1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chapter 4: The Green Revolution

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Oct 16, 2022.

?

How many wins will Jalen lead us to?

1. 20-29 wins

125 vote(s)
    59.5%
  2. 30-39 wins

61 vote(s)
    29.0%
  3. 40-49 wins

11 vote(s)
    5.2%
  4. 50-59 wins

13 vote(s)
    6.2%
  1. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Jalen had

16pts on 15 shots
    15pts on 10 shots
    17pts on 15 shots

Averaged 10 FTA and 5 assists per game while his shot wasn't falling. If that's his slump, we're talking about a smart player and a big time scorer.

xaos, topfive and Roomba like this.
  2. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Even if we don't look at the shots he misses, he wouldn't be the best player in the league, stat-wise

but I see your point :p

3. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I'm waiting for a game in which he shoots really well and he gets to the line. I don't know why those two things have been almost mutually exclusive so far.

If he has a game where he combines his shot-making with his (newfound?) proficiency at getting to the line, I think he's setting a new career high.

Mathloom likes this.
  4. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Member

it is the KPJ influence factor that makes him tell they are the best backcourt. KPJ incourages him to just iso and score, not care about D or EFF or team success. it is like the hot girl's jealous ugly BFF in high school lol

daywalker02 likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Chucking doesn't use up much Stamina but going to the hoop and getting hacked do.

Ancient Moabite and Rinaldi like this.
  6. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

It's because he doesn't finish well after contact yet. Players who can go to the line a lot while maintaining a better FG% are usually physically stronger. On the flipside, players who are not very strong are rarely as brave as he is going to the rim and that's a great sign.

It will come though. Some experience and some more strength should do it. He's starting to see defenders who have a scouting report on him and opposing coaches are planning for his quickness now. That's why things are volatile right now, we've been facing mostly playoff calibre teams and they are guarding us/him well.

7. i3artow i3aller

8. O-dawg

O-dawg Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Great game, too many TO's, but other than that I'm happy with the production. Was really impressed with his response to Young. Could be just my perception but it felt to me like he took Trae scoring personally and went back at him a few times.

P.S. If Jalen ever begins to get some of the calls that Young gets... man...

BigMaloe, Caesar, Dobbizzle and 4 others like this.
  9. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

Nice, if he keeps developing his skillset, body, and reads over time, once he starts staying consistent and getting some 30 pt 10 reb 10 assist win highlight games with low turnovers watch out. We'll start seeing the All-NBA player he can be like Ja Morant.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  10. RocketsDraftTV

bradley beal 2.0

11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Beal didnt average over 20 points a game until his 5th season in the nba but sure he is the next Beal. Nor did he average as many assists/rebounds Green currently has until his 6th year in the nba. Next Beal bro

cbass likes this.
  12. Carpe82

Carpe82 Member

Idiot 2.0

13. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

to that point.. isn’t “2.0” generally meant to be the improved version of the original copy?

14. RocketsDraftTV

beal also wasn’t shot jacking on a losing team and had to play early with John wall who handled the ball pretty much all game

15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Lol dude.

First, is it reasonable to say that there is a chance that Green maxes out at peak Beal? Sure. But that is a 30 ppg scoring champ. But if he does max out at Beal, his progression trajectory probably stalled somewhere down the line which again, is something that can definitely happen. So I wouldn't even say Green maxing out at prime Beal is being a hater in itself. It's the rest of your points that are truly stupid.

But his ceiling is higher and your points are stupid. Jalen Green would have even higher efficiency and probably score even more next to an actual pg in Wall. KPJ I'm sure still is top 10 in the league in time of possession. He dominates the ball and is no where the playmaker for his teammates that Wall was. Second, when you call Green at 20 a chucker relative to Beal when Beal not only averaged significantly less ppg than Green but did it with WORSE efficiency I have to question whether it you are trolling or that stupid. Beal's TS% his second year was 51%. Green is at 55%. So Green has a worse pg, scores more and does it more efficiently than Beal at 20.

That chucker point literally makes zero sense when Green is significantly more efficient at 20 than Beal at 20.

mfastx and cbass like this.
  16. RocketsDraftTV

Beal is an empty stats loser, his scoring doesn’t translate to winning

if I’m not mistaken doesn’t Beal have an awful losing record when he scores 40,50 or even 60 points

17. fchowd0311

People like you have absolutely no idea about the level of competition in the NBA.

Beal paired with someone like prime AD, or Embid, or Jokic would be making runs in the postseason. He's a 1b or 2 on a contender. To say he's a loser because he never had star teammates outside of a always injured Wall is stupid.

cbass likes this.
  18. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Are you 12. Beal is a great player. He was carrying the wizards team in the playoffs with John Wall. They were just unlucky to run into Lebrons Cavs

fchowd0311 likes this.
  19. fchowd0311

Green as a defensive player is still an enigma to me in terms just not being able to accurately gauge it. Is he a poor defender? Average? Okay?

I think advanced analytics say he's very poor. Eye test on one on one situations say he frustrates star guards often.

I think currently Green's problem is that he isn't a versatile defender. He's only good at one thing right now on defense and that's defending on ball guards in mostly iso situations. He still struggles to navigate through screens but in the Hawks game it seemed like he is trying harder on fighting through screens and still being with Murray or Trae after the screen.

20. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Watching Green, I always just think about how efficient of a scorer he is. Doesn’t take a bunch of stupid shots and just hits the shots that he takes.

Frankly, I would like to see him be more selfish.

Personal opinion is Green tops out at top 5 in league. 30/6/6 type of guy with average D.

O-dawg, pippendagimp and xaos like this.