1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tech companies are bloated with leeches. Mass layoffs are necessary in many companies.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, Nov 7, 2022.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Employers have leverage now, makes sense for companies to try to suppress salaries + scale back benefits before the pendulum swings. They won't have leverage when the industry cycles back. More and more companies are adopting remote first going forward, I don't imagine that changes in the long term (in the US).

"things won't be the same again" is really a stretch lol.

Also I've had personal anecdotes working for people that openly idolize people like Musk / Elon. And that person is embroiled in a lawsuit and got forced out the company. :D

#82 RedRedemption, Nov 23, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2022
    dmoneybangbang and Invisible Fan like this.
  3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

It's hard to imagine this person surviving a round of layoffs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

In my company, I don't want activists, not because I agree or disagree with their agenda, but because we have a mission and a job to do. These people don't care about that, but just use my company as a vehicle (while getting paid by me) for their own agenda. I have seen too much of that, and it has been a distraction.

#84 AroundTheWorld, Nov 24, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2022
    Yung-T likes this.
  5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

In my experience, office activists are complete nightmares to work with. They're usually unskilled, lazy, temperamental, entitled, and extremely narcissistic.

The DEI grift has opened up a huge lane for these people to work their way into organizations without adding any value and in many cases decreasing productivity by creating busy work and promoting a more negative and extremely litigious work environment.

6. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Yes, 100% this. I know from many other tech CEOs that they have been dealing with the same issue. Need to get these people out before it's too late. They destroy a company from the inside.

7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

It's not just tech. This phenomenon effects every org that grows large/successful enough.

That worm is starting to turn though.

I've recently seen some very liberal HR professionals and hiring managers dumpster resumes from folks because of obvious red flags like this.

8. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I don’t think you’ll find people that disagree with this on any point of the political spectrum.

That being said I’m not sure what you mean? What exactly are the behaviors of these people you are describing? I’ve only seen minor instances of people wasting time in town hall style Q&As to ask dumb politically charged bullshit, but nothing on the scale to where it’d be a huge distraction.

9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I love this convo. It is so productive between a a fake CEO and someone who makes broad assumptions based on a couple of anecdotes.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  10. fchowd0311

You think he has time to go over in nuance what he's referring to? You know he's a CEO right?

11. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Sorry I don't have reams of peer reviewed studies about this? You can trust that if I had any, I would use them as guideposts.

In some circumstances peoples lived experiences are all they have to go on, and it's no big sin to share them when it's part of the subject of a thread.

Andre0087 likes this.
  12. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Just wondering, have you had a job outside the military? Since you seem to claim that posting a lot and having a busy job isn't possible at the same time.

13. fchowd0311

Well you're lived in experience is stupid. I never been in an work environment where non-executive employees have enough time in the day to even care about being this so called "activist".

Maybe if you were more specific with your claims such as elaborating an example of your experience. It's what people usually.do when they refer to anecdotes and usually anecdotes are only useful to supplement a statistical trend as an example of the trend rather than proof of a trend.

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

You know some of us know ATW outside of the board/his real identity and that he in fact is a CEO?

It's really cringe to see you deny it and try to mock him just based on your silly assumptions.

15. fchowd0311

If someone can claim that they are a CEO, why would you believe anything I say? You are the last person to believe any claims as you know how easy they are to make online.

But yes, I've mentioned it before. I'm a MechE. Currently on my second company after college.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  16. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Lol

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  17. fchowd0311

He's an adult man who uses terms like "woke" unironically. I don't know any responsible adult human with families, professional work life etc who delve into this shock jock stuff as it's usually content meant for high school kids who have more time on their hand.

CEOs tell me how time consuming their profession is to waste that amount of time. No I sincerely don't believe it.

18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I literally just told you some users here (including me) know his real identity and that he is a CEO, why do you keep denying it lmao.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  19. fchowd0311

I literally don't know you? Dude it's a literal NBA fan message board. Forgive me when I don't take extravagant claims at face value on an internet message board.

You literally told me? Awesome. Why should I care?

20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Okay, guess it makes your life easier if you just act like everyone you dislike can't have a successful career.
    Have fun then and carry on.