1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 11/20/2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 19, 2022.

1. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

From a certain perspective, soccer is the best example of why, while being right on the World Champions title, you are not right when comparing team quality.
    How long since South American team stopped winning the world title at club level? There is a point where budget and infrastructure are too much of a factor.

Surely, Real Madrid and Barcelona might compete against tanking NBA teams. But let us know, what is the expected outcome of a 7 series between a playoff team from your perspective?
    How many of those guys could compete at a final conference level? How many club teams are at that level?

I'm all about the international game, just trying to keep the conversation grounded.

2. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

A few thoughts after this game.

1) I thought Sengun struggled offensively this game. He had chances to be aggressive online and he backed out of plays or passed out. He also missed a Jabari cut which he passed late and turned the ball over, those are the types of passes he hits on.
    2) KPJ is a great scorer when he's on. He was on this game. On D, aside from the one highlight, he was lost most of the night. He really lacks discipline on the defensive end and loses his man on cuts, back screens, and regular off ball movement. Klay is a great shooter, yes. But he's also slow, can't dribble, and in a bad funk. KPJ's lack of defensive discipline was really exposed here.
    3) Jabari is still getting used to the speed of the NBA. On offense, he has often been tentative, taking too long to shoot, mistiming contests and rebounds, and not anticipating defensive rotations fast enough. This game I was pleased to see his offense coming along. Silas HAS to do more to keep Smith involved in the offense and not iced out of the offensive play for long stretches.
    4) Our starting lineup is just too weak defensively and offensively not cohesive enough. It settles into long runs of iso 'your turn my turn' possessions between green and KPJ and on D features 4 players that are not good defensively (kpj, green, eg, and sengun) and one who is only mediocre right now (smith). That lineup is going to struggle and needs to change.
    5) I am losing faith in Silas and am at the point where I think this team would benefit from a change. I don't see the progress between last season and this season for the core players who have been here. In fact, I often see regression, the same cavalier play, dysfunction, and messiness.

3. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

Just answering, not arguing:

Intercontinental cup was more competitive, 3 South American 2 European teams won 3 times. Argentina was the most successful country with 9 cups. Fifa Club World Cup is less competitive: 14 Euro winners to 4 South American. But at least they play for the title. 22% South America, 78% Europe. Europeans can not just call them world champions without competing.

Figures might apply for basketball, NBAs will win around 75% and Euros 25%..Euro final 4 teams easily can compete against non-conference semi-finalists (22 NBA teams). The remaining 8 teams will be difficult task for Euro teams but not impossible. When NBAs passes the other continents' winners it will be their earned right to be called as "world champion". It is much better/just than to be called "world champion" by armchair generals.

p.s: National league winner: World champion--------OXYMORON

4. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Teams constantly go at him defensively.

5. Alpifan

Alpifan Member

I agree. I think both Jalen and Alperen are very tired physically after all the road trips.

rockets1995 likes this.
  6. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Golden State rested all their stars tonight against the Pelicans........................................why not do it against us

bloodwings19 likes this.
  7. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

GSW was one of the worst team we played this season. They knew that they can't produce crazy 3pt percentage every night.They would lose with the stars.They just wanted to keep their confidence.

How many nights Klay can shoot 10/13 3pts? How many nights Steph can shoot circus ones?

We lost because of closing minute of 3rd quarter.conceded nearly 10 there.Otherwise GSW could not beat us.

8. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

GWS will be top 4 by the end of the season

FarmerFish likes this.
  9. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

I don't think so.

10. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

It doesn't make sense unless Curry has an agenda against the Rockets which I think he does (restaurant closed with good reviews :) NO Pelicans have a better record, Warriors have 2 enemies- The Pels- probaly feels disrespected and the Rockets. Hopefully when we are top dogs, we play at full strength when they are weaklings- eventually their time will be up.

Ankara1923 likes this.
  11. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

The comedy aspect is you throwing me in the Jalen Green fan club bucket.

What was also comedy was KPJ's literal zero effort on his first defensive play of the game.

What else is also comedy is this atrocious post because your feelings were hurt about someone calling out KPJ's loser attitude and mentality.

Here's an insane idea, how about you instead try to rebuttal the comment - good luck trying to explain away the play in question though - instead of just going the 'oh you said something I don't like I'm gonna label you as this now and I'm right you're wrong' route. It is a pathetic route to take. Even more pathetic when you consider the play it's in reference to.

KPJ and his fans go hand in hand.

RichieBanks223 likes this.
  12. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

They lost by 45.If their stars played they would lose by 15.Not a good team.

bloodwings19 likes this.
  13. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Warriors would have won. They are the reigning champions, can't right them off because of a few early season losses on the road

FarmerFish likes this.
  14. bmelo

bmelo Member

Bro just said Real Madrid have inferior infrastructure and budget lol. Its biggest club IN THE WORLD bro, their training center is like a village what you talking about

Ankara1923 likes this.
  15. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

KPJ played efficient this game against the Warriors.

Jalen Green not being aggressive in attacking. Fatigue I think is setting in with heavy minutes.

Jabari Smith played well and looks fresh not playing many games.

Alperen and Jalen needs their minutes reduced, it's too much. Josh Christopher needs minutes also, Tyty deserves backup minutes.

16. PatBev

PatBev Member

I thought Jalen was suppose to be the athletic freak how tf is he already fatigued. Hardens chunky ass played 36+ a night

To me it just looks like he didn’t take the off-season very serious

ArtV likes this.
  17. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

For once I respect the Warriors wanting to play against the Rockets.

The experience the Young Rockets playing against a Championship Core of Curry, Thompson, Green.

This experience and the playing style of off ball movement, cut to the rim plays Curry and Thompson play plus their 3 point shooting.

Jalen Green and KPJ need to play this way.
    Not be Iso, some shots they took were Zone Defense tough shots

Tari, Jabari, Alperen are system players

Tyty I believe can play within the team offense.

18. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Which coach would you like to replace Silas with?

19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

A coach with more experience who can make the right rotations and motivate the team. A defense first coach who is also creative on offense.
    I don't know if there's anyone available right now. We don't need Udoka.

20. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Do you lack confidence in Lionel Hollins defense?
    I'm of the belief the Grizz Grind Defense was more about Bzdelik