1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I HATE TO SAY.....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hlmbasketball, Nov 18, 2022.

1. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I told you all so BUT I told you all SO!

From Roosh to the guys on the Chop Shop to all of the other local pundits! Our best ball handler and playmaker is KPJ. Not Green, not Sengun, not nobody else on this team!

He's just young, so, he's going to make mistakes, we got to give KPJ time and stop complaining!

2. Rockets4Life13

The team is built around KPJ being the point guard. The 2nd best point guard and main ballhandler on this team is Nix.

That should tell you all you need to know. None of these guys is used to running the offense for an extended period of time.

It's similar to how the Mavs looked like complete and utter garbage without Luka and they have a competent player in Dinwiddie leading the offense.

All of that doesn't mean we should keep KPJ at PG. It just means we need to get a capable PG

jacoby, alethios, Tmac1Yao11 and 17 others like this.
  3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

^ this guy answered it completely. Can close the thread now.

4. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Sure won't hear me complain anymore about KPJs point guard duties after this debacle.. I'll only insinuate that he should be 6th man or moved.. But I promise you, I damn sure won't complain about his point guard duties unless Ty comes in and shines during his stints..

5. maj21

maj21 Member

Everyone thought Jalen was gonna drop 40 lol.. you can say KPJ is not a PG, but he’s our best option at the moment

6. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

You came to this conclusion after what, 1st game ever for Green as a PG? And then you say got to give KPJ time because he’s young. How old is Green again? LOL. What an idiot.

jacoby, BHannes2BHonest, BigM and 2 others like this.
  7. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

dude, we were the worst team in the league before tonight and we are still the worst team in the league, with or without KPJ.

as to your, “I told u so argument”, KPJ may be better than anything we have at the point guard spot. It doesn’t mean he’s a good point guard. He’s not.

you’ve correctly discerned that we don’t have a decent point guard on the roster. But let’s not act like a KPJ led backcourt has been anything other than a losing proposition for this team. Talented guard but not a point guard.

peleincubus and Mister Beard like this.
  8. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I'm just saying it was obvious KPJ was missed. The PG duties are difficult and everybody can't do it.

9. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Just saying, we shouldn't be beating KPJ down when he has a difficult game.

I think this game showed how it takes time to become a good PG.

Zen Tabak likes this.
  10. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

He was missed for his scoring ability. I for one don’t miss his “PG” duties.

persian hoopa and hakeem94 like this.
  11. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

i don’t disagree with you that it takes time. But he hasnot really shown anything to give one the impression that he’s the answer at the point. That’s all I’m saying. It’s a big deficiency KPJ or not. Look at what Halliburton is doing for the lowly Pacers.

12. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

KPJ is the best point guard on the team. That does not mean that he should be your point guard...

13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

small sample size baby...you just exposed your ignorance...silence is golden...

Joe Rocket likes this.
  14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

alpi is a better pg than kpj... and its not even close

LeDakota and Joe Rocket like this.
  15. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

You're missing the point. Green and others can play PG for small segments the game but to do it the whole game is a different.

You still have to score, you still have to get others involved, you still have to control the momentum of the game.

By the way, we can hold a conversation without retaliation.

16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

SENGUN IS YOUR POINT GOD!
    JUTS GIVE HIM THE BALL AND MOVE OUT OF THE WAY!

Joe Rocket likes this.
  17. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Where was he tonight?

18. dmoneybangbang

I mean.... we've been one of the worst teams in the league with KPJ making many of the decisions. I tend to think the main distributor, table setter isn't on the roster yet.

payaso and Hank McDowell like this.
  19. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

If you're intelligent, that's all it takes is a small sample size to see the obvious.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Not before you say Sengün. ;)