1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Pelicans 11/12/2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 11, 2022.

1. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

I ever watched KPJ played against the rival’s bench, he showed nothing impressive.

2. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

first time in Jalen Green's career that he has had back to back games of at least 6 assists. We know he can score, he is showing he can add layers on what he did last season. Rebounding and play making the next step.

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

MFer got ejected too?!?

cryout75, DeBeards, BigShasta and 3 others like this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

last I checked just a few days ago, KPJ was 9th in time of possession, but just 30th in potential assists

so while it would be nice if teammates made a shot every single time he passed the ball so his assists were higher, that’s never gonna happen for anyone…he doesn’t generate enough scoring opportunities relative to how much he dribbles and controls the rock

if you’re averaging a lot of assists, u can live with a high amount of turnovers…if you’re scoring a lot of points in an efficient manner, u can live with it

but when you’re doing neither of those things, well…

5. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

The whole skillset was on display. Anyway, watch the second half until KPJ subs back in and get the positive vibes. Too sad that we are not celebrating that part and are lost in the KPJ talk.

6. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

A couple of times now I’ve seen this and expected him to snap. Eventually he will, and I wouldn’t want to be on the receiving end of it.

7. a time to chill

8. larsv8

larsv8 Member

Good to see Green with a nice efficient night, and Jabari with 15 rebounds is good to see as well.

Martin Jr continues to make his case as a possible long term rotation player.

Our defense is bad, and so are the turnovers, but that will improve over time with experience and better roster construction.

9. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

After this game, KPJ officially has the most turnovers per game in NBA.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. Downtown Sniper

Poor Jose, I feel for him.

It isn't the smoke you need to run from.

It's the piping hot pumpkin soup.

Doesn't he know how fragile KPJ is?

11. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

12.8 potential assists a game coming in to tonights game. That is pretty good. He was 16th, not 30th in that stat before tonight.12th in passes made as well. If he could get a consistent pick and roll tandem, he could get some easier plays done as well. He score efficiently tonight from the field at 9-16. He was coming off back to back 11 assists games.

#1131 kingkingston, Nov 13, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2022
  12. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Everyone needs to quit crying…we have a good point guard we’re paying 45 million dollars to play for the contender Clippers. We also have a good one playing in the G-League. We’re loaded…

hakeem94 and PeterKingX like this.
  13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

star players are a big fraud.. you gotta pay them and/or they leave you and they dont contribute to real winning... give me sengun and 11 role players!

see minessota eg loaded with stars and their game aint even pretty and they didnt win in last decade or the next 3

14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

basketball morons

DeBeards likes this.
  15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

THIS

Ankara1923 likes this.
  16. Reeko

Reeko Member

last I checked going into the Orlando game he was ranked 30th…I have not looked at it since then

I guess the Orlando and Toronto game bumped him up, then he fell right back to his usual ball stopping ways tonight

he was shooting 33/86 in his last 6, so it’s nice he was actually efficient with his scoring

a guy this mediocre is 8th in the entire league in time of possession…good for tanking, but not for anything else

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

18. JW86

JW86 Member

This might have been my favorite loss of the year, lots of positives to take from this. I won't overreact to KPJ or any other individual play. What is clear is that our bench mob of Tari, Garuba & Martin Jr were again giving us that spark and part of two comebacks. Again this game proved we don't give up, we don't back down, and we're in it until the last few minutes against a good team. That is good enough for me. Hell, we even saw Silas go with Josh after Nix messed up - who cleared it up in the 2nd half aside from a few brain farts - and Boban, which was actually okay except for timing maybe.

I am very pleased with most of our players, though it's a shame Nix, KPJ, Jabari and worst of all Gordon keep making these dumb mistakes. I believe we could've won had it not been for Gordon messing up on both sides when it was 104-104 / 106. Stepping out of bounds and fouling Ingram, though I believe he shouldn't have been in at the end in the first place and putting him on Ingram is stupid. I seriously do not understand some match-ups in this game like putting Jabari on Zion.

All in all though, great play by Green and our bench mob as well as Jabari going after rebounds fueled the fire that kept us in a game against a taller, much more talented team. Regarding Jabari, once he starts to put on some weight and the game starts slowing down for him, he will be scary good. Glad I watched the game instead of highlights for sure. Lots of credit and love to the Pelicans commentators, easily #1 to me. Such a great duo, poised, raving about Green and our squad, being honest about fouls and very easy to listen to.

AlperenSengun likes this.
  19. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Winnable game, all folks had to do was keep feeding the hot green and not commit dumb turnovers.

everybody gets a short a$$ leash for doing a bad turnover and JC is stuck in the doghouse for god knows how long while KPJ gets to commit 7 turnovers without worries.

Silas really b playing favorites.

Sengun sadly would get a D-F grade for his lack of contribution and getting fouled out in 19 mins. Watch dem anti folks start using the foul prone angle again.

I really b liking garuba, eason, and martin. Hell i think smith paired with these guys would also do well.

Smith had a nice game, was more active on rebounds and more active attacking the basket.

Trade gordon please, literally taking up shots plus mins we could be giving to the other players. literally no point in letting gordon bail us out with his 3 pt attempts on offense possession.

20. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Member

Top tier tanking.

Ankara1923, ilovehtownbb and anchel like this.