1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Before the NBA playoffs resume Friday night, we're talking Rockets, including individual team awards. We're live NOW!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Now it's a PROBLEM?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hlmbasketball, Nov 13, 2022.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Didn't see him average a triple double yet.

WB at his best was a ferocious slasher, rebounder, distributor to the corner 3s. We saw with the Houston version. He just wasn't that good in the Playoffs and he wasn't a shooter.

KPJ shoots better, not the same player type at all. KPJ can't even get to the Playoffs.

#41 daywalker02, Nov 14, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2022
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Could say the same thing about young Westbrook who was a high energy guy and dunker that laid back KPJ isn't.

People forgot what he could do in his early years.

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I was gonna say 10x but I don’t think Harden go enough minutes his sophomore year

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Yet I don’t think the Lakers would do a straight swap.

Wanna know why? Because KPJ has a history of doing stupid in the locker room. At least Russ is just dumb on the court.

5. riko

riko Member

The original poster is to much of a simpleton to understand that.

6. MystikArkitect

Westbrook is like PG Dwight. Anyone who doesn't remember how amazing he was his first 7-8 years in the league has their head in the sand. Sure he wasn't the smartest player but he was ferocious and demanded to be game planned around. And he was an integral part of a young team going yo multiple WCFs and an NBA Finals.

KPj is a legitimate laughing stock. I'm sure Pelicans film study had popcorn and beer watching that.

daywalker02 likes this.
  7. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Nobody knows when the turnover is going to occur or what possession. A turnover just occurs, so you have to account for them by a person's averages.

KPJ avg 3.8 and Harden avg 3.5 - 5.2 per season. That's what the numbers are saying, not me, the numbers. If you think it's not factual, blame the numbers.

#47 hlmbasketball, Nov 14, 2022
  8. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

You can’t possibly be serious can you? In your opinion, which of the following players turns the ball over more:
    Player A: 4 turnovers in 80 possessions
    Player B: 3 turnovers in 30 possessions

9. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Simpleton? I don't think that's accurate, I'm more complex than you might imagine.

However, to clarify, I only compared Harden and KPJ turnover rate to show that we should be use to PGs with high turnover rates.

The difference is that our points are coming from a diiferent person and not the same person who is handling the ball the majority of the time. With Harden, we he provided the points but also the turnovers.

But if you look back at what Harden had and what KPJ had....the only thing missing is the ROLLER OVER THE TOP/ CAPELLA.

MAYBE THATS WHY WHEN BRUNO IS HEALTHY, THEY WANT HIM TO START, RATHER THAN SENGUN.

Did you think about that or is it too COMPLEX for you?

#49 hlmbasketball, Nov 14, 2022
  10. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Obviously, its "B". Where did you get your information? However, I find it hard to believe Harden handled the ball 50 more possessions per game more than KPJ, largely due to the style of play. Harden was more prone to slow it down, whereas KPJ is more up tempo, they are running more.

Im by no means saying KPJ is Harden, Harden was and is special. But if I'm wrong, their amount of turnovers per game, show me the stats? Like I said, I'm just going off of the avgs.

11. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Those are just random numbers. The point is, per possession kpj turns it over more then harden did, that’s just what happened regardless how you try to spin it. Look at turnover rate, not the total number if you want actual numbers

12. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not saying KPJ is a scorer like Harden, few are. I was comparing their turnover stats. If you look back, most of Harden's turnovers came from bad passes and getting the ball stolen from him. He was a good ball handler but not great .

And a lot of his assist where made easier by having a player like Capella who he could LOB passes to over the top.

So now I'm curious, how would Harden have worked with a center like Sengun. Would he have preferred Sengun or Capella?

13. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I was asking to show me where you saw that Harden handled the ball on avg of 50 more possessions per game more than KPJ?

14. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not saying KPJ is a scorer like Harden, few are. I was comparing their turnover stats. If you look back, most of Harden's turnovers came from bad passes and getting the ball stolen from him. He was a good ball handler but not great .

And a lot of his assist where made easier by having a player like Capella

15. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

those numbers are just made up. The only point was that harden turned the ball over less often the KPJ, while you said that harden turned it over more. That was incorrect, as harden turned it over less often.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Who cares, he isn't that now, is he?

We are comparing where they are now.......Westbrook was pretty amazing early.

Not now, he sucks.

DD

17. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I already gave you the numbers.

KPJ 17.9 TO%
    Harden 15.6 TO%

Meaning, over their careers in Houston, for every 100 possessions KPJ has turned it over 17.9 times and for every 100 possessions Harden turned it over 15.6 times.

15.6 < 17.9

18. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

So you made the numbers up that on avg Harden handled the ball 50 more times a game more than KPJ?

I looked at NBA stats to prove my point that Harden avg TO per game was between 3.5 - 5.2 while he was in Houston. KPJ is at 3.8.

I'm not ANTI-HARDEN, I was a fan of Harden while he was here. I'm just saying Harden turned the ball over just as much, if not more. Now all of a sudden, it's a problem!

19. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

To make it plain, what website, where are you getting the information from? I got my info from NBA.COM. That's what I'm asking.

#59 hlmbasketball, Nov 14, 2022
  20. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Basketballreference, nba.com doesn’t have those numbers.