1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What if we trade Gordon for Mike Conley?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CHAMPBOY, Nov 22, 2022.

?

Would you trade Gordon and The Milwaukee Pick for Mike Conley?

1. Yes, this would move our Franchise Forward

28 vote(s)
    51.9%
  2. No, we should let Porter stay at Point and keep our goofy lower Milwaukee Pick?

26 vote(s)
    48.1%
  1. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Let's see where we get. Hopefully we can upgrade.

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  2. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Memphis isn't trading Ja

3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

would love it but Jazz have no reason to make this trade

DreamShook likes this.
  4. Juxtaposed Jolt

You want to trade a dude who doesn't want to necessarily be part of a rebuilding team...for another dude who doesn't want to be part of a rebuilding team?

lol ok.

amaru and Corrosion like this.
  5. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Porter would stay at point. Mike Conley would have to agree to a mentors back up role like Rubio did.

6. VoR

VoR Member

Gordon belongs in Phoenix to take the workload off of Booker down the stretch and insert if he is injured. I don't know why the Grayson Allen 3 team trade fell through. Maybe Crowder, First Round Pick/Gordon,KMJ/Saric Grayson will be the move later.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Not only does Conley not move the needle, he has no business coming to a rebuilding team.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  9. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

EG looks like he couldn't be having less fun if he tried. I hope he goes somewhere where he can have fun soon.

burlesk likes this.
  10. PeppermintCandy

EGO doesn't look like he's having fun. :(

Edit: YaoMac09 beat me to it.

burlesk likes this.
  11. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

It just kind of feels like OP forgot that we had a veteran point guard and we sat him on the bench for over a year before we bought him out. If the Rockets wanted an over-the-hill former all-star point guard running the show, they could have kept Wall without giving away any other assets. They clearly don't want that.

Corrosion, riko and burlesk like this.
  12. riko

riko Member

They can still get a better deal. Conley has shown he can push a team on the verge to a legitimate contender. There wil be teams out there making better deals. Even if you offer them one of the Nets first rounder.

Plus the Jazz would want a another point in return. A shoot first chucker like Sexton is not a point guard you want with guys like Lauri on the floor!

The Pelicans for example can offer the Jazz a better offer…. They are a legit point guard like Conley to set the table up for Zion, Ingram and get snipers like Murphy open looks short of being possibly favorites to come out of the west!.. It also allows CJ to go back to his real spot at the two

#52 riko, Nov 24, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2022
  13. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

[​IMG]

don grahamleone likes this.
  14. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

Although I think that ANY legitimate pg would help this team function more smoothly I have always thought that Conley was waaay overrated!
    I wouldn't add anything to improve our win total till the offseason (and we're done Victor tanking) but even then I wouldn't give up ANY draft capital for Conley.

I could be talked into EG straight up (I guess) but no draft picks added!

15. LukaMVP

LukaMVP Member

[​IMG]

suns should make a decent offer for him, he is their cornerstone;)

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I don't buy this whole 'Trust the process' kind of vague talk.

It is just another way of job security for the GM or coach even if they make mistakes.

There is no consequence. He goes to his day job laughing into the camera as if they were on a 10 game winning streak.

I congratulate all the employees for being such consummate pros.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  17. PatBev

PatBev Member

I’ve been preaching to get his expiring off the Bench. Ain’t no way I’m letting a 36yr old start for a single year. That would be the worst possible thing for the team

He can be a player/mentor off the bench

18. Good Times

Good Times Member

If I’m thinking of which team would need Gordon most I would put the Nets up there. They need his outside scoring and matching him up with Ben Simmons would open things up more for KD and Kyrie. Not sure what they could give us but I’d be intrigue with getting Cam Thomas and Patty Mills who seems to have good leadership and mentoring qualities. We should also be able to get a couple of other fillers and a 2nd round pick included as well. I think Thomas can help with ball handling as he looks to have playmaking skills and is still just 21 to grow with this team.

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Nice interview with Eric, thanks. He's got tremendous self-control. More than I would have in his situation.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  20. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

True, but Wall is a poor mans Westbrook and Conley a poor mans CP3

You couldn't pay me to have an old WB/Wall on a rebuilding team, but an old CP/Conley? I think would be helpful