1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

What if we trade Gordon for Mike Conley?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CHAMPBOY, Nov 22, 2022.

?

Would you trade Gordon and The Milwaukee Pick for Mike Conley?

1. Yes, this would move our Franchise Forward

28 vote(s)
    51.9%
  2. No, we should let Porter stay at Point and keep our goofy lower Milwaukee Pick?

26 vote(s)
    48.1%
  1. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Mike Conley would be the perfect trade for the Rocket’s organization right now. Gordon is in the way, and we need a veteran point guard. We would have Porter playing SF and Conley would be our STARTING POINT GUARD!!!!! I heard that The Jazz were asking about John Collins in a trade? Maybe they are looking for veteran help. Anyway, I would even give the Milwaukee pick and Gordon for Mike Conley. Why? Mike Conley is averaging 7.9 assist and 1.5 turnovers a game((give it a minute and let that sank in)…….OK, our present point guard has 5.8 assists and 3.9 turnovers a game. I’m not blaming Porter, he just not a point guard but a darn good SF or 6th Man.

Conley would be our Floor General or coach on the court. It helps everybody even our Coach

Porter- He would now concentrate on his scoring, rebounding and defending the best player on the opponent’s team
    Jabari- He would have plays called for him and he would get to move around more because he is a rhythmic shooter.
    Jalen- Helps Jabari to slow everything down for him and they would be perfect backcourt mates, he would always put Jalen first.
    Sengun- we would actually have plays called for him and even pass the ball to him when he is posting up players under the basket.
    Coach Silas- He gets to keep his job.

it is a win-win for us and now thinking about it I would trade Gordon and The Milwaukee Pick for Mike Conley. Mike Conley would be with us for two years to help our young point guards.

JoeBarelyCares and Carpe82 like this.
  2. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Contract is top big and wr aren't win now

topfive, BallSoHarden and Corrosion like this.
  3. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

We do need a vet guard who can set an example. I would do Gordon(and Nix) for Caruso. Or Beverley. We need a dog the guard position

Mathloom likes this.
  4. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Absolutely. Mike Conley was always someone I felt would help this team progress, especially Jabari & Jalen. Outside of CP3, he's the best piece that could help a young team like ours

albuster and Aruba77 like this.
  5. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

They wouldn’t do that to Mike Conley ;)

At this point, trading an accomplished veteran to Houston is like peeing in someone’s martini.

6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Jazz are #1 seed, have Beasley, Sexton and Clarkson as shoot first guards already

Jazz won’t be interested

Rockets34Legend, pmac, Bo6 and 7 others like this.
  7. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

I'd rather wait till we figure out who stays or goes in the offseason..

Rockets34Legend, maj21 and Corrosion like this.
  8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i dont think any player would work under silas or current regime/culture...conley simply wouldnt have cared here the way he cares and plays responsibly in utah...

its like when you come to a fine clean house owned by a fine gentleman you aint gonna be pissing on his walls like you would do if you happen to be outside and come across a ruined and smelly deserted house by the road and you have to make pee pee...

Hank McDowell likes this.
  9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I would do it, but they would not.

10. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Conley is the 3rd most important player on the #1 team in the west. Trades have to make sense for both teams.

11. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

No, Conley would add W's .... We can't have that. Add that point guard in the offseason.

Just buy EG out and waive him. Open up minutes at the 2 & 3 spots for Tyty , KJ & Eason.

AXG, Rockets34Legend, ak99999 and 4 others like this.
  12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Why would the Jazz do this?

DD

13. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

I’d do it in a second and the Jazz wouldn’t.

Dobbizzle and Aruba77 like this.
  14. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Word.

15. riko

riko Member

Why in gods name Utah would do that. Conley has way more value then EG

Aruba77 and harold bingo like this.
  16. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Because they want to help us out.

17. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I think the Jazz would do it because Ainge wants them to tank. I think Ainge is annoyed their winning and waiting for the right time to pull the plug on this thing. It's been a nice surprise but their record is a fluke and they will end up outside the playoffs even if they keep trying to win.

I'd love Conley on our team, just don't think we're a good trade partner with the Jazz. They'd only trade Conley for young/draft assets and we won't trade those type of assets for a player whose contract is expiring.

I would bring him off the bench though and let him compete for the starting spot with KPJ.

18. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Why would you ever give up a first for a guy we're trying to get a first for?

TEXNIFICENT, burlesk, ak99999 and 3 others like this.
  19. Ancient Moabite

The flip side to that would be not knowing who would come during upcoming agency with all that cap space given its not a prized group so depending on how much you value having a vet floor general that could unleash your young talent vs. overpaying for a Middleton is where getting a Conley may be the most valuable move

I don't know the details of Conley deal but the Rockets will be flushed with cap space and this would move KPJ to better position where he would be secondary handler where he looked better as he did somewhat with limited time with Wall

20. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

For Gordon, he is a better shooter than Beasley and Sexton