1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] World Series Phillies vs. Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 28, 2022.

1. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

I can tell you everyone one around me in my section was looking at each other wondering what the hell they were doing pulling Wheeler until I looked at one and said “Merry Christmas???” couple minutes later that gift was unwrapped. So if the small sample size of fans close to me and myself count then yea. We all thought it was a bad decision on the Phillies part. Personally, I liked that bad decision as an Astros fan.

2. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

3. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

Thanksgiving less than a week. I'm headed back to H-Town tomorrow to see my kids and family. Just wanted to remind everyone the Astros are World Champions AGAIN. Lots to be thankful for in life. But wanted to tell all you guys and gals we can all agree on being thankful for Clutch giving us a place to cheer together and debate greatness and failure like these Astros. Be safe all and enjoy.

Now GM Crane get us and early Christmas gift please!

Stephen66, mikol13 and vince like this.
  4. Big Uns

Big Uns Member

Thread can't die till spring training!!!

5. vince

vince Member

The excitement is still fresh. That 2022 title was so sweet! I can’t get enough Astros talk and analysis on YouTube!

6. Yordan The Great

Phillies scored 75 runs during the postseason.

The Astros scored only 53.

Think about that.

everyday eddie and Stephen66 like this.
  7. the shark

the shark Member

Phillies had to play a WC series against the Cards. They won it (2-0) and scored 8 runs in those two games.

In the NLDS they had to play 4 games to defeat ATL (we swept SEA in three). The extra game against ATL the Phillies scored 8 runs.

In the NLCS PHI beat SD in 5 games (we swept the NYY in 4). The 5th game against SD the Phillies scored 5 runs. That's 21 runs PHI scored in the 3 extra games they had to play to get to the WS.

You do the math. The Stros "only" scored 53.

Stros won the WS 4-2 and in one of those games they no-hit PHI!! And in an elimination game PHI scored ONE F'n run in gm6.

THINK ABOUT THAT HOT SHOT!!

8. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

B82BD8D2-6FB5-4D26-9D78-6AAB3AC51018.gif

Yordan The Great likes this.
  9. Yordan The Great

You did that all by yourself or did your mommy help you?

The point being, and you obviously missed it entirely, that a team averaging barely 4 runs a game still managed to dominate all of it's opponents to the tune of 11 games to 2. It was a pitching clinic the likes we may never see again in the postseason.

everyday eddie, vince and Stephen66 like this.
  10. Stephen66

Stephen66 Member
    Supporting Member

I'm still celebrating

and man I love me some Maldonado for his brain, that 6th inning rally might not have happened but for Him.

"They wanted Houstom, They GOT Houstom!"

11. the shark

the shark Member

Than why bring up how many runs PHI scored (and compare it to HOU) when they played four extra games than the Stros.

Bregatron likes this.
  12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Offense is fleeting. Alvarez looked like Babe Ruth, then Brad Ausmus, then Babe Ruth again all within the same playoffs. Altuve put up some of the worst AB’s in his career to start the playoffs.

The Astros pitchers made all their opponents star hitters look pedestrian at some point or another. Can’t have too much pitching. Even more emphasized in the post-season.

13. CrushCity

CrushCity Member

Gotta be honest. I’m not enjoying getting drunk and watching highlights of thr 2022 World Series as much as 2017.

i think it’s cause the Astros were sooo damn dominating in 2022 that you just knew no one could beat them in a 7 game series. It’s almost boring to watch lol.

14. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

I suspect getting drunk is getting less "fun" rather than the baseball. But that may say more about me (Teetotaler for 20 years) than you.

houstonstime likes this.
  15. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I was at game 5 in 2017, I still watch highlights of it and get goosebumps to this day.

But that yordan CRACK in game 6 has been added to the file. And I was lucky enough to be there for that one too haha.

desihooper and scott_summers like this.
  16. Yordan The Great

How deep was the Astros pitching staff you ask?

They had a dude named Urquidy who has 3 WS victories to his credit, and all he could see was mopup duty vs the Phillies.

everyday eddie and IdStrosfan like this.
  17. msn

msn Member

Happy day-after-black-Friday. The Astros are your reigning MLB World Series Champions.

18. scott_summers

scott_summers Member

The funny thing about that play is I almost felt bad for the kid. He thought they were playing around and then nope. Tag you're out. I was like damn our Astros are ruthless

Stephen66 likes this.
  19. scott_summers

scott_summers Member

You are a lucky dude. I would have killed to be at that game.

houstonstime likes this.
  20. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Yordan Alvarez is more David Ortiz, because Yordan and David are really Clutch in Late Game Situations.
    Really Similar Swing, High Avg, Both go the opposite field with Power, Power to Center and Pull