1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chapter 4: The Green Revolution

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Oct 16, 2022.

?

How many wins will Jalen lead us to?

1. 20-29 wins

125 vote(s)
    59.5%
  2. 30-39 wins

61 vote(s)
    29.0%
  3. 40-49 wins

11 vote(s)
    5.2%
  4. 50-59 wins

13 vote(s)
    6.2%
  1. i3artow i3aller

2. Shake_it_up

Shake_it_up Member

Lol was he the main guy on klay ...

3. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Green needs to have a big leap next year because the only difference in his game this year is adding 10lbs of muscle.

amaru likes this.
  4. CantStopJG24

CantStopJG24 Member

From what I saw he was mostly on Steph.

Anyways, Jalen gotta show me more in close games. He's money when we're down big and he goes on runs to cut the lead but he seems to be nowhere when the game is close.

He can't keep doing the 5 good games - 5 bad games dance. He lacks consistency.

5. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

With how up and down he still is, it feel like we’re riding a wave.

Jalen “Seaman” Green :p

Ready for the next swell to carry us up up up

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

When Green has bad games he looks like a entirely different player. His handles look awkward, his form looks different and more stiff.

It's so weird. You can almost guarantee if green is going to have a good game or bad game by just how his first shot looks like.

Roomba and amaru like this.
  7. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I thought he played okay. He got to the line a whole bunch even though he couldn't hit a jumper.

I think teams have figured out drop coverage just kills him, he needs some kind of pass once he is in the teeth of the defense because someone is open

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  8. O-dawg

O-dawg Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Young players do young things... like struggle to be consistent. It took Curry a few years to become the player he is today. Jalen will find his stride scoring wise. Defense continues to improve but as some have stated, I want him to want the ball late in games. I would love to see him call for the ball in crunch time. KPJ is nice and delivers on occasion but definitely wouldn't mind seeing someone else with the ball at the end of games.

9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I don't care about the defense but he's had 3 bad offensive games in a row... AGAIN

10. fchowd0311

Tonight probably wasn't the game for him to do that because KPJ was successfully breaking down the Warriors defense that game and Green was horrible. His teammates would probably lose respect for him tonight if he was demanding the ball in the 4th tonight.

11. O-dawg

Supporting Member

I actually don't feel he had that bad of a game. I don't expect for his shot to be on every night and tonight it wasn't, but I do expect him to be able to contribute in other ways. Play good D, create shots for his teammates, and get to the line.

What I'm talking about is his mindset. I'm looking for him to take the next step confidence wise. I don't care if he is 0-20, great players have the mentality that they are always the best option even when their shot is not falling.

12. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Totally agree. He’s learned to go to the line when his shot is not falling, which happens to the best of them.

He’s up to almost 6 FTA per game and needs to inch closer to 8.

Looks like we’re in for another upward swing for Jalen that “no one saw coming”.

This team is not built with players who selflessly don’t demand to bring the ball up for themselves. Those are rare these days, and I’m SO happy we have them. Jabari, Green and Sengun really need a PG who is interested in being a PG and prioritizes setting their teammates up.

I love KPJ but we should be about to allow him to develop and not be a bottleneck for the others. It will work out.

fchowd0311 and O-dawg like this.
  13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I don't expect his shot to be on every night but that's 3 stinkers in a row.

4-15
    2-10
    5-15

And the second stretch like that this season, which is a month old.

Im not "mind-blowingly amazed" by this.

14. O-dawg

Supporting Member

Yeah, the shot is up and down, but he still managed to get his team 16 points tonight with a few assists and no turnovers. I guess I'm a glass half full type of guy.

Like you I'm sure, it is not my first time observing young players and their shooting woes.... I've seen this before and the difference between him becoming an all-star or a player who is less relevant will be the work he puts in to improve the flaws in his game which will make these horrible shooting slumps become more of the exception.

Considering we're only 17 games into an 82 game season, still more than enough time for him to make that the case this season.

i3artow i3aller and Mathloom like this.
  15. apollo33

apollo33 Member

he was 1-8 from 3, that's what killed him. I don't think it's a stinker because he got to the line 8 times. He either scored or got the line on majority of his drives last night.

Mathloom likes this.
  16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He scored 16 points on 15 shots even with those FT's and was terrible defensively. It was a stinker of a game for him, it happens.

Pretending they don't happen isn't constructive.

17. fchowd0311

Yup. Green might not have the tight handles of KPJ...yet, but at least when he runs point he passes out and continues the flow of offense after like probing for like 5 seconds.

KPJ probes for like 20 seconds and either takes difficult shot which he made yesterday or dumps it off to a teammate for a low percentage look with the shot clock running out.

18. i3artow i3aller

:confused::rolleyes:

Carpe82 likes this.
  19. fchowd0311

Ya I don't get the criticism of Green with Klay's offense.

Green was shadowing Curry the vast majority of the game. He was mainly responsible for tracking Curry off ball as he's probably the most dangerous off ball scorer in league history.

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  20. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Yeah, to be honest neither one of them would be running the point for a serious team interested in maximizing wins.

Green is just made to be that guy who kills his defender. He's the guy you give the ball and he goes for the kill, and he stays in that killer mentality. I'm not sure I want him thinking about others. He's very Jordan-like in that sense. Jordan never wanted to be the PG, except when he wanted to take matters into his own hands.

KPJ as much as he's a great guy so far doesn't seem like a great fit with our team. He needs to be playing with a Doncic-type (someone who runs the show most of the time, doesn't care what you think of yourself) and a few veteran 3&D players who are not hungry for the ball. They're telling him to be himself while 4 other players b**** and moan about getting enough touches, it's so stupid you have to believe Silas is complicit in tanking. It might require an MDA-type coach who shows him his shot quality is not improving in those 20 seconds so he might as well bet on himself and just take the shot early rather than trying to convince everyone he tried hard.

Having said that I support all our guys and have hope that KPJ will improve.

#360 Mathloom, Nov 21, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2022