1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Trade Ideas 2022-23

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jun 27, 2022.

1. LeDakota

LeDakota Member

I see because to me Silas is here to stay forever.

Ankara1923 likes this.
  2. WestendMassive

Who says no?
    [​IMG]

Bo6, Carpe82, xaos and 1 other person like this.
  3. xaos

xaos Member

With the way Green is playing gives me even more reason to feel this way. Green has an enormous amount of untapped potential we have yet to see.

4. xaos

xaos Member

It's intriguing for sure

I wonder what kind of players become available over the next 2 years. I think KPJ can be the Collin Sexton part of a trade where he isn't the reason it works (Nets picks would be) but he is still young enough and has put up good enough numbers for a team to take a chance on him.

5. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Why in the hell would we want lowry? Unless they are adding picks to dump his contract, hell no

D-rock likes this.
  6. xaos

xaos Member

I'd bet there's better deals out there. But here are the pros and cons:

Pros:
    • We consolidate two players who may not be in our future that also aren't contributing much to the future of the core pieces for one player who can. This really really can change based on your opinion on KPJ. If you disagree with this bullet point you probably will think this whole post is stupid, which I don't care lol
    • Lowry was a key contributor to a championship team. Not only that, Heat have a culture that he can teach the young guys about (I know the response from some people: NOW we care about culture?! Theres an answer to that). There's a lot this young team can learn from him
    • Perhaps KPJ will never change and you go from KPJ trying to get his to Lowry who will certainly get more players involved
    • If Lowry helps the young guys he will have positive trade value going into next season or the offseason with 1 year remaining
    • Lowry could help our young guys without really taking us out of the Wemby sweepstakes

Cons:
    • Maybe we can get way more for a KPJ/Gordon package. I'd imagine we could get someone who will be apart of our future via this package
    • Lowry could be disgruntled
    • Lowry has a ton of vet leadership qualities, but maybe he is already phoning it in (Heat staff was upset he showed up to training camp with higher body fat)
    • We lose cap flexibility this offseason (no one that good anyways)

subtomic likes this.
  7. Carpe82

Carpe82 Member

Miami

8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Among 2021 players drafted I bet Sengun has played top 3 or 4 total minutes among them this season. And that’s counting his own teammate within those top 3 or 4. What do you mean Silas doesn’t want him ??

Corrosion likes this.
  9. Rokman

Rokman Member

No offense but what the F are you talking about??? Lowry is 36 years old. He has no future in the NBA. He's past retirement age for 90+% of the NBA. That is a HORRIBLE return for those two guys.

D-rock likes this.
  10. Carpe82

Carpe82 Member

Those two guys? Who? Ego and Ego+?

11. xaos

xaos Member

Yeah I stated that he isn't in our future and also stated we could get a package more suitable for our future roster. I wasn't exactly screaming to the top of my lungs saying this is a great trade that both teams should do. I was just intrigued by it, gave the pros and cons to it, and didn't want to just dismiss the proposed.

Yall overreact to everything on here.

12. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

My bet would be that he would refuse to even play so it wouldn’t matter, unless we bought him out. Why would a super old washed up guy want to be on a rebuilding team. The kpj contract has some value as a trade chip next year as an expiring so I don’t want to just throw it away

xaos likes this.
  13. Rokman

Rokman Member

Ego and KPJ

14. Rokman

Rokman Member

Yeah I did. I admit it. It's actually not worth even getting upset about. Sorry bro.

comrade, D-rock and xaos like this.
  15. Bo6

Bo6 Member

Give us Lowry + a protected 1st and I'm down. Bring Lowry home.

16. daytripper

daytripper Member

This is getting ridiculous.
    Rockets need to bring in a steady PG to play with Green, Sengun, and Jabari. The development of those 3 should be the priority.
    Someone like Tyus Jones would be perfect but doubt Memphis trades him at this point.
    I'd take a steady vet like Conley once the Jazz start to cool down.
    How about someone like McConnell from the Pacers? Obviously Haliburton is their PG of the future.

ExTxGS likes this.
  17. LeDakota

LeDakota Member

Nobody will trade for KPJ…maybe only OKC or Kings.

Ankara1923 likes this.
  18. Bo6

Bo6 Member

any way we can snag Davion Mitchell? would be a nice fit next to Green.

19. Carpe82

Carpe82 Member

That McConnell is perfect. Thats exactly what this team needs

20. LeDakota

LeDakota Member

KMJ+KPJ could be accepted for Mitchell but still low possibility.