1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The 2023 Baseball Season - Things to Come

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by jim1961, Nov 6, 2022.

1. cbass

cbass Member

Who says I’m not?

But really, the simplest answer is MLB isn’t spamming Clutchfans baseball message boards with their opinions.

Also, nobody called it a crime, not sure why you’re using quotes there.

2. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Much worse. people go fast on 610 and 45 unless there is lots of traffic. Atlanta, the traffic just sucks and people frustrate you with their crappy driving. I can say with great certainty that Houston has the best drivers in the country and I've driven in every major city.

13 in 33 likes this.
  3. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

I'm sensitive to persecution and Martyrdom, but you make a valid point. Patience with sinners, but choosing to make a stand only when required to make an ungodly choice.

4. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

What will be the next card to fall? An unexpected extension? A new GM? A new player?

5. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Not even sure what this means. I just don’t even think he believes the tomahawk chomp stuff he’s saying. So I responded with a troll “woke” response.

Certainly you’re mistaken if you took my post literally or thought that I meant someone actually forced me to respond to it. Sometimes words on the internet don’t come across the way they were intended.

The real blame is on @Marshall Bryant for “going out of his way”, as you would put it, to politicize every thread.

Snake Diggit and cbass like this.
  6. cbass

cbass Member

All good man. Sorry for coming at you.

Go Stros

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

9. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

Good move for LA. Both Urshela and Anderson are high risk high reward plays and the type of moves the Angels should be making. They still need another good SP and almost an entire BP but their lineup has a chance to be very good with a little luck.

10. the shark

the shark Member

Congrats to (Houston/The Woodlands) Paul Goldschmidt winning NL MVP!!!

King1 and Marshall Bryant like this.
  11. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

This post could potentially age like milk, but there isn't any combination of moves the Angels could make that would have me worried about them competing for the AL West title next year. I just don't take that organization seriously whatsoever.

The Beard and crose like this.
  12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

The only thing they could have going for them is the most healthiest possible year where Rendon/Trout/Ohtani/rest of pitching staff never gets injured.

They just don't have the depth in the minors to withstand lengthy IL stints for their main guys.

13. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Was never the same after the league cracked down on illegal sign stealing...

Yordan The Great likes this.
  14. BlindHog

BlindHog Member

That needs to go both ways. It only works if it is reciprocal.

15. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

The fact that he literally plays our 2 positions of need…. But no. I dont want him. For the same reason Yankees and dodgers shouldn’t want marwin/correa. But those fan bases don’t care I guess. Also, he has fallen off a CLIFF.

that being said, it would be fun to humble him. Offer him 1 year 8 mil. Then fix him and put his pic next to yordan on the dodgers loss page. Also, I don’t want him.

16. Qan

Qan Member

1 year $2mil, and I want to see him carry Altuve's luggages.

17. Yordan The Great

See now THIS is more than fair compensation. Notice he didn't say Altuve's jock.

18. awc713

awc713 Member

Bellinger seems like a very NYY-type move /pick-up. There’s been some chatter in the other thread about HOU signing him, but I for one hope the Astros never emtertain in the idea of continuing Bellinger’s MLB career.

jim1961 likes this.
  19. Yordan The Great

Jesus it would be just like the Yankees to sign another loser like Bellinger. Please do it.

King1 likes this.
  20. jayfree

jayfree Member

Exactly, The dude is a skinny Chris Davis.

King1 likes this.