1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

John Fetterman vs Mehmet Oz

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Two Sandwiches, Aug 25, 2022.

1. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Right? If I'm conservative this is a race I'd rather forget, not a bear I'd continually poke.

mtbrays and ElPigto like this.
  2. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

FTFY.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  3. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I mean, they also voted for a dead guy, so it's a very limited achievement.

basso likes this.
  4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Electing a dead guy says a lot less about the voters than it does about whoever lost.

5. Nook

Nook Member

Has Ian Miles Cheong looked in the mirror? He looks like a cockroach with MS.

dmoneybangbang and Reeko like this.
  6. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I guess that's a cool headline, but why pretend like the Democrats would not have put someone else on the ticket for that particular election if it wasn't against the rules? Both parties elect dead guys from time to time and it will continue to happen from time to time until they update the rules to allow to run a different candidate.

Xopher likes this.
  7. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

It’s hard to have a unified attack on a blue-collar progressive male. That was much easier with AOC.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Ironically AOC was a waitress and bartender and Fetterman is more educated than her. AFAIK AOC fits the profile of blue collar way more than Fetterman.

I think that's an image and language problem.

If you saw both of them give a speech in the last two years, you'd absolutely think Fetterman was the brash, salt-of-the-earth, blue collar labor candidate while AOC was the overly polished, ivory tower, coastal elitist representing the PMC.

#568 DonnyMost, Nov 20, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2022
  9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

This plays with visceral tropes of identification as AOC has to try harder in order to be taken seriously and credibility. She's objectified by both sides and its weaponized in their blessed little heart ways (big booty Latina).

Fetterman needs to act like he doesn't try at all while getting things done on the down low. Such is the white male image for governing. Libs like it when the white guy defers (despite still hogging all the credit for said Leadership).

While the Good Ol Days Trump model is making decrees and seeing how things shake up. Sooo hot. Sooo alpha.

Neither actually reveal any true traits for leadership or governance but is seen as how these fools should behave by the American public and debate/electibility polling.

Nook likes this.
  10. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

TBF I think AOC leans into her image problem. She has done nothing to disabuse the public of the perception they have of her, if not actively encourages it. Right or not, she's the banner carrier for 'woke' urban college educated liberals.

You can call it gender or racial bias or whatever, but I feel like AOC does herself no favors in the public eye.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When Mel Carnahan died about 3 weeks before the election in 2000 he was posthumously elected to the Senate from MO. The issue then was that there wasn't time to print out new ballots with a different name. With much more early voting now that is an even bigger issue. IN the Carnahan case the HIs wife stepped in to run but his name was still on the ballot. The then governor of MO agreed to appoint his wife, Jean Carnahan, if Mel Carnahan won which is what happened.

12. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

AOC was a waittress in Queens and not Braddock, PA. She also went to Boston University and as a student had an internship in Ted Kennedy's office.

13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

AOC is also attractive -- Fetterman looks like a mash potato sculpture of a sasquatch.

No Worries likes this.
  14. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I've heard some women say they find Fetterman attractive. He's a big guy and has a strong sense of confidence. He's also got a pretty attractive wife so there are definitely women into Fetterman.

rockbox likes this.
  15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

No you haven't.

16. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

it's not that big, tbh.

17. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Think what you will. That said the last week of the election I was doing get out the vote so some of the women I were around were die hard Democrats.

18. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

That's cool and all but doesn't invalidate anything I said.

19. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Yes she was technically blue collar but here background also is East Coast elite.

Nook likes this.
  20. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

The point is that AOC worked a blue collar job but just because she did so for a short while I don't think that most people would consider her being blue collar and someone that would appeal to working class Rust Belt voters.

Nook and rockbox like this.