1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Advertisers are dropping Twitter.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Ubiquitin, Nov 22, 2022.

1. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Who is this person and why do people in this forum keep posting about her.

tinman and AroundTheWorld like this.
  2. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Because she says what they like to hear.

Nook, TheresTheDagger, tinman and 2 others like this.
  3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

She’s a journalist who’s been covering Silicon Valley since the 90s.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  4. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

If the employees leaving are the ones responsible for the current product possibly they weren't good enough.

tinman and AroundTheWorld like this.
  5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Candace Owens faints

6. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

would hit btw

tinman likes this.
  7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Elon didn't buy twitter to just keep as is and unban people, he has bigger plans with it

8. TheresTheDagger

9. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

don't use twitter, don't care about Musk. nice try though

10. CCorn

CCorn Member

Top companies are still using Twitter to advertise.

Nook likes this.
  11. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

12. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

Didn't some guy just pay 44 billion for that product? Seemed good then I guess.

13. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

So.. if you saw Candace Owens in a hotel bar, you'd try to have sex with her? I thought you were married.

14. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

It's not meant to be taken literally. It means I would find her attractive enough in theory. Goodness. Why do I even need to explain that.

TheresTheDagger and Xerobull like this.
  15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No. Unless Twitter takes over FB, TikTok, and Netflix - and even then it wouldn't be worth a trillion dollars.

Put your money into Tesla. It's price has come down a lot, and it's a far better bet.

16. Major

Major Member

You could Google her if you cared (or you'd know her if you actually knew anything about the tech world you comment about so often). But it seems you're more just interested in trying to dismiss people that criticize Musk. The 2nd paragraph is you (and others here):

Invisible Fan and FranchiseBlade like this.
  17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

The thing about Twitter advertising is that it has always sucked. Terrible. It's not hard for an advertiser to toss it. Especially in this economy. If there was ROI to be had they'd use it. Especially now during the holiday season. Nowhere to go but up really. But Elon's focus doesn't seem to be there (but maybe it is).

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  18. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

You still didn't answer my question. Yes I already google and I understand she is an oped who thinks she is a journalist. What makes her so relevant other than having a loud mouth?

Elon has a loud mouth. He is childish, egotistical narcissist with a whole bag of trauma. So are a lot of people on this forum.

I do have mad respect for his accomplishments. I align with most of his missions and goals. I was raised around JSC. Many of my classmates parents worked for NASA. I had friends who worked for NASA. Watched the challenger explode. Sadly watched NASA get widdled away to nothing in my early adult years. Now I am a short drive from Cape Canaveral. I got to watch in person the first falcon heavy launch and see boosters land. Same with Inspiration 4 launch and SLS. I am very happy to see America back on the forefront of Space tech. Additionally my field of work is adjacent to Starlink.
    I also always hated noisy polluting vehicles. I knew very little about Tesla until the first time I drove one. Game changer.

And all you can do is sit here and say 'Elon says things that hurt my feelings'. And even worse are the morons who say Musk is not that intelligent. I'm not going to banter who is the smartest person to live like this is some ignorant Jordan/Hakeem MVP sports debate, but a person has to be a little slow to try and minimize Musks accomplishments and marginalize his intelligence.

Do you know who this guy is? I'll reassure you he is more accomplished than some 'journalist' hack.

19. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Lol:

I was an intern at SpaceX years ago, back it when it was a much smaller company — after Elon got hair plugs, but before his cult of personality was in full swing. I have some insight to offer here.

Back when I was at SpaceX, Elon was basically a child king. He was an important figurehead who provided the company with the money, power, and PR, but he didn’t have the knowledge or (frankly) maturity to handle day-to-day decision making and everyone knew that. He was surrounded by people whose job was, essentially, to manipulate him into making good decisions.

Managing Elon was a huge part of the company culture. Even I, as a lowly intern, would hear people talking about it openly in meetings. People knew how to present ideas in a way that would resonate with him, they knew how to creatively reinterpret (or ignore) his many insane demands, and they even knew how to “stage manage” parts of the physical office space so that it would appeal to Elon.

The funniest example of “stage management” I can remember is this dude on the IT security team. He had a script running in a terminal on one of his monitors that would output random garbage, Matrix-style, so that it always looked like he was doing Important Computer Things to anyone who walked by his desk. Second funniest was all the people I saw playing WoW at their desks after ~5pm, who did it in the office just to give the appearance that they were working late.​

https://www.tumblr.com/numberonecat...elon-wyd?utm_source=substack&utm_medium=email

Huge if true - @tinman @AroundTheWorld @Space Ghost @Os Trigonum @Commodore @TheresTheDagger

20. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Sounds like many companies.

Nook likes this.