1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Suns express interest in KJ Martin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zeeshan2, Nov 18, 2022.

1. maj21

maj21 Member

Hell no!!

2. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

How does this make the Suns any better? Why would they ever do this?

4. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

He is currently like he could possibly ever be.
    Similar to Garrison Mathews last year... he was on top of his game.

What is the next gear for Kj? Growing taller and getting longer??

5. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

KJ is a complimentary piece. We don’t have anything for him to compliment, so he is getting a lot of time to throw highlight dunks down. I agree… sell high.

6. Risingred

Risingred Member

I looked at this trade is like playing NBA live 2005. The Suns would be dumb to do this.

7. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I think he can get much better defensively and maybe shoot a little higher percentage .... I don't think this is the very best he can be, there's more to tap into ... these guys are all really young and still getting better.

Sure, he's a complimentary piece ... but I think he's a high value complimentary piece and you need those type of players to win.

Lacking these kinda player really cost this franchise in going from a 65 win 1 seed Conference finals team to a 4 seed and a second round exit .... they went from Ariza and Luc to James Ennis and Broke Melo and trading Capela for Covington & Bell trying to rectify the mistake.

If you can keep that kind of player around on a good contract, you do it .... Unless you are getting back a legit top tier superstar in return.

8. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Of that guy's 775 posts .... 773 of them are bad trades in the random trade thread ..... trades that make no sense ..... just scroll past them, save yourself the time reading it - you can never get it back.

9. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

10. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

I was all for trading K-mart jr. till the last couple of weeks when he's stepped his game up but tonight really cemented it for me.
    I WOULD NOT trade him!

Tate, yes!
    Ego, YES!!!
    It's EG's time to play for a contender.
    He's going to be the difference in winning some extra games as the year goes on and I'm in V-tank mode this year!

But KMj, no way!
    We need his athleticism if for nothing more than morale purposes.
    I mean for nights when they're (other team) packin' Alpie and Jabroni's you know what in and dunking all over them on the other end we NEED KMJ's (once or twice a game) in-your-face dunks just to make sure the collective manhood of our team doesn't take a giant nosedive.

I'm totally serious!
    Hold on to junior!!!

#70 rfrocket, Nov 19, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2022
    Imanimal, lionaire and AroundTheWorld like this.
  11. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I get what you are saying, and I agree, all the way up until this:
    “you do it .... Unless you are getting back a legit top tier superstar in return.”

If that were KJ’s worth, you would just keep him yourself. We don’t just need legit top tier superstars on this team, we need legit NBA starters. I don’t think KJM is one of those, but if he could help facilitate one, I’m all for it.

I think he is a valuable piece on a winning team, and would love to have him here once we are one. But for us to get there, we are going to have to sacrifice some assets.

Aruba77 likes this.
  12. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Glad some of y’all are seeing the light and potential w KJ… Imagine if KPJ was coming off the bench while Augustine starts lol

STONE - we’re lottery bound regardless, please trade Tate and EG so the youngsters can get plenty of minutes…..

13. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

KMJ is a good player, but if they make us an offer we can’t refuse? Trade him because we are still a few years away.

Plowman likes this.
  14. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

this. There are no easy decisions. At some point we are going to have to consolidate some talent to take the next step. And we may kick ourselves in the ass if one of our talented prospects finds another level on another team. But we got to take some chances to get better. We can horde picks but w can’t horde prospects; there’s only so many minutes and roster spots. KJ, Tate and EG should all be very available for trade. None of those guys are cornerstones for our future.

theDude likes this.
  15. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

EGO, KMJ, and the Bucks’ FRP for Bridges. Take it or leave it, Suns.

16. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

What a terrible deal for a DPOY runner up.

17. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

I know. We're giving up a lot! The Suns are lucky we're even offering this much!

18. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

LOL - I love that our fans are unwilling to trade role players on the worst team in the league.

I'm actually not in favor of most trades either but not because I think our guys are too good to give up. I just think we're not at the stage where it matters to move around role players.

We need to establish a superstar. We should be focusing on draft.

I just think people get frustrated watching a losing team.

I don't know how many times we have to repeat...this is what most rebuilds look like!

snowconeman22 likes this.
  19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

This is what I'm talking about! CP3 with this young dynamic team would be a perfect fit. KJ, Tate, Gordon and throw J Gizzup in there with an early 2nd rounder. Chris Paul would get the team right on the floor.

20. raining threes

That was a bad extension.

Can they find a promising young PG for KMJ?

If so, I'm all in.