1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Silas needs to be fired for the way he treats Alperen Sengun

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Nov 18, 2022.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

so its not the stamina or lack of 3pt shoot?

Ankara1923 likes this.
  2. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Some people on this forum do not understand the talent Sengun has. He has elite talent in his passing and a very good post up player. When a coach demand his players to double team a player, who is only in his 2nd year that mean the coach respect his talent. He can post up any player, dribble past many centers in the league and has elite passing as The Joker. Silas, does not like Sengun because he does not fit what Silas want as a Center. A good coach will change his offense philosophy to relate to his players. Silas will not change his philosophy for the sake of these talented young players.
    END OF THE DAY WE MUST DECIDE BETWEEN SILAS OR THE YOUNG PROSPECTS WE HAVE. The market usually show the value of coaches and players, if we put Sengun on the trade block there would be many team falling over themselves wanting to trade with us. If we fire Silas, he will not find a head coaching job the following day, month or year. He been a offensive assistant for two decades and he never lead a team to any playoffs or championship. We cannot continue to play sandlot basketball in the NBA, we need to setup plays for Jabari, Jalen and Sengun. We need to run our offense through Sengun sometimes and draw up plays for Jabari because he is a rhythm shooter. This team is better than last year but we almost played 20 games so far this season and we have not improved from Day 1 of the season to now. We look like we do not know what he are doing. we lost games that we should have won and our building blocks of our Franchise are not developing. Sengun is one of our most important prospects and Silas needs to run some offense through him and pass the ball to him when he is posting up players under the basket.

aaquaa, arno_ed, hakeem94 and 2 others like this.
  3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you forgot Silas's racism :cool:

Verbal Christ likes this.
  4. maj21

maj21 Member

They forget that the center position is the most important on the floor. There’s a reason teams hunt him on defense every game, especially late. He should finish games tho, for tanking reasons jk ;)

Ren ason likes this.
  5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

why restrict this to centers only? he can dribble past many players in the league...

aaquaa likes this.
  6. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

and people were swearing they saw him huffing and puffing when running down the court....

Ankara1923 likes this.
  7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

There is ONE poster who says that. That doesn't invalidate all the legit criticism of how Silas treats Alpi.

aaquaa likes this.
  8. maj21

maj21 Member

Poor Alpi, getting picked on by Silas :(

Ren ason likes this.
  9. Jontro

Jontro Member

silas doesn't like the way senjoon talks to the ball at the ft line

10. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

I think it's pronounced "Sin Gone"

11. Jontro

Jontro Member

wat. i need to start watching the games and listen in. thought yalls said it's senjoon. i also pronounce it ja-berry

Ankara1923 likes this.
  12. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Funny how it’s just no big deal getting swept under the rug huh? No “sorry” “my bad I don’t understand English that well” nothing. Let’s just keep discussing when the legitimacy of the argument was destroyed. These MFers want incense burning at a shrine. Talking bout “I don’t see anyone being nice to Sengun” when almost every single member here has given him his props. When he isn’t adored as a great hope it’s because of conspiracy or racism? To throw Islamophobia out there with Dream being a city hero? Pathetic. These idol worshippers are the guys tarnishing Alpy and goes beyond anything I’ve seen here. Were the Lin guys going full bigot too I can’t remember?

Damn shame this rebuild fractured the fan base the way it did makes me wonder if it will ever bounce back.

O-dawg and maj21 like this.
  13. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

one poster

14. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

it's a young team and folks just have to wait it out. And people hated JB Bickerstaff the way they hate Silas. folks will just have to wait that out too, and see if Silas improves as the team improves . . . although I'm somewhat less optimistic about Silas

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

it just so happens to be one poster right now…there have been several others who have said the same sh*t just recently

16. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

Segun is slow and can't jump. He can't shoot over bigger and/or bouncier centers, nor can he out rebound them. And when teams go small he can't keep up with forwards when they run or are out on the perimeter. He looks like Enes Kanter - a guy who can average a double-double on a bad team but can't play for a good one. If we get Wembanyama, I can't see how he fits in with Wembanyama, Smith, Eason, and Garuba - those guys are all longer, faster, switchable. And if we get Scoot Henderson, I don't see Segun getting any shots. What is his path?

maj21 and Ren ason like this.
  17. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

BREAKING NEWS: Legitimate sources are claiming that if Silas contnues to win only one out of ten games, he’ll be on the “hot seat” next year.

Ren ason likes this.
  18. Caesar

Caesar Member

Silas would have never allowed this and will never let Alpy try this. Hell, maybe we'll see it run for KPj

Ankara1923 likes this.
  19. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

lol. it was never about the win totals as much as it was about progress. Pretty much none.

AroundTheWorld and Ren ason like this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am still in the reality that some are good, great and some are just not it given equal opportunities.

Silas was given a questionable situation but he also wasn't much of a disciplinarian.

Os Trigonum likes this.