1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Real data that sign stealing didn’t help Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by vince, Nov 11, 2022.

1. IdStrosfan

IdStrosfan Member

This is the reason this is never going away.

Really? We can't even stop talking about it on our own message board?

Rock Block likes this.
  2. vince

vince Member

Every team was presented all the evidence. And every team voted after seeing the data. And only the Dodgers and Yankees voted to strip the title from the Astros. All the teams saw what the empirical data suggests, that the stupid scheme didn’t sway the pendulum one way or another.

Of course the Dodgers and Yankees are trolling because they were the whipping boys for the Astros on their way to a World Series. Plus where is the headquarters of the sports national media, uhmm LA and New York. And who’s been pushing the allegations the most, the National media.

Why did Boston not challenge too, well because they had similar stupid schemes.

3. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

Just curious...where did you get this info? Was it in the MLB report?

4. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

I mean I agree with you but at this point it’s just comic relief. Doesn’t have the same affect it had on me anymore

5. vince

vince Member

David Samson, who was President of the Marlins stated all teams voted as to the legitimacy of the 2017 title; and all team less the Dodgers and Yankees agreed it was legitimate (and these two teams had sour grapes). I’ve attached the segment where he calls BS on Hakem Dermish’s questioning the legitimacy of 2017, and opens up about each MLB team being called to cast a vote! The whole segment is great, but at 3:45 is where David starts talking about all 27 teams agreement that 2017 was legit.​

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/video...look-on-phillies-following-world-series-loss/

And even though he doesn’t say vote in this segment, it’s obviously inferred, as he said 27 agree the 2017 is legit. And even though there were calls for the 2017 to be stripped from the Astros, the commissioner refrained, because if 27 of your bosses say it’s legit, he wasn’t going anywhere with that.

marks0223 likes this.
  6. IdStrosfan

IdStrosfan Member

I watched this segment and took that as his opinion of what other teams thought.

I didn't hear anything that said other teams were asked or voted

7. jayfree

jayfree Member

crose likes this.
  8. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member