1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Scoot Henderson Tank Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Nov 12, 2022.

?

I like Wemby, but we need a PG.

Poll closed Jun 22, 2023.
  1. Yes

65 vote(s)
    23.6%
  2. Nah, we need Wemby.

131 vote(s)
    47.5%
  3. Nah, draft Wemby & get a PG with Bucks pick.

46 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. Nah, we can find a PG in free agency.

34 vote(s)
    12.3%
  1. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

lol that's like what Bob Knight said about MJ when Portland said they needed to draft a center. "You draft MJ and play him at center"

Corrosion, Futron, xaos and 1 other person like this.
  2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

If we have the choice, we draft Wemby, of course, but if we can get Scoot, I'll be happy, too.

But what if it ends up being pick 3-5?

Futron likes this.
  3. MystikArkitect

Nick Smith and Amen Thompson. The blueprint is there for next year no matter what happens. If we get #1, you draft Wemby and sign a competent point guard. You can't go another year wasting the development of talent. If you get #2, you draft Scoot and make Jalen the primary ball handler until Scoot gets up to speed. If you get 3 you draft Amen Thompson and do the same thing as with Scoot. If you get 4, you draft Nick Smith. 5 is where it gets a little dicey.

We really really need the Nets to bottom out this year. That'd put us at 25-30% chance of landing Wemby or Scoot. I want to say that the Rockets will give Silas another year but I'm not sure you can risk it. The pieces around this team are made for a more movement oriented offense and the head coach believes in Luka-ball.

Rolliepollie and xaos like this.
  4. xaos

xaos Member

Great post!

Only thing I would change to that plan would be to have Scoot H be the primary ball handler day 1 if we were to land him at 2.

5. xaos

xaos Member

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I'm going to be honest. I don't see anything "generational" about him like I do when I see Wemby.

maj21 and xaos like this.
  7. xaos

xaos Member

Wemby is truly generational

I would rank Scoot with or above any of the top gaurds that came out last few years. Personally none of the last few drafts had generational talent for me either, but a ton of high end all stars or elite defensive anchors. That doesn't mean I wasn't super excited or am not still super excited about the classes, because I am. I do see some special things from Scoot that stands out during games that aren't in highlights though.

All of this is just based on my novice opinion and so it doesn't really matter.

Corrosion likes this.
  8. Caesar

Caesar Member

Can't shoot? Score only guard? Yall sleeping on this guy. I see CP3 level with elite explosion.
    #1 pick you have to take Wemby. #2 pick you feel upset for 5 seconds and then realize Scoot is a #1 most other years, but we still may need a few more years to compete.
    #3 or below: you call the suicide hotline. We don't need just another good prospect. We need a franchise changer.

I know there's fear with Wemby's height and our Ralph Sampson and Yao experiences, but..
    [​IMG]

Corrosion, Hakeemtheking and xaos like this.
  9. xaos

xaos Member

I don't want to get caught up in the compare Scoot to this great or that great, but I can tell Scoot wants to be one of the greats. He has the worth ethic, athleticism, family and friend support system, and killer instinct. I'd say he is the most intense and has the most killer instinct out of anyone in the last few drafts.

Hakeemtheking and MystikArkitect like this.
  10. Xopher

Xopher Member

Sam Bowie agrees with OP

11. maj21

maj21 Member

Yeah idk why people keep saying that about. There’s a Scoot or 2 in every draft lol

12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Ya. Hell Green from what I'm seeing creates more seperation off his dribble against NBA defenders while being a few inches taller.

13. Spooner

Spooner Member

Amen

14. maj21

maj21 Member

I think he has a chance to be great, but he’s not generational imo. I would take him or Amen at 2 no doubt.

15. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I just listened to a new podcast on the ringer today about the coming draft. They were saying Scoot might not even go #2. There are other guys who could overtake him. Apparently Scoot isn't shooting the ball very well.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Am very curious to learn more about the other guys in that draft.

17. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

xaos and AroundTheWorld like this.
  18. MystikArkitect

I think it's a bit unfair to compare anyone to Wemby. Even Lebron would go #2 in this draft.

xaos and fchowd0311 like this.
  19. TimDuncanDonaut

20. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Thank you. I needed something to listen to tonight while I freeze watching my son practice.

Williamson likes this.