1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Move Green to PG

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Nov 12, 2022.

1. Asian Sensation

Green doesn’t have the handles or ball security for all that (not saying KPJ does either).

Corrosion likes this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Green has definitely shown advances in handles game by game. Did you wat h tonight's game. His turnovers we're from trying to thread passes, not getting stripped. Dude made multiple advanced dribble moves and had the ball on a string in multiple possessions. It was to the point where the opposing announcers who don't follow the Rockets believed Green's handles were "elite". They literally said that. He either fooled them or he's progressed tremendously. Probably a combination of both because there were multiple half court possessions tonight where the dude was doing advanced dribble moves in the heart of the mid range area.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  3. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Why do folks even respond to these knee-jerk repetitive threads like I just did. Lol .. But you are 100% correct OP except Jalen Green being point.. That'd be even worse..

4. fchowd0311

I don't think it would. He's definitely showing progress on his handle. That was the main thing holding him back but you definitely see improvement to the point where Pelican team announcers who don't follow the Rockets thought Green's balling handling is a strength of his.

He really impressed with his handle tonight. At 20 the sky is the limit for him.

Dobbizzle and javal_lon like this.
  5. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Yeah but initiating offense is very cerebral.. Getting others involved probably isn't his strong suit.. Sure he has the ability but I would guess it's mostly reactionary. Now if you're saying just setting the guys up to run a play , I'm with that..But he'd have to push it quickly so he can get to his spots ..

HP3 likes this.
  6. Joe Willie

Joe Willie Member

This

7. fchowd0311

Well he sure did fool the Pels announcers. Literally multiple times they praised Green's handles

Dobbizzle likes this.
  8. Asian Sensation

I did not watch the game tonight. It’s going to take more than 1 game to convince me though. His 2.6 assist to 2.5 to ratio makes me sure of that.

9. fchowd0311

What's Sengun's?

They're both 20 dude. Use the eye test once in a while. ESPECIALLY for young players. Young future star guards hardly have good advanced metrics.

Try to find highlights that include his plays where he gets his free throw attempts. You see him breaking down the defense with his handles and they seem like they are more on a string than before.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  10. Salvy

Salvy Member

Green also has the nicer nail polish and hair....

RocketsDraftTV and fchowd0311 like this.
  11. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I'm just saying there would be more benefit to the team in them swapping ysage and roles. At least for time being. KPJ is too sloppy and gets no separation from his man.

12. Risingred

Risingred Member

No, Green isn't a PG as well. Is it so difficult to trade for a decent PG? If so, why not give TyTy a chance?

Y2JT likes this.
  13. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

I genuinely don't know why you bother arguing with people who don't watch the games. If the only thing they know about the team is the stat-sheet and they're following the results not the games, they don't really have much of a valid opinion anyway.

14. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

This is incredibly shortsighted. You actually dont have to be a point guard to pass the ball and Jalen Green can do a much better job than KPJ in the interim while improving his playmaking. Theres a difference between cant and has not yet.

15. HP3

HP3 Member

People are really morons in this thread. Yea KPJ may not be the answer long term but it's not because KPJ not being a "pure" point guard. Look at how many teams in this league actually have one right now. It's just that his scoring efficiency isnt good enough, which if that's the case its best to move on. I think he actually has shown tremendous improvement this year. Its still fine for me to give him time.

As to the other bozos crying about a true point guard, it shows how little you actually know about today's game.

Plowman and Dobbizzle like this.
  16. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol, did a double take when I saw who you were responding to.

that said, plenty of people who actually watch the games have stupid opinions.

That's just an observation. Not a criticism. :cool:

HP3 likes this.
  17. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

In all honesty, I don't have a clue who either person is I'm not a long term member and not insanely active like some people. Just seems stupid to even debate with people who aren't even watching the game, that's not a stupid opinion, it's a completely irrelevant one because they haven't watched anything and formed their opinion without even seeing the team play. I'd rather argue with stupid opinions from people who watched the games (so you can actually have a discussion - without watching what's there to discuss? Stat sheets are irrelevant to a discussion on how the team plays if you don't actually know how the team plays because you don't watch them play) than have discussions with people who know next to nothing about how the team actually looks on the court.

18. HP3

HP3 Member

[​IMG]

19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

no, I get it--for the most part I agree with what you're saying. I just thought it was funny that the one guy on the entire board you could have responded to with your otherwise sensible statement ("I genuinely don't know why you bother arguing with people who don't watch the games") is the poster most likely on this entire board to argue simply for the sake of arguing.

anyway. I still think there are lots of dumb takes here, even from folks who watch a LOT of basketball. Use the search function sometime and do a search, say, for a guy named @DaDakota . . . that should provide you with plenty of entertainment. :D

Corrosion likes this.
  20. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I think KPJ does. I think his issue is consistency. He looks good one game, the next game not so much.

Consistency comes with experience