1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Athletic: Bruno Fernando Will Start Over Sengun When He Returns

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sengun, Nov 11, 2022.

1. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Bobby got eviscerated

cmoak1982, clutchdabear and hakeem94 like this.
  2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I counted two doubles the entire game. In the Raptors game I saw Green having the defense hedged on his side. Last season against the Raptors when Green had that 5 game 30 pt streak, the Raptors excessively doubled him.

3. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Ankara1923 likes this.
  4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

shame on you how you dare call an unproven player a genius!

1. BTW alpi has one of the quickest feet in the association at least on the offensive side of the ball... theres no denying it....

2. but i guess people assume being a rockets these days means you get to relie only on what is there and no coaching to bring the same potential on defense...

3 oth last year when i was actually still watching games in the first half of the year alpi showed me from time to hes very quick and can stay with the fast and quick guards on defensive end ....

4. sometimes he used to follow them from perimeter all the way to the rim and even block the shot but the teammates wouldnt clean up the boards afterwards and it was a putback each time!! this would happen every game LIKE A CLOCKWORK!

5 of course when that happens constantly you cant expect him to give the same uphill effort every night especially on this team where nobody plays defense...on the team where youre even being punished by demotion and denying playing time for giving effort and excelling...

6 so potential to defend is absolutely there but you cant expect from him to excel on that end when hes punished for being the best player and /or teammates not cleaning up after hes done his work...

LeDakota, clutchdabear and aaquaa like this.
  5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have a problem with people comparing Kanter’s defensive feet to Sengun’s.

Sengun has some great physical tools to play defense. Let him play, Coach. He is going to make you proud, I promise you. He has the personality and work ethic to be a foundational leader for this franchise. He will bust his ass to improve, and he naturally makes everyone around him better.

For me, this team should be built around JG/Sengun primarily, with Jabari/Tari on deck.

#285 RudyTBag, Nov 12, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2022
  6. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

"What the hell is this?"
    "It's an old Turkish warning. It means Stephen Silas sleeps with the fishes."

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If it were me, I'd do what J Gatlin suggested - start Sengun and then rotate him out midway through the first qtr so he could come back and play more with the 2nd unit. Then we can have Bruno in there with the starters. Then figure it out based on the team we are playing.

It's clear that Segun is talented and deserves the playing time to develop. But it also makes sense to see what Bruno can do as he is intriguing and I think just coming into his own as well.

Easy, aaquaa and AlperenSengun like this.
  8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol these people are all fooled by silas.... this kid didnt even play more than 2 dozens of real nba games (30+minutes games)...THIS IS BASICALLY HIS ROOKIE SEASON

and you could even claim he didnt even played 1 real nba game.... for the real team competing...with real coaches, tactics, trainings and all players playing striving for real and giving effort...

and they already know he wont be able to stay on the floor defensively in 10 years from now...Lololololol

9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

and even Kanter went to western conference Finals...if klay injury happens a series earlier he could of went to finals....

aaquaa likes this.
  10. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

This might be one of the dumbest things I have read on this BBS in 20+ years.

#290 AroundTheWorld, Nov 12, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2022
  11. maj21

maj21 Member

Thinking Sengun is gonna improve athletically is delusional. He’ll get stronger, that’s about it. Your athletic prime is like 18-24, as far as speed and jumping ability

12. aaquaa

aaquaa Member

Who t f cares? He's a king.

13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

injured cp3 38 years old has beaten GOAT lebron in playoffs..cp3 played on one hand not even shooting
    ATHLETICISM IS A BIG FRAUD
    iq is the king!
    and alpi is cp3 of the bigs!

LeDakota and Ankara1923 like this.
  14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Dean Oliver's estimation of offensive rating existed at least a decade before the NBA was using things like player tracking, so it's kind of impossible for them to be the same stats. It's why a calculation based upon estimations had to be used. The only people that can gauge a possession accurately is probably the NBA. If you go to other sites, you'll see the efficiency rating maybe called something else and probably calculated in some other fashion or at least slightly differently.

The estimation of offensive and defensive efficiency/rating is probably as old, if not older than things like PER. They're both from the early days of analytics in basketball and both are used, abused, and misused in arguments on the Internet. lol.

KingCheetah and Ankara1923 like this.
  16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Wait. Did you check the percentage of loss with games Bruno plays?

That's right, 100%. By your logic, Bruno is better than Sengun ... in losing.

17. maj21

maj21 Member

literally what I’ve been saying for months. As good as Sengun is offensively, we will never go all the way with him as our starting 5. I’m sry to everyone, but it’s the truth. He’ll be unplayable in the playoffs. Teams would rain 3s off of screens and get layups/dunks at will. The reason why he doesn’t finish games right now. I know Brook Lopez has slow feet, but at least he has great size and protects the rim at a very high level. Giannis still had to cover for him a lot. You gotta at least have one of great rim protection or be switchable. Sengun doesn’t have either one unfortunately

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Everything you said applies to Jokic too. He is not switchable. Even though he has size, he is not a rim protector because he lack quickness in jumping. I am not saying Sengun has reached Jokic's level on offense. But to say that he won't be playable in the playoffs because of what you said doesn't match with reality.

You know who is unplayable in the playoff? Rudy Gobert, the perennial DPOY candidate who is one of the greatest rim protectors in the league. Why? Because he is unswitchable on defense AND a negative on offense. Why is Jokic a two-time MVP even though he is unswitchable and not a rim protector? Because the whole offense depends on him.

19. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Wrong. Athletic prime begins around 22.
    It’s why overwhelming majority of Olympic male athletes start getting faster around age 22. Same with football and pretty much any sport that trains for explosiveness.

harold bingo likes this.
  20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Yup. True. Which makes it insane that Jalen Green hasn't even hit his athletic prime yet.

cmoak1982 likes this.