1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Athletic: Bruno Fernando Will Start Over Sengun When He Returns

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sengun, Nov 11, 2022.

1. Sengun

Sengun Member

TimDuncanDonaut and Rolliepollie like this.
  2. LeDakota

LeDakota Member

Silas wants to develop legendary 25 years old Bruno Fernando as how he developed Theis and Daniel House.

Mastermind Silas, no matter what I support you.

3. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I like Fernando but Garuba has been playing well enough that I hate to see him fall out of the rotation.

4. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I have grown to hate Stephen Silas

5. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Just cause the athletic says it doesn’t mean it will happen

I’m curious to see how we play with Bruno ... except I am not because I am not really watching the games .

maybe I catch 1 out of every 4 .

If the rockets want my attention and me to care they should not suck .

It’s clear we are trying to develop KPJ and green first and foremost . And I mean really first and foremost .

6. Risingred

Risingred Member

Thanks for sharing. What a trash article. How many games we won when Bruno started? A big zero. Indeed, we won two games (and we could have won three if that idiot coach didn't take Sengun out in the last two minutes) since Bruno hurt. That's no stats or facts to support we'll be better if Bruno starts. There are +/- and turnover stats showing we need a better PG than KPJ. The writer doesn't watch the Rockets games, does't look at the stats, and write a trash article on a trash newspaper. If we benched a player with the top 10 PER in the league, other teams will be laughing at us like we are stupid or something. Well, we are lucky the Nets has been diverting some attentions. The Kings may have a revival season this year, while the Rockets will become the next Kings, at this rate.

aaquaa, Ankara1923 and LeDakota like this.
  7. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

So, I want to write this off as Iko’s opinion, but I did that earlier in the season with Feigen.

I’m no longer giving Silas the benefit of the doubt. Yes, Fernando is a nice rotational piece on a great contract. But Sengun should start. Period.

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Rockets looking at sending Sengun to the Lakers? Sources?

9. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

If that happens.

@Jontro says he will leak all of Silas nudes to Tmz. Consider this a warning.

- Don Corleone

10. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

Don’t know who’ll start but pretty sure that they will get equal minutes, 24 each. Apart from basketball reasons it would be stupid for Silas to start Bruno. He will look like he has a problem with Sengun. But you never know with Silas.

Ankara1923 likes this.
  11. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

In other news.......

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Lol time to fire Silas

PeterKingX, fattz, clos4life and 3 others like this.
  13. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Eason compliments Jalen so well he is the future. If Jalen’s outside shot is not falling he is useless.

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

When are we gonna get the Eason is starting thread?

15. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Starting lineup should be KPJ, Jalen, Eason, Bari and Sengun

swattx, AXG, ilias and 20 others like this.
  16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Just so you know, Sengun has a slightly lower assist to turnover ratio than Green.

fattz and hakeem94 like this.
  17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

if this is true, silas has to be the most frustrating coach in rockets history. 3 straight seasons of being the worst team in the NBA is not good. please fire him before that happens to his record.

#17 DreamShook, Nov 11, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2022
  18. Reeko

Reeko Member

just checked, and the team has a 122 defensive rating when Sengun is on the court…the worst on the entire team

it improves to 109 when he’s off

doesn’t really matter right now, but if Sengun is your last line of defense in the future, the rest of the players on the court better be on point on that end

19. Rolliepollie

Rolliepollie Member

Aside from the lob threat and I think post defense what does bruno do that helps kpj and the rockets? Does he space the floor and shoot threes? No. Does he block shots and play defense and rebound like guraba no? Does he have an offensive bag like sengun? No trying to figure out why we even resigned him much less start him

I mean maybe just maybe it's a trick to tank without silver punishing us saying we intentential tanked. But I don't think thats it I think silas is so corny he wants kpj to have a successful career and stats over the rockets success

That will probably not lead to wemby but it will lead to silas being gone by next season and even worse a team watching this and offering sengun a starting job and bigger contract next season?. Then we lose sengun.

You would think stone would want to show off sengun since that is probably his best draft steal Gem in the last two years

I mean I would wager to bet that silas views kpj so much like a son that that is all he cares about and not the rockets. I think I'm wrong but damn.

Anyways like yall said we have not won a game when bruno starts. I don't even want sengun getting 24 minutes off the bench. I want sengun happy to be a rocket I want us to win and I want sengun starting until he fouls out lol

I'm busy I had plans today I wasn't plan on posting especially this long but damn I wake up to more bull crap stupid ideas from silas like the 1000th time in three yrs

20. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's the net rating that matters.

The Rockets are better at basketball when Sengun is on the floor, period.