1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Garuba is our best player.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Nov 16, 2022.

1. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Lol Sam just own up to your posts about Garuba man. You were insanely negative about his imminent and long term production and brushed off all the signs/evidence I showed you. Cut your losses now, don’t dig your heels in.

We have a real player on our hands, everyone wins.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Defense is played in the head, okay let's say Jabari's potential is way above Garuba's.

Many would have agreed with that and Jabari is only 19.

I would still be talking about Garuba's smart bball brains and his experience having played FIBA ball.

That is something that cannot be denied.

Could Jabari improve and surpass Garuba? Sure, why not.

3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

It's because you are so patient.

D-rock likes this.
  4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Is this the answer to who we can trade for Luka?

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Not so fast. What is Luka's 3P%?

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

He's been way better than I thought this year, I still think he's a role player at best and that his "energy game" wears off after awhile; I also think that when he's not doing energy things (see teh Clippers game) he's a silent drag on your offense that nobody notices; but for now he's been better than I expected and way better than the alternatives like Boban or even Jabari whose offesnse has been way worse than Garuba.

AroundTheWorld and Mathloom like this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Doesn't matter, Banchero was ready coming into the league as was Lamelo who played in Australia.

It took Garuba some time and it is showing.

The difference is Garuba is a lower pick.

Garuba isn't asked to start, carry part of the Offense but Jabari is from the get go.

So one can assume that Garuba is directing all of his effort to the defensive side.

The problem with Jabari is that his O is a heavy construction site and his D is not good enough for a starter but the Rockets will keep on starting him which isn't helping.

8. Risingred

Risingred Member

No, Christian Wood is our best player. He made us almost breaking the franchise record of blocks.

don grahamleone and aaquaa like this.
  9. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Good to hear. "Role player" is so subjective, an exceptional role player can be worth $20m+. I don't think anyone thought he's a franchise player or a superstar. Role players make all star games all the time if they win a lot.

I think his energy may mellow out but his fundamentals on defense are rock solid. That defense isn't going to get worse, I can definitely see it getting better. If he can hit open 3's and pass the ball decisively, he won't be a drag on anyone's offense imo. A drag is someone who messes up your spacing or requires you to use them in a PnR.

Let's see how he looks after his 3pt shot evens out.

don grahamleone likes this.
  10. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Garuba's offensive rebound rate has been a bit insane. I was really excited when we drafted him, so great to see him be a positive contributor so far this season. I saw his passing highlights with the Spanish national team this summer and he's more than capable on the short roll and from the top of the key. If he can actually hit the three consistently he'd be a great role player.

don grahamleone, fattz and D-rock like this.
  11. TimDuncanDonaut

[​IMG]

12. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

*samfisher falls in faint*

13. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Goosemon Aruba

don grahamleone and Ankara1923 like this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

I'm so glad the Fernando silliness has abated.

Silas can be so stupid at times with his rotations.

15. Rolliepollie

Rolliepollie Member

No it hasn't abated. From what everyone is saying is that bruno will start when he comes back possibly this Friday and makes sengun a unhappy bench player again. Garuba would be a back up pf. But it doesn't matter in the end because we can't win with sengun starting or anything. Roster is garbage doesn't matter who starts we still lose. Need an alpha . Sengun while I do like him he is not an alpha. Need a team overhaul and coaching overhaul also. Yes I woke up on the wrong side of the bed today lol but I saw you posted about bruno. He isn't going away. In fact I would wager that we are dumb enough to trade sengun and make bruno our starting center for years. He's like the terminator . He doesn't go away ever, kinda like silas.

16. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

17. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Member

best defender in NBA!

#57 Rinaldi, Nov 24, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2022
    Ankara1923 likes this.
  18. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Garuba could end up becoming a better version of PJ Tucker.

pmac and DreamShook like this.
  19. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

With those shooting %s he should be shooting at least 10 3s a game, Silas smh.

20. Risingred

Risingred Member

He should be the MVP of the league if he can keep up his 3-point percentage at over 80%.