1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Move Green to PG

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Nov 12, 2022.

1. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Trade Gordon for a serviceable starting point guard, and then move KPJ to small forward.

Plowman and kiwirocketsfan like this.
  2. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

You would have to give up a LOT more than just Ego

3. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Welp...that didn't workout great.

Bobbythegreat and SamFisher like this.
  4. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Not as easy to run point in the NBA as everyone thought huh? Maybe TyTy will do better with his Jr high physique.

[​IMG]

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  5. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He knows that.

6. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

1 game sample size and the kpj only fans are cheering/happy at Jalen green for failing.

U folks ain't no different from the sengun only fans.

7. dmoneybangbang

I don’t think we have our PG/facilitator/distributor on the current roster yet.

Neither KPJ or Green can consistently do it throughout the game.

tycoonchip and DaDakota like this.
  8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's that it was obvious to all Rockets fans what was going to happen if he had to do all of the heavy lifting himself... but Jalen Green fans have been pushing the same false narrative for over a year now.

Rockets fans knew Jalen Green wasn't ready yet, they knew how much he relied on KPJ.... and yet we kept getting stupid threads like this one.

I think Rockets fans are just looking for the player first and player only fans to take a step back and admit their zealous advocacy for individual players led them a bit astray.

9. xaos

xaos Member

Having Green play point is going to hurt his development, not help

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Well, no....I wanted to see Green there, but it was just as I said, Silas has simplified it for Green to where all he has to do is attack and KPJ's gravity allows Green more avenues to attack from.

It was clear that Green needs someone to draw attention to give him room to operate.

Now, if we could just get a coach to put in a system.

DD

Dobbizzle likes this.
  11. CantStopJG24

CantStopJG24 Member

Jalen has never played PG in his life. Why would anyone think he would somehow thrive there? With his ball handling he’ll always be a secondary playmaker which is fine. There’s nothing wrong with a SG being a SG.

Denovo and xaos like this.
  12. a time to chill

Jalen Green is a shooting guard, not a point guard. He turns the ball over just as much as KPJ.

13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Nah. It was just Green going through one of his slump games shooting wise, and Sengun still struggles with more athletic shot blocking big men.

Has nothing to do with KPJ gravity - he might be a black hole but his total mass is very low

14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Green gets half of 1 game and KPJ gets 4 years. You KpJ fans make me sick.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I disagree, Green had no room to operate or drive - or less than usual.

He needs a bit of space - and they were clogging the paint with bigs.....needed a midrange game....

Either way, Green, nor KPJ are PGs but they are going to try to make KPJ into at least a servicable one....

And we have 2 more years of that.

DD

16. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

A bunch of words from a kpj stan and anti green fan, all I know Is kpj ain't the answer at pg. He maybe the best ballhandler etc etc, but asking him to do something he's not good at is just setting the team up for failure.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I could see how a player first fan like yourself would view it that way. Since you are a player first fan, you assume everyone else is as well.

The truth is that I'm just a Rockets fan. I point it what is best for the team. It's not being "anti Green" pointing out that he's not ready to do the heavy lifting and he needs KPJ so as to not be set up for failure.

I had hoped Green would've taken a larger step forward in the off-season and be able to shoulder more of the ball handling and creation responsibilities, but he's not there yet. That means KPJ has to do more of it than desirable.... but the season is just starting and Green showed a lot late last season so there's plenty of hope he'll be where I wanted him to be at the start of the season by the end of the season.

Those who think in simple minded terms when it comes to basketball will keep talking about a "real PG" blissfully ignorant that the league has moved beyond that. The future will be combo guards and point forwards. The Rockets have 2 amazingly gifted guards and when Green is ready they'll be an unstoppable combo guard tandem.

The whining of player first and player only fans won't change that.

18. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

No I'm a concerned Rockets fan and when I see kpj do poorly at pg with awful turnovers, the best course of action is too bench his a$$ so he can learn or find a pass pg to run the offense. Our offense has no ball movement whatsoever under kpj control. The best way to utilize him is stagger his mins or make him the official 6th man.

We need someone to control the offense and kpj is not the one to do that.

If u want sengun to run the offense then maybe kpj can b in the starter line up.

What's best for the team is to trade kpj or make him a sixth man. Forcing him to b something he's not is not good for his development.

Carpe82 likes this.
  19. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

All you have to do is go back to the New Orleans game a week ago to see why your theory is wrong.

Rockets get down 18 thanks to a woeful performance by KPJ.

The bench crew and Green - sans KPJ, go on a 34-6 run to put them up 8. Green in particular is sizzling, scoring at all 3 levels.

At 8 minutes KPJ THE GRAVITY MAN checks in and promptly brings the lead, the Rockets and Green - who barely gets to handle the rest of the way- back to earth.

Carpe82 likes this.
  20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Of course that would be the response from someone like you... and when you see Jalen Green do even worse with awful turnovers you make excuses for it or blame others.

That's my entire point. The hilarious hot takes of player first and player only fans are great to laugh at, but never to be taken seriously.