1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Click Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by lnchan, Nov 11, 2022.

1. astroa89

astroa89 Member

Click did try to make big trades like the one for Contreras for example ownership would not let him manage the roster like he wanted to.

2. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Dubon is a family friend of Dusty...

Stephen66 likes this.
  3. msn

msn Member

Please, I hope this isn't true. Otherwise it could possibly be exactly like Jerry Jones: the next time we sniff any playoff success will be...

4. BlindHog

BlindHog Member

All you have to do is take a critical look at the minors to see that maintaining/creating a productive talent pipeline in the minors was beyond Clicks capabilities. It is too soon for the damage he did to be obvious but the fact that we are shopping for players this off-season instead of installing pre-arranged solutions is a pretty good indicator of what is coming.

5. lnchan

"Dusty just following orders on resting players"

...bull****

Stephen66 and everyday eddie like this.
  6. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Growing up we had this family down the street and our parents were good friends, so their son who was a year younger than me was over all the time. I usually acted like I liked him because I knew that is what my parents expected, but the kid was really a pr1ck

I won't try to act like I know the ins and outs of the true relationships in the Astros clubhouse, but there is no doubt that we all had at least part of it wrong

7. astroa89

astroa89 Member

Crazy Click got sent to the meetings with no contract in place if he was a bad dude he could have sabotaged the Astros contract negotiations on the way out.

8. evilhomer

evilhomer Member

As long as it isn't Pupura or Wade 2.0....

9. astroa89

astroa89 Member

So in y'all's memory when is the last time a team let go of a GM and would have let go of the coach if he hadn't agreed to a one year deal right after winning the championship?

everyday eddie and Stephen66 like this.
  10. astroa89

astroa89 Member

You also would hope he doesn't turn into another Steinbrenner either.

11. msn

msn Member

Why can't the Astros win without making a cluster**** out of something????

astroa89 likes this.
  12. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Let us continue to crush the haters. Hire LUHNOW baby.

13. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

They were definitely force feeding Meyers. He wasn't ready but they sent Chas and Siri down and eventually trading Siri for pretty much nothing. Trading Straw was a way to force feed Chas and Meyers. Straw would have been more useful than Dubon. In the end, it worked out for everyone.

Stephen66 likes this.
  14. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

So Jimmy C went to the GM meetings and talked trash about the situation for 3 days, then shocked he’s not being retained.

Crane fired him. Frankly, with the Brian T Smith article and the debacle at the GM meetings, can’t blame him. Even though I think Click did an alright job, he acted like an unprofessional douche.

15. lnchan

If the relationship wasn't sustainable... delaying the inevitable hurts everyone involved

16. Qan

Qan Member

You should've seen this happening when Dusty was kept and only 1 year was offered to Click. No GM, especially young ones, that just won a WS will accept that sh*t. Nothing surprising.

17. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

GM was in like 1948 Yankees let go of Larry MacPhail for fighting people in several locations after the Yankees won the WS

18. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

Click was smart, and calculated. He saw the most important way get a ring was a deep pen. He built this pen.

Some of the things that have come out post WS are interesting. His drafts are gonna be tough to grade with stripped picks from scandle. I think his smaller trades of recent times have been shrewd. All those little edges add up on a roster.

All the best James Click and thanks for getting us the ring and leaving us primed to repeat.

19. lnchan

How long was Bob Weinhauer around? Oh ****

20. Stephen66

Stephen66 Member
    Supporting Member

F*ck that, make AJ Hinch General Manager.

fuck-yall-86004ec1bc.jpg

ALL Y'ALL

IBTL likes this.