wing extremists have been doing this shtick since George Lincoln Rockwell going on college campuses and claiming real American values are being suppressed in leftist academia.

20. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Just a few examples:
    • Without authorization, wasting considerable resources on changing the entire content in German to conform to "gender neutral language", which is not actually correct German (although being used by a lot of the woke public media). Example: instead of "Patienten" -> "Patient:Innen" in all texts
    • Starting huge arguments about the usual topics in Slack channels, wasting company time and resources
    • Reporting a staff member to HR and to an anonymous whistleblowing tool for using the word "female" instead of "woman", since this is apparently "trans-phobic" and "trans-exclusionary", calling that same staff member a "sexing dog"
    • Subsequently, a small group of activists ganging up to report that same staff member (clearly a conservative staff member, lawyer from Texas...) again and again and again, for minuscule or bogus reasons (similar to the tactic in social media, where these motivated activists do mass reporting to "cancel" someone)
    • Calling on people in Slack channels to join demonstrations and protests in Berlin during work hours
    • Etc., can't remember everything - but it is a pattern of behaviour
    • Only one of the people in this group actually ever did decent work (she is still at the company), the others really had nothing at all to show for in terms of work results, their contribution to the actual company mission was truly inversely correlated to the degree of their activism for whatever causes, during work hours and using work resources

ArtV and RedRedemption like this.