1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The 2023 Baseball Season - Things to Come

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by jim1961, Nov 6, 2022.

1. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

I can see you’re deeply offended.

Btw, you shouldn’t use the term ownership. It brings up racial undertones from the past, and it’s offensive. :eek::rolleyes:

Shame on you for prompting me to defend the ****ing braves. Geezus.

2. Yordan The Great

Time to get this discussion back on track.

Take all that crap elsewhere.

3. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

That's what I said when sports decided to dispense crap. Now you can't discuss the sport without addressing it's involvement.

4. cbass

cbass Member

Nobody prompted you to do anything, you went out of your way to interject and then complained about doing so.

Par for the course for people with viewpoints similar to what you expressed, though.

5. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

This started with MLB. It was a statement about MLB by me which prompted this discussion which you freely participated labeling us as the ones who introduced politics which you obviously have no problem with as long as it aligns with yours. Back to the source. MLB has now made sports a political topic by the mere discussion of baseball and it's selection of All Star game sites.

#145 Marshall Bryant, Nov 18, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2022
  6. panamamyers

panamamyers Member
    Supporting Member

Just because MLB did it doesn't mean we have to follow their lead and let it seep into this forum. It was a rash decision by MLB at a time when a lot of rash decisions were taking place across the country. I feel like we have left that era behind as a nation, but I doubt it will have any effect on whether or not they get a future all star game.

7. cbass

cbass Member

I didn’t even address you and I never labeled anyone as anything.

Are you replying to the right person?

For the record though, whenever I check these threads and the discussion has devolved into politics, it is ALWAYS and invariably you who started it.

8. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

I do, but I understand your wish to go back to the Sport free from these distractions and I have tried to make my comments brief and move on. which I will now do. We do have this desire in common, if nothing else.

9. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

Instead of trying to make your political comments brief, maybe instead try to make you political comments nonexistent.

cmlmel77, prospecthugger and cbass like this.
  10. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Yes....I drove in Houston for years.... I've driven through LA.... the handful of times I've driven through Atlanta put those 2 cities to shame.

11. the shark

the shark Member

I agree with this about Atlanta. The 10-12 times I've been there the traffic was horrible (worse then Houston in my humble opinion).

12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

make no political comments.

13. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

I won't if y'all won't. But I'll be damned if You make political statements and call them non political and let it go unchallenged. My post was frustration at MLB being political and you just go about your merry way, right? Wrong. You willingly decide to divert the thread and make your political statements having nothing to do with baseball while blaming me.

14. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

He chose not to bet on himself and take guaranteed money. The guy is 33, and has bounced around a lot as a mediocre pitcher. Can't blame him for taking $20M extra knowing he could easily get hurt or experience a steep drop off at any point.

15. cbass

cbass Member

Once again, it is ALWAYS YOU who makes things political. Always. Across multiple threads too. I come here looking for some news on JV or if we’re gonna add a 1B and I have to sift through your abhorrent political takes.

If you don’t want to be called out on it, keep those thoughts to yourself and stick to baseball.

Please. Sincerely.

16. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Atlanta can be bad traffic wise like any city, but not always. Biggest issue for years was constant construction. The most consistent area of terrible traffic I encounter is just south of ATL. A few years ago they put in express lanes that only go one direction at a time, so they are going North in the morning and South in the evening. I tend to be going to opposite, so they are often worthless to me as I sit stuck in traffic. They could have easily put in 2 extra lanes going both directions for the amount of road space those express lanes take up and alleviated so much more traffic. But no...

I also hate having to basically drive to Marietta instead of Atlanta to go to the games, though now that I've learned where to park, getting in and out of the stadium and on my way home has become a breeze. Usually about an extra hour getting to the stadium between where Turner is and where Truist is, but I encounter zero traffic on the way home usually.

17. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

There's a lot to be said for guaranteeing an extra $20M, even over two years. Some are satisfied with enough and others go for the MOST thinking they are invincible. I am glad Alvarez, fresh off knee surgery, chose enough and secured his place as a member of the new CORE.

Here's to hoping Tucker and Pena follow suit. We'll see. But Tucker has had one opportunity already, though I'm sure it will be revisited.

cbass and juicystream like this.
  18. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

Last post

Why aren't you mad at MLB for the same alleged "crime?"

19. prospecthugger

I'm not much of a Christian anymore, but i'm pretty sure you won't be damned for showing restraint on a baseball centric message board. Seek not to be understood, but to understand.

20. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

My thoughts on Atlanta have changed several times over the Years from sympathy to Anger and back and forth. It settled in to anger with their Atlanta ONLY strike Zone in the 90s because of Ted Turner. My theory is Atlanta had so much trouble in the playoffs because the umpires were not calling the Atlanta Strike Zone during the playoffs.

#160 Marshall Bryant, Nov 18, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2022