1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KPJ - Just let it fly baby!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Nov 16, 2022.

1. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

2. i3artow i3aller

:eek:

[​IMG]

3. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

BAM! BAM! BAM! LOL

I just don't understand all the hate towards KPJ. It never made sense to me. If we don't have high expectations this year, that EVERYBODY is young and still learning and since KPJ is one of those players....WHY ALL THE HATE TOWARDS JUST HIM?

Verbal Christ likes this.
  4. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Those were definitely good shots so I can't even see how someone would justify saying they were bad.

People aren't bullying him. He brought it on himself with his actions. He's got a long ways to go to make up for quitting at halftime. If he was just an inconsistent player the reactions towards him would be a lit different imo.

I enjoyed your shot tracking and appreciate the effort. It's definitely cool to see. Personally. I would like to see him as a 6th man. That's not an insult. I think he could thrive there.

He played very well last game. No argument from me

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  5. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Results only analysis
    He's in the 28th percentile among 22-year old guards and younger in TS% (10 MIN/G min). Better than Cade! (I'd be a little worried if I was a Pistons fan)
    He's in the 44th percentile among 22-year old guards and younger in Ass/TO.
    He's in the 18th percentile among 22-year old guards and younger in TO Ratio. Better than Nix!

Porter is one of the most inefficent NBA players. He's one of the most ineffcient NBA players for his age.

Porter can make all the good looks he wants, but if he's not making them and the players he's passing it to aren't making them....he's not making good looks. (Granted, I don't blame KPJ for Jabari being ice cold to start the season.)

I highly doubt the Rockets go into the 2024 season with Porter as the primary playmaker without some drastic improvement this season. I'd love for Porter to become efficient, but I guess I'm a hater because I don't think he is efficient right now.

Easy, foggy94 and Nook like this.
  6. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

[​IMG]

hlmbasketball likes this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

People confuse high usage for being good.

Getting 20/6/6 means nothing if you are inefficient and high usage.

As for Cade Cunningham, I never felt he was one of the two or three best prospects over the last decade plus, like a lot of draft experts felt. Cade has good size, good court vision and he can control tempo well. However, he didn't shoot well in high school and he had a relatively small sample size in college and everyone acted as if he suddenly learned to shoot .. and he didn't really. He also doesn't have a great first step.

If Cade learns to really shoot, with his height and passing ability, he can he an All NBA team type player, but that may take time.

i3artow i3aller and jordnnnn like this.
  8. i3artow i3aller

:D

Nook and King1 like this.
  9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I do think if he and Jalen would switch roles KPJ's scoring numbers would go up very fast, as would his scoring efficiency.

And Jalen's would go down.

DD

10. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Yeah context matters. Perfect example is that 18 shots and 15 FTs for a whopping 20 points performance. Yes he had 20 points. But…

Nook likes this.
  11. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

I couldn’t care less whose numbers go up and whose down. If Green playing PG can create more easy looks for himself AND OTHERS, I’m all for it.

12. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

@King1
    @daywalker02

See when you only hear some of one story....you probably only get
    some of the truth.

King1 likes this.
  13. juanm34

juanm34 Member

I agree. We need a real PG to run the offense so KPJ can focus on catching and shooting.

14. King1

I don't care about Miles Bridges ( this isn't a shot at you but just being 100). He's garbage. If you're telling me the girl involved is garbage too I definitely beluga that. Tends to work that way.

As it relates to KPJ the history is there. Look, I know people deserve second chances. I was really happy we got him for free and he seemed to embrace Houston. Then he quit at halftime. There aren't two sides to that story.

Look, I lived how he played the other night and gave him credit. Hopefully he builds on that. I don't trust him but I will acknowledge when he's playing well. I don't want him to fail but I need to see it to finish the season. We're going to lose but he can definitely do what he did the other night. If ge does I'm pretty sure everyone will be happy

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  15. King1

That's fine and I think you may be accurate. Doesn't matter as long as we get the best out of both players. Let Jalen lead the offense

16. LeDakota

LeDakota Member

KPJ let it fly on @DaDakota's belly baby.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

19. Nook

Nook Member

Rockets management is more delusional than KPJ. I can’t decide if they think the fans are stupid or if management is that stupid.

KPJ has almost zero value around the league.

amaru and King1 like this.
  20. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Yeah I posted how Barkley threw a guy thru a plate glass window.....and I believe
    you posted that it was ok. Barkley was defending a woman who had a drink
    spilled on her. Reports have it that the drink was spilled on Barkley.

I can show you different articles stating KPj was visiting his sister at
    her apartment when two women started a verbal altercation which
    turned into a physical altercation. Porter stepped in the middle.

Different stories of KPj hitting/pulling the hair of one woman while others
    state he was just separating them.

Point being many people can see dollar signs when celebrities or stars
    are out in public. Going for a cash settlement. A quick payday.

King1 likes this.