1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Commanders @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Nov 15, 2022.

1. Nook

Nook Member

President Biden has sent the FBI to investigate the Commanders for a hate crime against the Texans.

2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

You said you didn't pay to watch the coaches. I thought that meant you had tickets

raining threes likes this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

I don’t care about attendance.

People will show up enough in a city the size of Houston.

I don’t care if they are going to have all their draft picks next year because they have shown that they are poor draft evaluators.

I don’t care if the coach is fired, because they will just hire and over pay some other loser to run their franchise.

I know their GM is bad, because no GM worth their salt would make the decisions that have been made or continue working for an owner that has the intelligence or emotional fortitude of a child.

It’s broken and it all starts at the top. If I am a top QB in this draft, I’m letting Cal and his cronies know there is no way in hell I am ruining my career with this **** show.

charlieaustin, B-Bob, HillBoy and 6 others like this.
  4. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Well, That won't be the case after 2023 and 2024 drafts. Add Free Agents and this team competes. People talk out of both sides of their mouths: "I want to Tank", then complain: "They suck and don't win...". Can't have it both ways. Mills is a backup QB at best.

If you want Bryce Young or CJ Stroud, sucking is the way to go. It is not pleasant to watch, but neither were the Astros. No one knew if Luhnow's teared-down plan would work. No one knew how good of an owner Jim Crane would be after he accepted the move to the AL (by force) and that Comcast sports fiasco. You say Cal McNair is clueless and gullible. He let BoB and Easterby ruin the franchise. Fair. However, that doesn't mean he can't correct his mistakes. I think hiring Caserio, preventing McCown in 2021(he did stop that hiring then), and understanding you couldn't hire him in 2022 after the Flores lawsuit. For all his faults, Lovie Smith is an adult. The results haven't played out on the field, but at least the organization is trying to correct itself. Easterby being pushed out is the final piece to really start a turnaround. Next year's draft is big.
    Talk to me after 2024. Let's see what happens in the next 2 years. If the Texans are 4-13, then it won't get any better for a long time. If they are winning, well...

And the coach.... maybe someone else before 2024...have to wait.

5. Fantasma Negro

Nook you can't be this mad at this limp noodle of a team. These are the early stages of a rebuild. So far we know Davis Mills is a pretty decent backup qb and that Pep is probably not the guy at OC. This team is not a qb away from being good, there are a lot of issues on the roster and coaching staff. Don't let the Texans ruin the football season for you, watch the good teams in the league play too

#185 Fantasma Negro, Nov 20, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2022
    Big Tex, raining threes and Nook like this.
  6. Fantasma Negro

Biden has no clue who the Texans are

Nook, Big Tex and kdchilds like this.
  7. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

What’s frustrating is 2021 was supposed to be the trough year and things were supposed to start looking a little better this year. Instead this franchise took 3 steps backwards.

8. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

I think the 02 Texans beat the 2022 Texans. Better coach, qb and run defense.

9. Buck Turgidson

You were saying this when BoB was the GM

vinsensual and YOLO like this.
  10. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Broken clock is right twice a day?

Maybe?

Eventually?

11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Oh boy

B-Bob and Uprising like this.
  12. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

NO...I wasn't. Go look again. I was ok with BoB as HC. I never wanted BoB as GM.

13. Jay713

Jay713 Member

or what FBI means

Fantasma Negro likes this.
  14. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

I do feel bad for tanking teams coaches that are still expected to talk about improving, blah, blah, blah.

Lovie knows he has a compete pile of crap front 7 and at best a career backup QB. Everyone knows it’s a talent deficiency but no one can say it.

raining threes likes this.
  15. raining threes

Agreed,

You didn't like Caserio's draft last year? I did, although I would've gone heavy on the trenches last year.

16. Houstonharden

Houstonharden Member

Houston had just 148 total yards yesterday. 18 rushing yards LOLOL WTF time to hit the restart button yet again. Starting rookies on the OL causing the garbage qb to get pressured all game smh

17. Kemahkeith

Kemahkeith Member
    Supporting Member

Man......
    I can smell the stench of the Texans all the way up here in NY.

On a good note, all things Texans are DEEPLY discounted on NFL shop.
    The perfect Christmas present for the one you don't care all that much about.

whag00, red5rocket, B-Bob and 3 others like this.
  18. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

No doubt in my mind that Georgia would clap this team.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  19. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I doubt many people in this country outside Houston could even name 2 players on our team. The days of Watt, Cushing, Hopkins, Clowney, and Foster are like distant memories. Now we have a wet noodle defense, a lousy QB our dumb coach keeps playing, no All-Star receivers, and our best RB just got 8 yards total in our last game in 10 carries.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  20. Nook

Nook Member

Time will tell with this draft, but no, I haven't overall really been impressed with their talent evaluation.