1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen is our best player.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Dec 10, 2021.

1. maj21

maj21 Member

On defense, yes! They’ll address that.
    Wemby
    Jabari
    KMJ/Tari
    Jalen
    KPJ
    That would be the starting 5, I promise you that

2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Love Sengun but he was completely exposed last night defensively, as expected.

He is simply not a starting center.

They should plug in Garuba with the starters and keep Sengun in his long term bench role, where there is less pressure defensively, and he is not competing with the lead guards for shots. That is how he will be maximized.

maj21 likes this.
  3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Everything in this post is wrong, and a lie.

aaquaa, CXbby, RudyTBag and 3 others like this.
  4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

honestly I love you @larsv8 but your posts are time and again exposed as mindless, brainless gibberish ....and hypocritical...

you are quitter(tanking is quitting) and you have no room to talk!

good night sister!

5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

as soon as a poster starts his writing 'i love sengun', you just know some sneaky bs is coming...

6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

7. larsv8

You guys are fan boys, a new era of the Lin groupies.

There is no discussion to be had, because you take honest criticisms of Sengun, personally.

There is nothing wrong with being objective about a player.

aaquaa, YOLO and maj21 like this.
  8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

ah if only they hada coach or somebody to advises them and teach them how to do it...in future that function should be instituted on every team

aaquaa likes this.
  9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

go back to your cave defeatist quitter!

clutchdabear and AroundTheWorld like this.
  10. maj21

maj21 Member

Linsanity all over again lol

11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

oh and looks whos got the room to talk ? a huge fan of tanking?!

tanking is the definition of the quit....

12. larsv8

Speaking of quitting, you guys just told me that Sengun quit.

Can't have weak willed guys on our team.

13. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Nothing whatsoever supports your baseless claims. Sengun had a neutral +/-. He ranks extremely highly in PER and many other statistical categories.

The Warriors beat us with their 3-point shooting (surprise), mostly while Alpi wasn't even on the court. They didn't beat us in the post.

It's actually so transparent and pathetic how you start the post with a lie "love Sengun" only to then jump into entirely baseless claims and lies ("got exposed defensively" - if anything, our perimeter defense got exposed - Sengun wasn't even on the court for more than half the game - "simply not a starting center" - most experts disagree - his performance and numbers are actually sensational for a 20 year old).

clutchdabear and Ankara1923 like this.
  14. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

Just watching Hawks-Cavs game. Mobley played 19 minutes at the first half, 2 points, 3 rebs, 2 assists, 1/3 fg made.
    I don't think there will be a chorus in Cleveland tomorrow shouting "bench Mobley, I love Mobley but..."

What makes you so toxic to mumble "keep Sengun in his long term bench" is a difficult case to be solved.Very strange.

clutchdabear and AroundTheWorld like this.
  15. larsv8

Its not difficult at all.

Mobely has defensive upside, Sengun doesn't

Its a completely rational take, unless you are person who puts Sengun before the team.

DaDakota and maj21 like this.
  16. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

W
    What defensive upside? Alpi got 7 rebs in 23 minutes, Mobley had 6 in 26 minutes.Mobley plays next to JAllen/RLopez/Kevin Love and Alpi plays with Jabari( a good one),EGordon.

Your biases are jaw dropping.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  17. larsv8

These aren't even coherent sentences.

18. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

Give me basketball answers.If I need linguistic skills I read Noam Chomsky, not your posts.

cryout75 likes this.
  19. larsv8

You have the answers, they have been given.

All you need to do is accept them.

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I think that's a bit too strong, ATW, particularly the last line, in my opinion. While I disagree with him as well about Sengun, I respect @larsv8 as a poster. I simply disagree with Lars about Sengun. Alperen is having his ups and downs as a 20 year old, which doesn't surprise me, considering his age and the bizarre rookie season he was given by Silas.

What I really find fascinating is the sudden interest and praise directed at Usman Garuba by many here. A lot of members are now singing Garuba's praises. Several previously called the kid a bust and a terrible pick by Stone (not Lars, that I can recall) in the draft last year, and some are simply paying serious attention to him for the first time, enough to post about Garuba.

Meanwhile, there are a few like me who posted before the draft that Stone should do whatever he could to draft the young player who played for Real Madrid, a top Spanish professional team, a team that for years had a deep interest in developing Garuba. Across the length of the Mediterranean, in Turkey, something similar was happening with Alperen Şengün.

What it took for the dramatic change to occur with the opinions of Usman was a string of strong performances by the guy. Something unsurprising to me, as I expected it sooner or later, but very surprising to a lot of members, enough that some even want him to start. The GARM can be more than a little schizophrenic about our players, in my humble opinion. It's something that is apparently contagious.

AlperenSengun and AroundTheWorld like this.